Community Focus

Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 PM #232
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
What is going on in Italy? Are they serious?
?

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 PM #233
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

The youth coaches these days are absolute garbage.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:42 PM #234
GIZMO8Z
(|||+)

GIZMO8Z is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
So... Barca has set plays drawn up with diving in mind?

Corner kick. Puyol sets a pick on Nesta, Busquets dives, Ref calls PK. Messi Scores... God, I hate Barca... they whine and dive so much!

Robin Hood(100% Positive Feedback(Old Format))
GIZMO8Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:20 PM #235
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
The youth coaches these days are absolute garbage.
Yea? Based on what evidence?

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 PM #236
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Barca win on a pair of penalties? I've said all along that Barca are the scum of the football world. Most disgusting successful team ever, as Drogs would say.... ****ing - Disgrace!!!
nePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM #237
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Said it on the book of faces, but I will say it here too. What would happen if Barcelona was found to be at the middle of a match fixing scandal?

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM #238
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by osckey123 View Post
?
More match fixing nonsense.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM #239
GIZMO8Z
(|||+)

GIZMO8Z is a Supporting Member
Ibra is a pretty good singer!

Robin Hood(100% Positive Feedback(Old Format))
GIZMO8Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 PM #240
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

Quote:
Said it on the book of faces, but I will say it here too. What would happen if Barcelona was found to be at the middle of a match fixing scandal?
I have wondered the same thing, you're not alone.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM #241
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Yea? Based on what evidence?
The vast majority of coaching for soccer in the U.S is sub-par and you know it. Any coach who knows what they are doing is at a well distinguished club or is in an academy system. These coaches need to be spread wider to increase the over ALL talent.

51st Orca Street Hustlers
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 PM #242
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA View Post
The vast majority of coaching for soccer in the U.S is sub-par and you know it. Any coach who knows what they are doing is at a well distinguished club or is in an academy system. These coaches need to be spread wider to increase the over ALL talent.
Again, what evidence do you have?

I find it extremely amusing how you have essentially lumped all youth coaching into the ****ty unless you are at a big club or academy category. Especially considering that your breadth of experience is rather limited.

All of that aside. How do you fault coaching over the US pay to play system? How do you fault coaching over the multi-sport identity of the US?

How about an easy one for you, what defines a good coach? Specifically, what is the par you speak of and who represents it?

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 12:01 AM #243
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

Quote:
Again, what evidence do you have?

I find it extremely amusing how you have essentially lumped all youth coaching into the ****ty unless you are at a big club or academy category. Especially considering that your breadth of experience is rather limited.

All of that aside. How do you fault coaching over the US pay to play system? How do you fault coaching over the multi-sport identity of the US?

How about an easy one for you, what defines a good coach? Specifically, what is the par you speak of and who represents it?

You are kidding me right? I have played for traveling clubs since age 10 and I can definitely tell you each region has different levels of coaches. Simply go to an academy tournament and this is blatantly obvious...

I also never said all coaches were bad. What I am trying to get across is that the overall standard is set lower than other sports in the U.S. A true coach for soccer understands the fact that not every player needs to be a true "athlete". The true players are the ones who use their head instead of physicality. They also realize that a game is not "RUN RUN RUN RUN" and practice is not "RUN RUN RUN AND EXCERCIIIIIIIIISE". The American football mentality rules some coaches. If a coach truly understands soccer he will realize that foot skills at a young age are key and that developing that is far more important than physical development...

I think you are mistaking what I'm trying to say; in no way am I crucifying coaches, but I am claiming that the lack of top tier coaches is hurting the growth of the youth in this country...

Last edited by SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA : 04-04-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 AM #244
osckey123
Definition of Class

osckey123 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
osckey123 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Aren't you a coach adjx?

God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called
QUE VIVA ESPANA! LOS CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO DESDE 7/11/2010!
"Originally posted by xfactor6911: How dare you question my ****ing knowing of naval submarines."
osckey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:55 AM #245
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osckey123
Aren't you a coach adjx?
He is and that is why he is taking offense I think. I'm not insulting all coaches as I have had some who have made me a better player.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 AM #246
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
You are kidding me right? I have played for traveling clubs since age 10 and I can definitely tell you each region has different levels of coaches. Simply go to an academy tournament and this is blatantly obvious...

I also never said all coaches were bad. What I am trying to get across is that the overall standard is set lower than other sports in the U.S. A true coach for soccer understands the fact that not every player needs to be a true "athlete". The true players are the ones who use their head instead of physicality. They also realize that a game is not "RUN RUN RUN RUN" and practice is not "RUN RUN RUN AND EXCERCIIIIIIIIISE". The American football mentality rules some coaches. If a coach truly understands soccer he will realize that foot skills at a young age are key and that developing that is far more important than physical development...

I think you are mistaking what I'm trying to say; in no way am I crucifying coaches, but I am claiming that the lack of top tier coaches is hurting the growth of the youth in this country...
"The vast majority of coaching for soccer in the U.S is sub-par and you know it."

does not equal

"the lack of top tier coaches is hurting the growth of the youth in this country"

Again, your perspective is a bit skewed.

