PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 AM #295
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe View Post
Nascar as a whole has had governing body issues for a long long time.
It been been downhill and picking up speed since Dale died.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 AM #296
spyder20
the magical mystery kind

has been a member for 10 years
spyder20 plays in the APPA D3 division
Damn technology
spyder20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 AM #297
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
what it does is takes sponsorship and rides away from young guys and small teams..

there was a time when the nationwide series had a full field of regular nation wide drivers no cup guys at all and only at really special races would you see 1-2 cup drives (usually sr or mark martin) then all of a sudden you got a sea of cup drivers racing nationwide and a majority of the normal nation wide teams folded up and were replaced by cup teams or cup drivers were given the rides of nation wide drivers.

i remember one race where gibbs took his driver out of the car half way through the race (while the kid was leading like his second race ever in nationwide) to put denny hamillin in the car so hamillin could get the win.
I remember when it was the Busch series, I hardly saw any cup drivers and like you said, it was only at the major races like Daytona. Now, there are easily 5 drivers from the cup each week who typically dominate. Keselowski, Busch, and Logano were all running 1-3 yesterday with 20 laps to go.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 PM #298
BodyCount81 v2

Dont know if they're going to go back racing or not but Jr. is sitting in 3rd so I'll be happy. And Kyle Busch isnt leading so that's a plus as well.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:13 PM #299
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
I remember when it was the Busch series, I hardly saw any cup drivers and like you said, it was only at the major races like Daytona. Now, there are easily 5 drivers from the cup each week who typically dominate. Keselowski, Busch, and Logano were all running 1-3 yesterday with 20 laps to go.
i've seen races where 20+ cars were cup drivers, tell me how that helps the series at all..
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 PM #300
BodyCount81 v2

Really? that is ridiculous........who won the race?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 PM #301
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Smoke.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM #302
BodyCount81 v2

Was it cancelled due to the rain? Last I checked it was stopped around 130 or 140 and it was him, then Busch, Jr. and I don't know who after that.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 AM #303
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah it rained.

it helped johnson he was blowing up
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 AM #304
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Trudat.

Whats gay is we have 1 cool track (texas) left before Dega. At last there is two night caps.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 AM #305
BodyCount81 v2

You don't like Martinsville? I wanted to go to the Texas one, but might be to busy and don't want to spend the cash.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM #306
HarleyR62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
what it does is takes sponsorship and rides away from young guys and small teams..

there was a time when the nationwide series had a full field of regular nation wide drivers no cup guys at all and only at really special races would you see 1-2 cup drives (usually sr or mark martin) then all of a sudden you got a sea of cup drivers racing nationwide and a majority of the normal nation wide teams folded up and were replaced by cup teams or cup drivers were given the rides of nation wide drivers.

i remember one race where gibbs took his driver out of the car half way through the race (while the kid was leading like his second race ever in nationwide) to put denny hamillin in the car so hamillin could get the win.
Selling sponsorships in any NASCAR series is very very tough right now.. partly due to the slow economy and partly due to the dwindling lack of interest in the sport...To see a single sponsor on a car for a full season is a rare sight... My team has 3 primary sponsors for a Nationwide Schedule... As much as I dislike the cup drivers dropping down a series I see it as a blessing in disguise...simply because the sponsors want a cup driver or nobody at all..they very rarely want to risk millions of dollars on an unproven rookie and its sad to see because there are a lot of young kids out there who deserve a shot in the seat... and there are some who have ben riding around for awhile taking up a good seat.. You mentioned when Gibbs pulled a kid out of a car so Hamiln could take over... That happened at Milwaukee circa 04-06... That kid was Aric Almorola..And in the record book he's listed as the winner but due to Sponsor requirements..(Rockwell Automation) he was pulled out..The biggest Mistake NASCAR Made is making the Nationwide COT Pretty much identical chassis wise to the cup car... aside from less hp and bump stops many things carry over and the large teams can justify running nationwide teams...
HarleyR62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 PM #307
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 v2 View Post
You don't like Martinsville? I wanted to go to the Texas one, but might be to busy and don't want to spend the cash.

Not my favorite short track, no. Bristol rocks, Martinsville is cool because its a ton of beating on each other, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Charlotte clones and Dega/Daytona. I HATE all the D tracks that have been popping up. Michigan was awesome when it was a commodity, but now I feel like every other week we have one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyR62 View Post
Selling sponsorships in any NASCAR series is very very tough right now.. partly due to the slow economy and partly due to the dwindling lack of interest in the sport...To see a single sponsor on a car for a full season is a rare sight... My team has 3 primary sponsors for a Nationwide Schedule... As much as I dislike the cup drivers dropping down a series I see it as a blessing in disguise...simply because the sponsors want a cup driver or nobody at all..they very rarely want to risk millions of dollars on an unproven rookie and its sad to see because there are a lot of young kids out there who deserve a shot in the seat... and there are some who have ben riding around for awhile taking up a good seat.. You mentioned when Gibbs pulled a kid out of a car so Hamiln could take over... That happened at Milwaukee circa 04-06... That kid was Aric Almorola..And in the record book he's listed as the winner but due to Sponsor requirements..(Rockwell Automation) he was pulled out..The biggest Mistake NASCAR Made is making the Nationwide COT Pretty much identical chassis wise to the cup car... aside from less hp and bump stops many things carry over and the large teams can justify running nationwide teams...

