"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM #947
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Go the extra mile and try to work in some high intensity stuff. I've kind of slacked on cardio lately because I switched gyms (old one had an indoor track), but set up two cardio days week for a few weeks to run a mile as fast as you can, each day. Try and beat your PR every time.

Or not.
i do liss cardio at least twice a week, sometimes i will be able to sneak a 3rd one in there. i normally do it on the bicycle too

i'd like to eventually get on the treadmill and run some, but im in no hurry, being an ex fat kid, running just is not my thing

thanks for the suggestions tho homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
Or you could do High Intensity Interval Training which is more efficient at body recomposition, and fat oxidation due to the EPOC effect.
i havent started hiit yet, i will eventually be doing it. eventually i'd like to be doing liss twice a week, and hiit once a week. i was told to give hiit its own session but i am a little confused how to do this. should i do it fasted? (i have bcaas to work with currently) or would it be better to break my fast with my mainly protein meal, wait an hour or so then go do some hiit?

or am i just over thinking this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post
Or get better genetics and don't do any cardio
for me personally, its not cutting without some kind of cardio

idgaf what kevin says or does
lol, not an option
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 PM #948
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post

i havent started hiit yet, i will eventually be doing it. eventually i'd like to be doing liss twice a week, and hiit once a week. i was told to give hiit its own session but i am a little confused how to do this. should i do it fasted? (i have bcaas to work with currently) or would it be better to break my fast with my mainly protein meal, wait an hour or so then go do some hiit?

or am i just over thinking this?
You're over thinking it, for the most part. Don't do it fasted. Eat a small meal before. Either dedicate a gym session to it, or perform it after your workout. 20-30minutes of 1:1 or 1:2 intervals should suffice.

Genetics.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM #949
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
Or you could do High Intensity Interval Training which is more efficient at body recomposition, and fat oxidation due to the EPOC effect.
Word. I've just always felt greater satisfaction improving pr's w/ running miles, than interval sprints. Plus, runners high is Doing both is

You think they would yield next to the same results, SW? Running a 6 min mile, vs. interval sprints?

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM #950
FHS JewFro
black AND white

will be dedicating a gym session to hiit

in the fall i was doing, 30 sec going hard (90ish rpm), 1 min rest(60ish rpm), 30 sec hard, 1 min rest, and so on. this was on the elliptical.

sound about right?
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 04-18-2012, 01:33 PM #951
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Dat dere jump rope HIIT
Old 04-18-2012, 01:35 PM #952
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds pretty decent, although I always did running, 30 seconds hard, 30 seconds off. 1 minute = 1 "rep". When I did it, I would do 8 total weeks, ramping up from 8 reps a week to 16 reps a week. Felt pretty awesome, also leaned me out a lot.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 PM #953
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
will be dedicating a gym session to hiit

in the fall i was doing, 30 sec going hard (90ish rpm), 1 min rest(60ish rpm), 30 sec hard, 1 min rest, and so on. this was on the elliptical.

sound about right?
Go by and check heart rate. I'm ignorant on exact cardio intensities. I just run my heart out with a mile or sprints, hit 180 bpm, lose ability to breathe (asthma), and feel awesome afterwards. I figure I can't go wrong. I need to work on stamina now.

Ellipticals can get you worked, but try 20 mins on a stairclimber at maximum. You sweat bullets.

"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 04-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 PM #954
CobraXX
Klasic

I'll incorporate cardio a couple weeks into my cut. Doing LG right now while slowly changing from around 350c/200p/90f to 150c/300p/70f. Once I hit those macros, I'll start incorporating 1 HIIT, and 1 LISS session per week. Probably continue that for about 3-4 weeks then start bulking again.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 PM #955
FHS JewFro
black AND white

i check my heart rate while doing liss, i keep it between 130-150 the whole time

will probably have to look up heart rate ranges for hiit

and on the stair climber note, ill prolly throw these in there somehow a few times this summer

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM #956
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

130-150 is a solid range for a sustained session. 180 is maximum for a short, high intensity session.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM #957
theDJ
puzzling

pick heavy **** up and move it, that usually makes me sweat
Old 04-18-2012, 02:39 PM #958
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
Running is gay

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM #959
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Running ruins your knees and causes heart attacks.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:04 PM #960
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Running ruins your knees and causes heart attacks.

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 04-18-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:09 PM #961
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Lol, running kills bro.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:10 PM #962
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

I accept and support social darwinism.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 PM #963
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i snapped the cable machine today. it was awesome except that i was only using 35 lbs so it wasnt awesome really.

smith shoulder press
cable lat raises
seated side raises
rear delt raises
shrugs

incline bench db curls
standing db curls
spider curls

smith close grip bench
cable pushdown
DB seated thing
Old 04-18-2012, 05:26 PM #964
Culture Evil
Termocycler

Annual Supporting Member
Culture Evil is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Anyone here do calves on the leg press?
i do them on the smith ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXX View Post
Or get better genetics and don't do any cardio
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM #965
hsilman
Disgustipated

mixed bag today

Bench 195 1,3 185x4
Lat pulldown 160 3x6
Deadlift 350 3x4

I honestly don't know what happened with the bench. Just didn't feel tight at all, and didn't have any power. Could be cause of the hour of yoga I did yesterday, definitely felt it in my shoulders. I'm gonna take 10% off and make another run at it. I'm hoping 175 feels easy and I'll bump it up as I go next time around.

Also held off on incline DB because my arms and shoulders felt shot from failing the bench twice. Still getting stronger so I'm not complaining, but I'm not happy lol
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 PM #966
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Feel out the ME bench next time starting at 185 instead of straight across. Change up the volume work slightly - try 10 sets of triples at the same weight, explosively, with bands. Just to mix it up. Then return to normal.
Closed Thread