Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2012, 03:45 PM #1
raptor22288

Help with new team constitution

I'm working on starting a team at my university. So far I've got 12 people interested and that's just from the music department. What I need help with is coming up with a constitution for our future organization. I would appreciate it if anyone could send me a copy of their teams/club's constitution in a PM.
raptor22288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM #2
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
I don't have access to our constitution at the moment, but I can offer you a starting point for writing your own.

1. Establish an exec board to run the club and outline their responsibilities. This could include:
- President
- Vice President
- Treasurer
- Secretary

2. Determine how and when the exec board is elected.

3. Write up a meeting structure:
- When do meetings happen?
- How often do meetings happen?
- What is covered in the meetings?

Go over the day to day operations in your head and write down how everything should work. Convert it to outline form and refer to the guidelines your school has for constitutions. Make adjustments as necessary.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM #3
raptor22288

Awesome, that's the info I was looking for in a nutshell. So far things are looking real good for this to happen.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:58 PM #4
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Ask your student activities office what the requirements are or if you can see a sample constitution. Their rules are the most important ones. For example, clubs may be required to have a certain number of people CPR certified, or have a safety officer, or any number of positions that you didn't even know existed. You'd be surprised.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 AM #5
fuccimiles1228

fuccimiles1228 supports Team VICIOUS
fuccimiles1228 is an NCPA player
fuccimiles1228 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fuccimiles1228 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if you email me Cory.Maffucci@quinnipiac.edu i can send you a copy of Quinnipiac's constitution of you want some ideas. i know i had a tough time with this last year so if you need any help hit me up. also can find me on facebook Cory Maffucci Quinnipiac University

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=74897930#post74897930 <<<<gearbag sale!!!<<<
https://vimeo.com/user5142937 << vimeo page<< watch my stuff
fuccimiles1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 AM #6
raptor22288

Thanks for the help everyone. I've got all my paperwork lined up. Now I just have to recruit school wide to get some more people and we're golden. Can't wait to get started.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 AM #7
fuccimiles1228

fuccimiles1228 supports Team VICIOUS
fuccimiles1228 is an NCPA player
fuccimiles1228 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fuccimiles1228 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome! best of luck!!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=74897930#post74897930 <<<<gearbag sale!!!<<<
https://vimeo.com/user5142937 << vimeo page<< watch my stuff
fuccimiles1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM #8
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
Good luck man! Just be prepared to go through a lot of hoops, meetings, and having to go through several different school departments such Campus PD, Rec Center, Student Activities, etc....

UTSA has been getting our club up and running for the last three months, and we just got the word last Monday that we were accepted into the Recreation Center as a probationary club sport. After a year we'll be eligible for funding... hopefully we can sell it pretty good then and possibly be able to get some sort of set up to play on campus.

Edit: Eforce hit in the nail on the head. We're required to have at least 2 CPR/AED & First Aid certified people to be in attendance at practices, events, and scrimmages. I spent $60 getting mine taken care of before the semester to help show how dedicated I am to getting the club up and running. Fortunately we have 2-3 others certified, if you check through your recreation center/club sports people, they probably offer discounted classes. I highly recommend printing out their handbooks and going over every sentence and make sure you fully understand everything.

Last edited by Freak36 : 03-08-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote