ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-25-2012, 02:33 AM #1
joelski
hey, **** you.

joelski plays in the PSP
joelski is an NCPA player
joelski plays in the APPA D4 division
I may be talking crazy... but...

Let's go back to 2008 where TPA had a 'farm' system going...

What if we did that this year? With Imperial, The Walleyes and Eminence we could but together 2 or 3 good teams. I mean I know probably no one would go for this but if we all play under the same name we could get a lot more **** done.

Just a thought.

Input?

R.I.P. TPA Redemption

G4H
Drop Zone
joelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2012, 03:38 AM #2
right-behind-you

right-behind-you is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
right-behind-you is an NCPA player
right-behind-you plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm joelski's roommate, he's drunk.
right-behind-you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:07 AM #3
-ZeRo-
#bitw

-ZeRo- plays in the PSP
-ZeRo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:15 AM #4
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

It would flake out in 2-3 months. People would be burnt out and we'd back at square one, with an even ****tier Ohio paintball scene.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:57 AM #5
yosef 13
ADT or BGV? you decide

yosef 13 plays in the PSP
yosef 13 supports Team VICIOUS
yosef 13 plays in the APPA D4 division
negative nancy^^^
yosef 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:01 PM #6
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

bignasty sns plays in the PSP
bignasty sns owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bignasty sns supports Team VICIOUS
bignasty sns is an NCPA player
bignasty sns plays in the APPA D3 division
well...I'm JTPAS' newest member.......TJ said so
bignasty sns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 PM #7
paintballa108

paintballa108 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballa108 supports our troops
paintballa108 supports DLX Technology
I could be wrong but as far as people flaking umm either way it's going to happen by the end of every season rosters diminish and teams split..with a large group at the least you will still be able to field a couple teams rather than every team struggling to find a 4th and 5th to fill in..
Old 02-25-2012, 12:59 PM #8
SBHockey13

SBHockey13 plays in the PSP
SBHockey13 plays in the APPA D2 division
Whether Joel is drunk or not, he's on to something here. I understand what TJ says about people flaking out after 2 months or so, but a lot of that has to do with no set system or structure put into place. I feel that if things were spelled out and everyone COULD, i stress this because this is a problem, COULD get on the same page a lot of good things could come from this.

The issue lies not even on the paintball field itself, it comes from basic principles off the field. If everyone of these teams that you listed could "grow up" "mature" whatever you want to call it, and i mean all of them, my team included, we could all learn a lot and grow from this. All the jealousy, bickering, egos, whos better than who, all that crap would have to go away. Everyone would have to be on the same page, pulling for each other, helping each other.

But, thats the problem, people play for their own reasons, or play for themselves, or play because its cool, and all of that, which is fine. But if we all want to play as one "family" or "organization" we all need to be friends, we all need to be teammates, no matter what banner we play under. Were no relevant enough, or even good enough at this point for all this drama and bickering to always be going on, or the team vs. team attitude. We all share the same area and the same home field and we should embrace this and take advantage of it.

What this season could potentially mean for Imperial, Eminence the Walleyes and even TPA itself is huge. The stage is set for all of us to either succeed beyond what any of us could expect, or like a lot of you keep saying, fail, disband and cease to exist. We have valuable resources available to all of, with guys like the chodes always around to help, myself, Nate Lelle, Chad Engel and Mike Gilbert. All these guys have been around paintball a LONG LONG time and know and have seen things a lot of you would never know, and thats to no fault of your own. But, the things is all of these guys are willing and WANT to help, just ask, pick their brain.

TPA as a field itself is the most valuable resource any of us have, the field is nice, MIKE is awesome, his prices are more than reasonable, he's very very flexible, he listens to our needs and wants and is willing to help whenever. You will be hard pressed to find any field, or owner who is as in touch with his player base as Mike. I know a lot of guys have had their differences with Mike over they years and what not, I know I have myself. But, its time for everyone to be men and put all the crap in the past behind us, its time for all of us in Ohio, and this area specifically, to move forward together. I tried to express this in the response i wrote to a question Tarome asked me and i think it got across to some, but i wish it would reach more.

I hate to ramble on this long, but i just hate to see all this negativity and pessimism. I just want all of us, whether its my team, the Walleyes, Eminence, or whoever plays around here to succeed and accomplish everything we all set out to do, and i know all of you want this too.
SBHockey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:12 PM #9
IMPERIAL-NATE
Tippmann Effect

IMPERIAL-NATE plays in the PSP
IMPERIAL-NATE supports Cereal Killerz 2
IMPERIAL-NATE donated to help Peyton Trent
IMPERIAL-NATE plays in the APPA D2 division
Couldn't have put it any better, Shane. Its ok to want it for yourself, but wanting it for your team, for the field, for the state, just makes it mean so much more. Let's make this area boom!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:24 PM #10
joelski
hey, **** you.

joelski plays in the PSP
joelski is an NCPA player
joelski plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by right-behind-you View Post
I'm joelski's roommate, he's drunk.
I was drunk haha but I think it would make more sense if we all got on the same page about stuff. Maybe have someone who isn't going to really play decide on who's playing what and **** that way people don't get butthurt.

I mean everyone can do their own thing but it's just an idea. We can see what we can do once the snow melts and everyone can get to TPA.

R.I.P. TPA Redemption

G4H
Drop Zone
joelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:26 PM #11
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

am I invited?
Old 02-25-2012, 03:11 PM #12
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for duplicating the good that came from '08. But I think it's a lot more than just getting along with each other. It all comes down to money at some point. There is no backing here in Ohio. Yes, TPA is an amazing resource but it doesn't matter if nobody can afford practice. People get burnt out, there is no getting passed that. If the team / organization fails it's first 2-3 events, people will begin to question the entire thing.

Why am I doing this?
Why am I working so much?
Why am I spending all of my money on this?
I'm not having fun anymore
Our team sucks
Etc, etc, etc...

Good teams are good because they have money. Please find me an example that is an exception to this rule. Even TPA had this in '08. They won $X in PHX. How do you think they would have fared had they not done that? They still ended up failing anyhow.

I do want this to happen, but we have to be realistic here.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:21 PM #13
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Money is the biggest reason I can't grind it out every weekend like I'd LOVE to.

I've been playing for about 8 months and the experience I've gotten from playing with the University of Akron guys, Kent, Imperial, Eminence, TPA and Mike, and everyone else around here has been amazing. It would be awesome to see a developed system come out of here.

I haven't been out for one day of paintball where I haven't had a good day, whether I got my *** kicked or did ok. I really don't know what I'm going to do after school, but paintball isn't one of those things I want to fade away like football.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 PM #14
SBHockey13

SBHockey13 plays in the PSP
SBHockey13 plays in the APPA D2 division
I do understand all of this completely. But, as i see it now it looks as if the teams have plenty of players on the rosters to spread costs. And yes i know and realize life happens, money is an issue and people come and go, but if there is a successful player base, and people helping each other, there is no reason that as 3-5 guys from various teams go, there are 3-5 more up and comers that we have been bringing up to fill these spots. If there is a positive environment, of helping coaching teammates and camaraderie we will bring more people to this field and to this game instead of chasing them away. If we all embrace the idea of us all as a whole rather than individuals or just single teams it makes it more productive for everyone. The situation doesnt have to be as set up as one whole organization, though it could be, where someone decides who plays where and what, i think what makes the teams we have now is their individuality, each team has something special, we just need to combine it all so everyone can share in this, and benefit from it.

Now, as for money. I understand money is scarce and there are certainly limitations. We all know coming into a season what its going to cost, and expectations are always high and yes TJ the questions you brought up are asked if there isn't immediate success. Yes TPA won phoenix in 08 right out of the gates, had they not, you cant say for sure what would have happened, nor is it fair to and i certainly wouldn't call what they did that season a failure.

The way i look at it is if your gonna complain about money or bring it up at the beginning of a season why would u even bother to embark on a season at all? Again, i understand money isn't endless for 95% (or more) of us, but i just feel if you are going to let these questions and issues into your mind or your team you are already defeated. Sure we can be realistic and say this is a problem, but that goes without saying. But isn't adversity like that what builds a team? Aren't situations like that what makes you wanna practice that much harder? And, isn't that what makes winning that much sweeter?

We could be "realistic" and just let all the questions you raised keep us from trying, keep us from competing, but what fun would that be? If that was the case why wouldn't we all just sell our gear and do something else? I know that's a bit extreme, but isn't that realistic too? I guess my point is you never know what can happen if you don't try it, or you miss 100% of the shots you don't take or any cliche along those lines.

I just feel we all have a much better shot at this if were all together rather than separated.

Last edited by SBHockey13 : 02-25-2012 at 03:35 PM.
SBHockey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:47 PM #15
patrolbasealpha

**** it, lets just start a big paintball gang and start bar fights n pimp hoes.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:03 PM #16
=CPB=
NO TILT

=CPB= plays in the PSP
=CPB= helped look for balloons
=CPB= plays in the APPA D4 division
good talk, team systems are viable for players and bring event consistency that appeals to the leagues and manufacturers, but to set apart from the others you have to win, to win you need to play. Saving money and generating money is what the team has to do to make it affordable to put the time in on practice and If a team system can survive long enough to build a name or label, they can create the potential for income. Also a large team has buying power, that buying power that brings discounts from leagues and manufacturers, discounts leave more money for paint-bullets, Buying bullets in bulk and at once brings the cost down enabling all members to play consistency, trick is.... holding it together as the stages of the system come together. Best of luck up there, you guys rock.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM #17
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the scene in paintball gets small at some point because people begin to lose interest. its a good idea to make large teams. last year i started with 7, lost 4 to go to their own team, had guys quit, but i went and got guys with little to no experience, got them in there to play to help the sport grow. now i have a 8-9 man roster and we are hitting psp. the more that we can get the younger inexperienced crowd in here the better in my opinion. no matter what we use or where we play as long as teams grow

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:26 PM #18
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Good luck to you guys, I hope you're able to pull this off.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:37 PM #19
dirtyTHREE3Oion
oops

dirtyTHREE3Oion posts videos on PbNation
dirtyTHREE3Oion plays in the APPA D5 division
When's try outs I likethis idea making feeder teams for imperial, walleyes and eminence have those who do this can interchange between the three teams or something so guys can get as much play time with experience players and see different leagues/formats.... I always wondered what happened. To tpa revolution enjoyed watching those

back players gang
dirtyTHREE3Oion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:19 PM #20
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

I'm down to try anything once

I do like the bar fight idea though
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 PM #21
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
Where do I sign up?

We buy into the system, it will work. We look at the failings of past attempts and we learn how to avoid them again, we refine the way we do it and we can make it work.. Something I have been preaching with EMINENCE is be ALL IN, and if the players are ALL IN anything can happen.

I'ts cliche, but if there's a WILL there's a WAY, or we WILL make a WAY.

It's not an overnight kinda deal though, alot of work, and alot of TEAM first attitude will be needed.

And I'm a few yuenglings in myself.