Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2012, 11:11 AM #1
(NMA)SixSigma

what is best chronograph for 9.0 and lapco barrel

I have my gun chronoed at 280 and It seems like its shooting too hot. I have i think a 14" lapco barrel and I keeps chopping balls or shooting curve balls. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also, When I pull the trigger multipul times it doubble clutches, or "burps" and that contributes to balls being chopped. Im going to take it apart tonight and give it a thouro cleaning. anyone else have problems like this? I mean I want to at least be able to shoot a 3 rd burst without it chopping balls, IMO thats just a ****ty marker if it cant do that
Commandment #1: I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will ALWAYS lead you from the front, not the rear.
-Marcinko
(NMA)SixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 AM #2
voodooaddict
Limited Paint Play Zealot

voodooaddict is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by (NMA)SixSigma View Post
I have my gun chronoed at 280 and It seems like its shooting too hot. I have i think a 14" lapco barrel and I keeps chopping balls or shooting curve balls. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Also, When I pull the trigger multipul times it doubble clutches, or "burps" and that contributes to balls being chopped. Im going to take it apart tonight and give it a thouro cleaning. anyone else have problems like this? I mean I want to at least be able to shoot a 3 rd burst without it chopping balls, IMO thats just a ****ty marker if it cant do that
It's a 9.0?

Is it used? Has it just started to burp? or has it always done so?

"burps" or double fires are often due to a problem in the trigger/sear group. Check to make sure that none of the components are cracked or chipped. And make sure they can move smoothly (i.e. are clean and with a very light coat of oil).

It could also be damage on the rubber bumper that sits behind the bolt. Or the bumper could be missing.

-------

As to the velocity of only 280 causing strange wingers, it sounds more like old dimpled paint as 280fps shouldn't cause any strange behavior in the paint.

----

Another possibility for chops when magazine fed is double feeds due to the paint being too small for the detents. You can slightly bend the detents so they will better hold the small paint.

Chops via hopper feed I con't help you there, I refuse to run these great mag feed markers that way, so my assistance is just passing on of info I've heard from others.
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
voodooaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 AM #3
(NMA)SixSigma

hey great write up.....to answer your questions first....yes I bought the gun used. and yes it has just started "burping"

heres what I did last night,

tore my gun down and it was was super gooed up on the inside, the spring actually was held in place by the massive amount of crud in the chamber. after cleaning it, and oiling the SH** out of it, I realized there are more moving parts than first realized!

another thing I noticed, is that the feed neck has a sharp edge that protrudes into the firing chamber, not sure if this is causing any hang ups, but Im going to shave it down just to be safe.

the detent theory, that is a valid theory, do you know any manufactures that sell Rubber detents for our gun? the metal ones that I have are pretty rusted up, but I will try bending them slightly, possibly sand them with 1000 grit to polish off the rust see if that makes a difference

did not notice any cracks in the trigger assembly, everything there is functioning as it should. Im going to put a few rounds through it tonight w the stock barrel see if all it needed was a good cleaning then Ill let you know.

also it has a variation in chrono readings, and I had a local pb tech tell me that it could be the bore size of the barrel thats causing a variation in reading due to air escaping through the sides....I will also let you know the bore size of my barrel. if im not mistaken it may be a .690
Commandment #1: I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will ALWAYS lead you from the front, not the rear.
-Marcinko
Old 03-06-2012, 11:23 AM #4
(NMA)SixSigma

wow I was mistaken its a .686 Idk to me that seems like such a small bore, do you think that this could also be a factor in breaking balls?

also voodoo thanks for responding to my other post about the gun not firing after re-assembly. I havent had time to tear it apart again, but If I have any hang ups ill let you know. We should request that page become a sticky, if you could post pics about what you are talking about that would be emmencely helpful not just to me but aparently a lot of t9 owners
-Marcinko