Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-29-2012, 07:16 PM #1
the_ocho

My Mag back from the depths.

Here is my Mag I just got in the mail today. Its been in my mothers garage since I was like 15 or 16. hasn't been gassed up since about 2004. People at work are getting into paintball since the new field opened up here in Vegas so I figured its time to bring the mag out to play. I never knew much about this thing history wise, My brother gave me it when he got out of the sport, caused me to sell my AC.

What can you all tell me about this thing?
68 Automag classic Valve and reg Lvl7 #CF56932

Last edited by the_ocho : 02-29-2012 at 07:25 PM.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM #2
hunter100

has been a member for 10 years
Theres not a lot to tell that you don't already know. Its a minimag with a right hand powerfeed. Someone (you maybe?) re-anodized the frame, rail, drop, and forgrip. Is that black forgrip on there a CO2 expansion chamber? If so, I would take it off if you use compressed air, because it isn't necessary. If you wanted to put some money into it, you could get an x-valve and a ULE main body which would lighten it up.
hunter100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 PM #3
the_ocho

yeah It was ran on co2 before hence the expansion chamber but it will be coming off as since I'm going to hpa. I don't know who did the anodizing but its a pretty good job. My plan was a ule body for sure and maybe a xvalve or a LvlX with ULT trigger in this valve...who knows gotta get out and play and see if it still holds my attention like it did years ago haha
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM #4
automagsrule
LOIC

Annual Supporting Member
ULT on/offs can be pretty hit or miss with classic valves.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 PM #5
the_ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
ULT on/offs can be pretty hit or miss with classic valves.
I was going to keep my fingers crossed.. but with my luck I should probably not even bother haha.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:18 PM #6
hellion360

You can actually more reliably replace the classic on/off with a current production RT on off for a lighter pull.

The ULT is indeed a gamble on the classic.

(I recently revitalized a classic with a ULE body and a LVL 10. Its a sweet gun)

old pbn feedback
hellion360 is offline   Reply With Quote