spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKIm View Post
Bring back SEMI.
why do you say Semi went away? It is still what is played at most fields and nppl

CHECK THEM OUT: WILLING TO PAY FOR TRADES WITH THESE BELOW!

QUALITY GAMING COMPUTER SET UP FST!

4xREPLAY XD 1080 mini FST
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 AM #45
spartan117d7

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggr5 View Post
Nothing its getting biggerand better every year.
yes, every year it has been growing but the snail pace hasn't been fun

Old 03-18-2012, 02:12 PM #46
JFOG11
JoJo Fogarty

JFOG11 is playing at Living Legends V
JFOG11 is for the Gunfight
JFOG11 supports Pev's Paintball
JFOG11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would make paintball be advertised and previewed on TV.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM #47
JR007

The only problem with that, is someone has to pay for it. We want cheap, but exposure = investment (usually with money).
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 PM #48
spartan117d7

But wouldn't you say that the exposure and money it will take to get it will be worth it in the end?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 AM #49
Boomgoesthedynamite

I would make a short time limit on games. The Race too format and the NPPL format make for way to long of games. if the games had a 5 minute time limit for 5 man, and 7 minute for 7 man, it would make players force the issue making for way more exciting points.
Boomgoesthedynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:32 AM #50
JR007

Spartan, I agree it would probably be worth it, if done right, but my point was more at all of the posts of people saying make it CHEAPER. If it were to get promoted by manufacturers, organisers, or non-industry backers, they would most probably want a return on their investment pretty quick. Fastest way there is boosting the price of goods and entry fees.
I do agree 100% about promotion though. Most guys I know have NO idea tourney ball even exists, and think $15 per 100 rounds is what it costs to play any kind of paintball!
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:14 AM #51
spartan117d7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Spartan, I agree it would probably be worth it, if done right, but my point was more at all of the posts of people saying make it CHEAPER. If it were to get promoted by manufacturers, organisers, or non-industry backers, they would most probably want a return on their investment pretty quick. Fastest way there is boosting the price of goods and entry fees.
I do agree 100% about promotion though. Most guys I know have NO idea tourney ball even exists, and think $15 per 100 rounds is what it costs to play any kind of paintball!
Exactly!! thats why I am constantly trying to promote the sport!... its just hard because im in college but its so rewarding to show people that paintball really is more than everyone thinks

Old 03-27-2012, 05:37 PM #52
spartan117d7

Thank you everyone who has responded!

Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 AM #53
spartan117d7

who Thinks It Is True That Nppl Probably Wont Be Around For Much Longer With The Loss Of Sponsors?!?

Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 AM #54
WTF is Paintball
52nd Swag Monsta Gang

WTF is Paintball is playing at Living Legends V
WTF is Paintball posts videos on PbNation
WTF is Paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
WTF is Paintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WTF is Paintball has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WTF is Paintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
WTF is Paintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
change the cap of 12.5 to like 25 or something

WTF is Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 AM #55
spartan117d7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF is Paintball View Post
change the cap of 12.5 to like 25 or something
Why would you want that?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM #56
longstar550

longstar550 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
longstar550 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
longstar550 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
longstar550 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I think it would be really cool if paintball adopted a game style much like hockey football or any other sport. Paintball relies heavily ( well completly ) on turnements, but what if there were league games that woudl establish a standing for each team in each division and than have a final turnement. This would lower travel costs because it would allow for teams to play other teams in their half of the country. It would bring more moeny to feilds because there would be feilds needed to host league games. I think this type of format would not only help the players but the industry in genral.
longstar550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 PM #57
ctrbacolod

ctrbacolod owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There is a lot of talk about publicity and having paintball be on TV. I think if you want to have that happen the first thing we need to change is get rid of the cheating mentality. If people watch paintball on TV and all they see is a bunch of cheaters what message will we be portraying?

I think the first thing that needs to go and change is the cheating. What ever happened to being a person of you word and a stand up player and having integrity? You think prices are killing the sport? What happens when a new player comes out and is treated like crap and plays with a bunch of cheaters? Does that make them want to play more or continue the sport? People play and continue to come out because of a good time and a kind word that an experienced player said and helped them when they were playing not by some D bag player that cheats and thinks he is the shiz and is an A hole to everyone around him.

That's what needs to go and what needs to change.
ctrbacolod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM #58
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen plays in the MiLP
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
I have to (partially) disagree with that.

Let's consider the other so-called "mainstream" sports in America. Major League Baseball was never bigger than during the so-called "Steroids Era" when the entire sport was full of players on the juice. Fans ate it up. NFL football, flags get thrown every game for linemen holding, or personal fouls etc. etc. The NFL is still growing. The NBA certainly hasn't eliminated the "Hard Foul" from their game, players even do it intentionally. Meanwhile, fans don't cry about it. The NHL, guys end up in the penalty box every game. Why is that? Because they played by the rules and were rewarded with a bit of downtime? Nope. Soccer, you've got to practically mug somebody to get carded, and often times players get away with fouls and other "dirty" plays that the referee on the filed might not see.

I just don't see "cheating" such as it is being that much of a detriment to the game as a product being shown to a mass "TV" type audience. If you had two teams cheat like crazy through a Pro-game and put it on TV, I doubt that any non-player watching would even be able to process that the infractions had even occurred without being told or shown. They're too busy trying to figure out what exactly is going on in the first place.

At the local level, of course we need more players to have a "grow the game" type mindset rather than the "win at all costs" mindset that some guys exhibit.
BLACK '07+ Planet Eclipse OOPS
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM #59
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrbacolod View Post
There is a lot of talk about publicity and having paintball be on TV. I think if you want to have that happen the first thing we need to change is get rid of the cheating mentality. If people watch paintball on TV and all they see is a bunch of cheaters what message will we be portraying?

I think the first thing that needs to go and change is the cheating. What ever happened to being a person of you word and a stand up player and having integrity? You think prices are killing the sport? What happens when a new player comes out and is treated like crap and plays with a bunch of cheaters? Does that make them want to play more or continue the sport? People play and continue to come out because of a good time and a kind word that an experienced player said and helped them when they were playing not by some D bag player that cheats and thinks he is the shiz and is an A hole to everyone around him.

That's what needs to go and what needs to change.

Are you speaking from experience? Is there any webcasts you could specifically reference that showcases cheating? Is cheating rampant at your local fields?

In reality I have found cheating to be pretty rare and not so blatantly obvious. Iv watched alot of webcasts and have yet to catch someone wiping. What is bad is blow ups like jrab this weekend. That's not cheating, because there was no intent to win and even blow ups like that are pretty isolated and uncommon compared to other main stream sports. We also probably have more refs per square foot than any other sport.

If there are debags at your local field, address it on the spot. Grab a ref and an owner and call that guy out. As a business they can't adapt to customer concerns if they are unaware. And I'm sure NO business owner wants an individual that is driving customers away. Really putting it on the net isn't gonna fix anything.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 PM #60
ctrbacolod

ctrbacolod owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
Are you speaking from experience? Is there any webcasts you could specifically reference that showcases cheating? Is cheating rampant at your local fields?

In reality I have found cheating to be pretty rare and not so blatantly obvious. Iv watched alot of webcasts and have yet to catch someone wiping. What is bad is blow ups like jrab this weekend. That's not cheating, because there was no intent to win and even blow ups like that are pretty isolated and uncommon compared to other main stream sports. We also probably have more refs per square foot than any other sport.

If there are debags at your local field, address it on the spot. Grab a ref and an owner and call that guy out. As a business they can't adapt to customer concerns if they are unaware. And I'm sure NO business owner wants an individual that is driving customers away. Really putting it on the net isn't gonna fix anything.

Maybe its just my own back yard. When I scrimmage against a D2 team or watch them from the sidelines and all I see is cheating and another team locally has a junior club and has a practice and the focus and drills are on how to cheat and rub the bunker and dive on your chest after being shot and crap like that. You may have watched many a webcast but just like stated about you don't see it unless you know what your looking for and at. On a side note when the owner of the field also owns the cheating team and sponsors them do you really think they give a crap what anyone says? :-)
ctrbacolod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM #61
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

What did jrab do do? (I missed all but a couple games)
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 PM #62
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3784215
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 AM #63
tarand123
nuckaa please

tarand123 plays in the PSP
tarand123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tarand123 supports Team VICIOUS
tarand123 plays in the APPA D4 division
fields that arent owned by a d bag who only cares about money and wont put any money into the field to make it better. or fields where teams play and hog the field the whole day and wont let rec players play a game
tarand123 is offline   Reply With Quote