True. I wish the sport was still growing at the pace it was over the 90s. It makes me sad to see the backstretch at Daytona under tarps.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 PM #308
BodyCount81 v2

Quote:
Not my favorite short track, no. Bristol rocks, Martinsville is cool because its a ton of beating on each other, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Charlotte clones and Dega/Daytona. I HATE all the D tracks that have been popping up. Michigan was awesome when it was a commodity, but now I feel like every other week we have one of those.

True. I wish the sport was still growing at the pace it was over the 90s. It makes me sad to see the backstretch at Daytona under tarps.
I love Martinsville because of all the beating and banging. I actually wish there was more of that at the smaller tracks like there was back in the day. But now anytime someone even gets within inches of another driver they retaliate by spinning them out intentionally.

And whattttt? Tarps at Daytona? A few years ago when I was going, Texas usually had a good sized crowd. I've been on the front stretch as well as the back stretch and both seemed to be pretty well seated.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 PM #309
BodyCount81 v2

Quote:
That makes sense. I have seen less and less of sponsors for the entire season. It seems like every week or every other week some of the drivers are alternating through different sponsors. A few years ago, most of the time they would run the same sponsor and same paint scheme with a few exceptions. And a lot of times with those, it wouldn't be a sponsor change but rather an advertisement for a movie or just a different paint scheme for the bigger races like Daytona or the All Star race.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 PM #310
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I love Martinsville because of all the beating and banging. I actually wish there was more of that at the smaller tracks like there was back in the day. But now anytime someone even gets within inches of another driver they retaliate by spinning them out intentionally.

And whattttt? Tarps at Daytona? A few years ago when I was going, Texas usually had a good sized crowd. I've been on the front stretch as well as the back stretch and both seemed to be pretty well seated.

I miss rockingham and wilksboro. And yea, I think it was last year for the 400 in July the entire back stretch was tarped over.

Quote:
That makes sense. I have seen less and less of sponsors for the entire season. It seems like every week or every other week some of the drivers are alternating through different sponsors. A few years ago, most of the time they would run the same sponsor and same paint scheme with a few exceptions. And a lot of times with those, it wouldn't be a sponsor change but rather an advertisement for a movie or just a different paint scheme for the bigger races like Daytona or the All Star race.

I remember when different paint jobs were cool, like when Sr. ran that Coors light silver car at the All Star race in like 96 or whatever it was.

Also, Gordon should bring back this:

Jr needs to run this for a race:

and for ****S SAKE will somebody, PLEASE, bring these ****ing cars back!

Those two cars side by side, looked ****ing incredible together.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM #311
BodyCount81 v2

I would love for Jr. to go back to Budwesier and the the number 8. He wanted to keep that number but DEI wouldn't let him IIRC.

I remember Rockingham. What's that track called where they used to always hit the wall every race? It was a mile long and the tires would wear out very quickly? I think it's Darlington. I loved watch Craven and Busch duel it out there back in the early 2000s.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM #312
>>Empire2k11<<
2k5

>>Empire2k11<< owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
>>Empire2k11<< supports Team VICIOUS
>>Empire2k11<< posts videos on PbNation
>>Empire2k11<< supports Pev's Paintball
>>Empire2k11<< supports DLX Technology
Quote:

and for ****S SAKE will somebody, PLEASE, bring these ****ing cars back!

THIS SO BAD
#3 Dale Earnhardt
Minnesota Vikings
Originally Posted by ProjectJanus:
I would drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie.
>>Empire2k11<< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:08 PM #313
BodyCount81 v2

Another thing I would like to see them change, is the model of the car. I think they should go with the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang instead of the Charger, Impala, and Fusion. Toyota will have to stick with the Camry lol. It's not that big of a deal, but I like the look of the nationwide Challenger a lot.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM #314
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I would love for Jr. to go back to Budwesier and the the number 8. He wanted to keep that number but DEI wouldn't let him IIRC.

I remember Rockingham. What's that track called where they used to always hit the wall every race? It was a mile long and the tires would wear out very quickly? I think it's Darlington. I loved watch Craven and Busch duel it out there back in the early 2000s.
Yes, that was Darlington. Darlington is one of the most storied tracks in the sports history.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 PM #315
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:

i understand the politics, but that doesn't make it right