PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 06-30-2012, 11:10 PM #1072
Sgrrsh26

Sgrrsh26 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sgrrsh26 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thats really stopping me from buying these things. The whole mask is perfect but that black strip just seems like it would distract me too much. Maybe Ill just try to sew some cloth into my proflex ears. bummer.
Sgrrsh26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 PM #1073
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
The black line in the thermal lens isn't what bothered me it was the space near the nose that wasn't covered. But its not something you'd notice while playing. Try one on and see what you think
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:36 PM #1074
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The nose bridge and lens with the thermal foam is the same as it was on the E-Vents. It was designed with a larger nose area originally to stop it pinching and help everyone breathe as freely as possible.

It does close off a little of your vision if you are trying to see your finger touch your nose, but when you look out at your opponents and what you are doing I believe you won't notice it. Again ask people that have used the previous line of goggles and that have been using the E-Flex's so far.

The Ninja is really dark. It's great if you are outside on a bright sunny day (actually came up with it because of playing speedball in Texas), but if you are ever going to play in the woods or in lower light conditions I would go with the normal smoke lens.
When is empire going to offer a lens that offers UV protection so I stop destroying my vision using a dark lens with no UV protection? It's irresponsible to sell dark lenses that don't block 99% of UV. There's a reason sunglasses have to block UV..

Also, really liked my eflex until a few hours into wearing it my soft ear hardware started to fall apart. Whole mask feels like its got worse tolerances than my events had. Everything fits together kind of subpar for a $110 mask.. Maybe I'm being overly critical. Maybe I'm just bitter about the soft ear problem. I really do love them besides the cheap feel and ear issue.. Big improvement over the events.. Almost 0 echo.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM #1075
VIP3R
Arizona Paintball

VIP3R is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
When is empire going to offer a lens that offers UV protection so I stop destroying my vision using a dark lens with no UV protection? It's irresponsible to sell dark lenses that don't block 99% of UV. There's a reason sunglasses have to block UV..

Also, really liked my eflex until a few hours into wearing it my soft ear hardware started to fall apart. Whole mask feels like its got worse tolerances than my events had. Everything fits together kind of subpar for a $110 mask.. Maybe I'm being overly critical. Maybe I'm just bitter about the soft ear problem. I really do love them besides the cheap feel and ear issue.. Big improvement over the events.. Almost 0 echo.
Uh oh, now you have me worried to play in mine =/
VIP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:18 PM #1076
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:

Do you really have a clue about UV protection or are you trying to be funny?
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 PM #1077
XKE

Quote:
When is empire going to offer a lens that offers UV protection?
I brought this up with Simon before. He said this was something that he had pushed for previously, but no one was really on board.

James Butts fan club #1-100
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 PM #1078
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
Quote:
I got a better one, when will Empire make lenses that is bulletproof like Grillz. Im sick of playing paintball and someone gets a Tippmann mixed up with a .22 and not having proper protection to protect my eyes....

Utica Coalition
Henrietta Headshot Milita

Gearbag Sale, Lots of Random stuff you don't want....you need!
cbomber220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 AM #1079
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomber220 View Post
I got a better one, when will Empire make lenses that is bulletproof like Grillz. Im sick of playing paintball and someone gets a Tippmann mixed up with a .22 and not having proper protection to protect my eyes....
Grills aren't bulletproof either.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 AM #1080
tyskidmore3
Thats not my name

tyskidmore3 plays in the PSP
tyskidmore3 helped look for balloons
tyskidmore3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
tyskidmore3 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrrsh26 View Post
thats really stopping me from buying these things. The whole mask is perfect but that black strip just seems like it would distract me too much. Maybe Ill just try to sew some cloth into my proflex ears. bummer.
You have to look for it to notice it. When your playing you'll never notice it.
Exalt, Virtue Spire,Pbnation
Diamond Hill Paintball Park
tyskidmore3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:22 AM #1081
sh4d0vv

sh4d0vv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Where can you buy lenses for these?
E-Flexes White
sh4d0vv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM #1082
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

Annual Supporting Member
jmorisaki is a Mega Moderator
jmorisaki is BST Legit
jmorisaki donated to help Peyton Trent
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
jmorisaki is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
jmorisaki is Immortal
Any empire events lens will fit. So pretty much anywhere.
jmorisaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 AM #1083
sh4d0vv

Awesome. Thanks
E-Flexes White
sh4d0vv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 AM #1084
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

UV protection is a fair point.

You squint in bright light because it hurts your eyes, but the dark lens stops you squinting and lets your iris open up. The problem is that the lens blocks no UV meaning that way more UV is getting into your eyes than ever would if you weren't wearing the lens since you don't feel like it's bright.

That's why glasses companies are required to UV proof their lenses - dark glasses without it start making you blind after a while because your retinas literally get sunburned, and they don't heal.

I'm amazed if it's true that empire lenses aren't UV proof. That's a massive oversight and they need to get their stuff together. I'll be avoiding their lenses and gear til they do. Dye lenses are UV proof so far as I know.

Last edited by vijil : 07-02-2012 at 07:28 AM.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM #1085
randomdean

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
I'm amazed if it's true that empire lenses aren't UV proof. That's a massive oversight and they need to get their stuff together. I'll be avoiding their lenses and gear til they do. Dye lenses are UV proof so far as I know.
No such thing as UV "proof", just highly resistant.
randomdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 AM #1086
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

Annual Supporting Member
I played with the E-Flex all weekend. Not once did I say to myself, "Self, I wish that black line was not there..."...

It's a non issue, really. If people are complaining about it, it's becuase they want something to complain about....People would ***** if they won the lottery because they had to pay taxes ...

I hate paintballers sometimes...Bunch of prima dona's...
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 AM #1087
old68
Cool Beans

old68 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
I brought this up with Simon before. He said this was something that he had pushed for previously, but no one was really on board.
I'm guessing the lenses are polycarbonate, so they should block most UV. But thats just my guess. I will switch to something else that is known to protect though, to see if I notice a difference.

black v3 rotor -- gearbag -- jerseys -- old feedback 12/0/0
old68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 AM #1088
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
When is empire going to offer a lens that offers UV protection so I stop destroying my vision using a dark lens with no UV protection?
From World Cup 2007.

The Vents lenses have always been specc'd as having UV protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
I believe you are mistaken and that conversation was about polarized lenses. I had prototype polarized lenses before the goggle was released, but no-one was able to justify the cost at that time to put them into production.
Simon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM #1089
ollytheosteo

ollytheosteo is a Supporting Member
ollytheosteo supports Bob Gurnsey
I was able to try a pair of these at the Basildon Millenium this weekend...all I can say is HURRY UP AND TAKE MY MONEY Light, comfy as hell, great field of view and the classic flex faceplate that no one else offers. I will probably get a couple of pairs when they become available and they'll last me out of the game, please send many many pairs to the UK ASAP

Oh and edit; no black lines. I do love the way some people on here seem to spend all their time coming up with possible problems with new products instead of looking or trying them in person first...
Old 07-02-2012, 10:52 AM #1090
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollytheosteo View Post

Oh and edit; no black lines. I do love the way some people on here seem to spend all their time coming up with possible problems with new products instead of looking or trying them in person first...
Those complaints are coming from people who own them.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM #1091
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
From World Cup 2007.

The Vents lenses have always been specc'd as having UV protection.

I believe you are mistaken and that conversation was about polarized lenses. I had prototype polarized lenses before the goggle was released, but no-one was able to justify the cost at that time to put them into production.
My mistake then. I was under the impression that Vents lenses did not block UV, as the Spectra lenses did not, and I remember reading somewhere that empire lenses in general did not block UV.

I'm definitely pleased to hear that they do in fact block UV, as I really need a dark lens, and I'm tired of using my custom tinted flex lens (that obviously won't work in an eflex) that's currently in my ref mask.

Time to order a ninja lens and see how the soft ears hold up to more abuse since being reassembled.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 AM #1092
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Those complaints are coming from people who own them.
I have them as does my entire team. None of us complain about the black line. The only way I have ever even noticed it was if I put it on just to see what some people are complaining about. You pretty much have to be look for it.

Last edited by TheBoss33 : 07-02-2012 at 02:42 PM.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.