I have only been coaching for about 6 years. I do not have a high level playing background and as a result lack many connections that come with being a marquee name. What I do have is a passion for the game and a passion for knowledge to understand the game. By understanding the game, I can help steer my kids in the right direction towards developing their soccer skills.

Since I am young and don't have a marquee name, I am tasked with the most difficult teams. My teams are often 50% fresh from recreational or no soccer background. 50% is the average because I push players up to the next team over the course of a season.

I also lose, in fact I lose more than I'd like. But I lose trying to play a certain style of soccer. I could easily get wins playing direct, but I feel that development takes far more precedence over winning.

So now the issue is, what do parents really notice when looking at me from the outside? My win/loss/tie ratio isn't the greatest. My development numbers are however good. Pretending you are a parent ready to shell out $1,500.00 for your kid to play, are you going to put your kid on a team where the coach has a winning record or will you put your kid on a team where the coach emphasizes skill development?

Then take that one step further. As a Director of coaching, who would you look to put on the highest level teams? Someone who wins a lot, or someone who puts more emphasis on development.

Now according to your statements, I am a subpar coach since I don't work at a true academy. But if I am developing players from one bracket of competition up to the next, what does that mean?

Of course I could throw all my ideals out the window and play direct and capitalize on the other team making mistakes, but I would much rather lose until my kids start to "get it" and start playing pretty soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osckey123 View Post
Aren't you a coach adjx?
Yep, which is why I am so curious to hear about why coaches in the US are subpar.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 AM #247
custar

Quote:
Pretending you are a parent ready to shell out $1,500.00 for your kid to play, are you going to put your kid on a team where the coach has a winning record or will you put your kid on a team where the coach emphasizes skill development?
A lot of parents do not understand the difference, including an unfortunate number of parents of kids who belong on developmental teams (for the time being).

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 AM #248
ajdx1000
GnarKill

And that is exactly the problem. Pay to play puts too much of an emphasis on winning. Some parents get it, most equate winning with development. That was why I mentioned the Cosmos team, 18 9 year olds on a team that travels with 13-14 for an 8v8 game. The kids definitely benefit from practicing with other good kids, but what do they really get if they are not playing games to learn how to perform their skills under pressure?

For the record I work with little pre-teens. I also coach varsity at high school but that is a completely different set of issues.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 AM #249
SwEeT HoMe AlAbAmA
Darwin is watching you.

Quote:
And that is exactly the problem. Pay to play puts too much of an emphasis on winning. Some parents get it, most equate winning with development. That was why I mentioned the Cosmos team, 18 9 year olds on a team that travels with 13-14 for an 8v8 game. The kids definitely benefit from practicing with other good kids, but what do they really get if they are not playing games to learn how to perform their skills under pressure?

For the record I work with little pre-teens. I also coach varsity at high school but that is a completely different set of issues.
I specifically said that at a young age skill development is key, which would make you a good coach??

If you DEVELOPE KIDS IN SOCCER SKILLS then you ARE a good coach. I said the majority of those coaches are at academys. To be honest AVB does not have a playing back ground yet he is a good manager (shut up Charlie), but better yet Mourinho barely played and is THE best manager. I am begenning to think I am struggling at getting my point across...

Old 04-04-2012, 12:28 PM #250
ajdx1000
GnarKill

Quote:
I specifically said that at a young age skill development is key, which would make you a good coach??

If you DEVELOPE KIDS IN SOCCER SKILLS then you ARE a good coach. I said the majority of those coaches are at academys. To be honest AVB does not have a playing back ground yet he is a good manager (shut up Charlie), but better yet Mourinho barely played and is THE best manager. I am begenning to think I am struggling at getting my point across...
Your point doesn't make sense. You are focusing on coaches instead of the system.

Not every coach is like me and scours the internet to find out how FAs or clubs in different countries train. And quite frankly US Soccer doesn't do well at coaching education.
A typical D,C,B,A license course is focused more on executing a training session under US Soccer guidelines than it does on teaching the game.
They expect you to come in with the knowledge already which kind of defeats the purpose of the courses beyond getting a piece of paper.

Not every kid lives the sport. This in turn affects the level of training that can be offered because their football IQ simply isn't that advanced. In other countries, football is it. They watch it, they play it, they live it. In the US it may appear coaching is subpar when it is more a reflection of the status of the sport in the country.

Without going too far into it, your statement that the best coaches are at academies is flawed. I know plenty of coaches personally that are phenomenal but do not work in academies. In fact I know of academy coaches who are not great but are there because of their personal connections.

This is why I asked for evidence on what your idea of a good coach is, what your par is, and why you believe the vast majority are underneath that level.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 04-04-2012, 03:40 PM #251
JohnnyBananas

Semisssssss. Barca is going to be fun.

Last edited by JohnnyBananas : 04-04-2012 at 03:46 PM.
JohnnyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM #252
nePhantom
I love my Cheese

For the first time... EVER.... I'll be cheering for Chelsea.....