Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2015, 05:09 PM #1
Empire Axe, pros and cons????

Hey, I'm planning on getting a used empire axe. So I want to know the pros and cons about axes. Also what I should upgrade over time. And what I should watch out for when buying it used, like things that don't age well. Thanks!
Mihajlo525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 11-14-2015, 08:45 PM #2
Big Evil made me do it!
stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
Only cons I can think of is the mount point for the foregrip being 2 set screws and a dovetail....They are not the most efficient gun out there, but 1100 shots on a 68/4500 is all most people need - Otherwise, Axe's are machine guns.

No real excessive wear parts on a Axe, the spring can wear out after a ridiculous amount of shots. When you pick it up - make sure I t doesn't leak.

That's about it - simple maintenance, light weight, shoots fast, fully adjustable trigger - couldn't ask for too much more in a gun in the mid level range.

stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:58 PM #3
I am selling an upgraded axe in good condition if you are interested for a negotiable price, feel free to message me!
jackdanly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:26 PM #4
I would go watch the 2015 Axe pro vid on Ansgear it shows a good comparison of new and old Axes.
Holymunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:20 PM #5
My Empire Axe, "semi" full review.

It's a reliable little beast. Works great right out of the box. You don't even have to adjust anything, besides maybe the velocity when you get it. Can take a little of a beating and still work perfect. Great to let others try, specially ones that are new to the sport. Great for a loner marker. Can work in the pouring rain (Played in the early spring a few years ago, in the ending of a monsoon. Rained all day in Albany, NY, like pouring all day). Lets you slowly get into the higher end markers. Very easy to do maintenance. Macro-lineless. Doesn't break the bank too much (specially used). Customer service from manufacturer is good when it comes to getting your problem solved when it comes to your Axe. Replaceable parts are easy to get. If you don't like it later, always have the Axe+Cash option. Has some after market upgrades. Also works well with reballs, if you want to dabble into playing that or shoot them to test out shooting problem when you do happen to have an issue. Works with any high end loader. Programmable options on the stock board should give you no problem after reading the manual. Manual is digital, so you can put it on any mobile device. A number of threads on here that talk about the way to perfectly set it up and tuning it right.

Little on the heavier side than other markers. More than likely, your first upgrade will be at least a 14 inch barrel since it comes with a once piece 12 inch barrel. Detents are known to fall off sometimes when brand new (I used a tiny drop of 'Blue" Locktite on the detents when they're screwed in all the way ***Warning*** If you do apply it directly to the threads of the detents, it's okay, send it to KEE Action Sports/Empire. They will fix it). Can feel awkward for small people and awkward when holding with left hand because of the gauge, but you get used to it and surprisingly enough, don't realize it when playing. When you get paint on your foregrip, can be slippery. I solved that with using lobster claw rubber bands. Put those on the the foregrip and your slipping issue is gone. Noticed that the after market upgrades are very limited compared to a few years ago. Redline board is there and very tempting, but not needed. Works fine without it. Since the manual is digital, you don't have that physical copy that you get with other markers.

Additional Info:
For being used, you should only have to worry about is the bolt and the popit. Make sure they are in good condition. Make sure the marker cycles with no problems. The foregrip pins from the board shouldn't be bent or damaged. As for that, you shouldn't have a problem normally. If so, if they sell it to you "Used but perfectly working", it should be on the seller to see why it's not working or to make sure you're happy with it.

I believe that's everything. Hope that helps ^_^
Any other questions, glad to answer them.
ILoveHelloKitty85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:26 PM #6
Professional NERD
very good mini review!
ScottyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote