Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 AM #43
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolol20 View Post
if i would have never rode drunk 3 times

and the constant maintenance (mostly from drunk wrecking zx900B)

Im all for a bike
God I hope you're a troll.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
cynicalrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2012, 07:06 PM #44
Claery
Sky is the limit.

Claery has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I put on 7k miles in 3 months. Rode that thing always. Im buying a different one this season. Looking at a 07-8 zx6r. Might be nutbusters like everyone says but Id rather try them all and see which ones I personally like. Last season, I fell, twice. Both were because I was doing wheelies so thats my own damn fault. Im not a squid, I wear all my gear. So please dont ride with shorts and a short sleeve. Better yet... sandals?? Its going to be my third year riding and Im not stopping.

If I were you, Id get an r6. Very comfortable, and affordable. Get the 03-05 years to start off on and if you like bikes, sell it and get another kind or get newer/bigger. You should pay around 3-3700 for a good bike. Check the tires, chain, oil if you can. Mainly bikes that are painted have been dropped so be skeptical when they say " I just painted it to not be like everyone else " People shouldnt be dropping over 1k because they dont want to be like the next guy....

Theyre fast and fun, take a local driving course and be safe. Stay your distance and actually yes speed ahead of others so youre by yourself. Obviously slow down when your clear.

That was my girl last season Im aware I didn't have my flushmounts and integrated tails installed then

Last edited by Claery : 03-01-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Claery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 PM #45
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
In that case, what should I be looking for in a first bike? What kind of characteristics?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 PM #46
Claery
Sky is the limit.

Claery has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
In that case, what should I be looking for in a first bike? What kind of characteristics?
Id say go 600. Everyone says itll be to big and shouldnt start off with it. More like no. A 250 is so slow and youll learn to ride within a day of going out and doing it. As soon as you become comfortable you begin to go faster and faster. And you cant really in a 250. So go to a 600. And you can stay there for so long if you want. I like them, theyre light and comfortable. Ive riden my buddies r1, stretched zx10r and all the 600's seem very nice and even. Give or take Ive never riden a 750 and want to badly. I like to stunt here and there but I love leaning and turning more than anything.

Like I said, check tires, look for wear, check if the chains been lubricated, listen to the exhaust ( mainly the idle, if its jumpy that could mean something ) , try the headlights, if you have someone to ride it for you accelerate see if theres anything wrong, or just rev it enough when it warms up ( can show you if plugs are bad ). Just ask questions really. Just like a car. You want to know as much as you can
Old 03-07-2012, 04:36 AM #47
agentbp107
Let's go pro

agentbp107 plays in the PSP
agentbp107 plays in the APPA D5 division
agentbp107 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
agentbp107 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Motorcycles are my life since my first one, I decided to become a motorcycle mechanic and by this time next year I will graduate as a double major in Honda,Harley,Kawasaki, and Bmw Motorcycles are a way of life
Army Aviation!
English Mother****** DO YOU SPEAK IT?
We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men
Purple splash pooty Luxe
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...ps183b9de9.jpg
agentbp107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 AM #48
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claery View Post
Id say go 600. Everyone says itll be to big and shouldnt start off with it. More like no. A 250 is so slow and youll learn to ride within a day of going out and doing it. As soon as you become comfortable you begin to go faster and faster. And you cant really in a 250. So go to a 600. And you can stay there for so long if you want. I like them, theyre light and comfortable. Ive riden my buddies r1, stretched zx10r and all the 600's seem very nice and even. Give or take Ive never riden a 750 and want to badly. I like to stunt here and there but I love leaning and turning more than anything.

Like I said, check tires, look for wear, check if the chains been lubricated, listen to the exhaust ( mainly the idle, if its jumpy that could mean something ) , try the headlights, if you have someone to ride it for you accelerate see if theres anything wrong, or just rev it enough when it warms up ( can show you if plugs are bad ). Just ask questions really. Just like a car. You want to know as much as you can
Yes let's jump straight to a race bike and take longer to learn how to really ride rather than putting the time in on a slower, safer not as sensitive bike and learning how to properly ride.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM #49
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
I've ridden off and on for 23 years. The only regret I have is all the time I lost during the 15 years or so that I didn't have a motorcycle.

I know tons of past and current riders. Very few of them regret buying a motorcycle. And the few who do fall into one of two groups. 1. People who didn't listen and bought too much bike and scarred the crap out of themselves and 2. People who've been in life altering accidents. People in the first group outnumber people in the second by far.

If you want a bike, ask yourself the following questions. Do you make sound judgments? Are you willing to accept the consequences if you go down? If you can answer "yes" to both questions then start by testing the first one when you choose your first bike. If you're first bike is a machine that was designed for the racetrack, they you probably weren't honest with your first answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtbreakingpoint View Post
I know too many people that have died on a bike or have been seriously injured by no fault of their own to make me never seriously consider owning one.
When riders are honest with themselves, very few motorcycle wrecks are "by no fault of their own."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink04teletubbie View Post
Ohh a horn makes perfect sense. Someone pulls out in front of you, you're about to t-bone them with only .4 seconds to react, so you honk your horn. That'll show those <del>****</del>ers!
I almost spit the coke I was drinking when I read this. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote:

An R6, even an older one, is a purpose built race bike that they've added blinkers and mirrors to so they'll be street legal. They and other 600cc supersports aren't beginner bikes by ANY stretch of the imagination.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Last edited by tonybhall : 03-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
tonybhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM #50
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
I put on 7k miles in 3 months. Rode that thing always. Im buying a different one this season. Looking at a 07-8 zx6r. Might be nutbusters like everyone says but Id rather try them all and see which ones I personally like. Last season, I fell, twice. Both were because I was doing wheelies so thats my own damn fault. Im not a squid, I wear all my gear. So please dont ride with shorts and a short sleeve. Better yet... sandals?? Its going to be my third year riding and Im not stopping.

If I were you, Id get an r6. Very comfortable, and affordable. Get the 03-05 years to start off on and if you like bikes, sell it and get another kind or get newer/bigger. You should pay around 3-3700 for a good bike. Check the tires, chain, oil if you can. Mainly bikes that are painted have been dropped so be skeptical when they say " I just painted it to not be like everyone else " People shouldnt be dropping over 1k because they dont want to be like the next guy....

Theyre fast and fun, take a local driving course and be safe. Stay your distance and actually yes speed ahead of others so youre by yourself. Obviously slow down when your clear.

That was my girl last season Im aware I didn't have my flushmounts and integrated tails installed then
Quote:
Id say go 600. Everyone says itll be to big and shouldnt start off with it. More like no. A 250 is so slow and youll learn to ride within a day of going out and doing it. As soon as you become comfortable you begin to go faster and faster. And you cant really in a 250. So go to a 600. And you can stay there for so long if you want. I like them, theyre light and comfortable.
This advice is 100% ****. This is the kind of mentality that needs to GO AWAY because it is very misleading.

Just because you can make it stop and go and cruise down to the local 7-11 doesn't mean you can ****ing ride.

Nice bike.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 03-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM #51
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
If you think you're getting everything possible out of a 250 after a few days, then you have no idea what you're doing.
BunkerNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 PM #52
cynicalrider
robert paulson

But guys he has an r6 he has to know what he's talking about...

Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM #53
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
I didn't even notice the crashed doing wheelies part.
BunkerNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 PM #54
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
i saw man up and get an r6 or gixxer . you will get bored of these ***** *** ninja 250s within a week of riding.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 PM #55
iRoNiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik
i saw man up and get an r6 or gixxer . you will get bored of these ***** *** ninja 250s within a week of riding.
That's retarded. Buy the new Busa you'll save money in the long run.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM #56
pink04teletubbie
I <3 Boobies

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
thats what i've heard. Dying at 19 is alot cheaper than living til 70

DD. Not just my girl's bra size
pink04teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 PM #57
$horT_$trokE
Resident Elbow Dragger

$horT_$trokE is a founding member
Quote:
Id say go 600. Everyone says itll be to big and shouldnt start off with it. More like no. A 250 is so slow and youll learn to ride within a day of going out and doing it. As soon as you become comfortable you begin to go faster and faster. And you cant really in a 250. So go to a 600. And you can stay there for so long if you want. I like them, theyre light and comfortable. Ive riden my buddies r1, stretched zx10r and all the 600's seem very nice and even. Give or take Ive never riden a 750 and want to badly. I like to stunt here and there but I love leaning and turning more than anything
$horT_$trokE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 PM #58
cynicalrider
robert paulson

A wild Short Stroke appears!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:47 PM #59
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Out of the wood work too chastise the street squids.

The short stroke will occasionally do this, and then disappear into seclusion once again...
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM #60
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

bikes are fun but i dont regret selling mine. cars are more fun to me. but the op said he cant afford a sports car so yeah get a bike.
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM #61
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
even better plus the busa will get you more looks. maybe pick up a used r1 if you cant afford the busa

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM #62
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3 View Post
bikes are fun but i dont regret selling mine. cars are more fun to me. but the op said he cant afford a sports car so yeah get a bike.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM #63
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote