PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2012, 07:00 PM #43
XxChananxX

XxChananxX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XxChananxX is for the Gunfight
XxChananxX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Play the entire snake. Too often players get there and are stuck. Dont be afraid to temporarily move back if steady streams are coming over the beam. Just dont give up all of your ground.
XxChananxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2012, 03:57 AM #44
joblair

joblair is for the Gunfight
joblair has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joblair has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxChananxX View Post
Play the entire snake. Too often players get there and are stuck. Dont be afraid to temporarily move back if steady streams are coming over the beam. Just dont give up all of your ground.
^this..and when you dive into snake, make sure your dive is a straight dive. don't let you legs fly everywhere, cause their back player can't shoot those, and you might hurt your self...true story it happened to me haha
Passion This is my chosen life style.This is my lifeblood. I eat, sleep, and breathe for a chance to play another day. This is beyond obsession. This is who i am. My passion, my life. Out obesession, our love. I am a Paintballer.

"Paintball...My anti-drug. Because when your addicted to paintball how can you possibly afford drugs?"

Paintball is special..no it's important..there's no fame no fortune....no scholarships..nobody cares..heh..what we have is pure... pageantry, tradition, pride...it is glory...it is unspoiled pristine, unadulterated form of passion..its raw..that is paintball...
joblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:52 AM #45
XxChananxX

XxChananxX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XxChananxX is for the Gunfight
XxChananxX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As nice as big breaks are, you cant always make it to snake off of the break. Make the break clean, get to the God, and just bump to snake when its free. You being in snake is crucial to your team, so dont waste your body. Just dont take forever. Now that your in the snake, tear it up!
-570- Cr3W #9
XxChananxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM #46
NothingPersonalPB

NothingPersonalPB plays in the PSP
NothingPersonalPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NothingPersonalPB plays in the APPA D4 division
sometimes you have to go backward to go forwards...

LI WILDBOYZ #420
Sponsored by:

Cousins Paintball
Virtue Paintball
G.I Sports
Aztek Photos
NothingPersonalPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM #47
sogo

has been a member for 10 years
know every single shot. commit it to memory and find land marks that help you line it up (ie. poles holding up the netting) no time to stick up your head and find shots, especially with the new psp snake bunkers
sogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM #48
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Don't shoot unless you think you can hit it. No point in telling everybody where you are without getting kills. Also, just because you are in the snake doesn't always mean you have to be the one making all the big moves. If there's balls coming at you from two or more directions, chances are no one is looking at one of your other front players, like your dorito guy. That's my 2
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

If you can't beat 'em, might as well eat 'em, cause no one's getting out alive!

-Sick Puppies
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM #49
Jabbawackie

oh gawd
Jabbawackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 PM #50
Redman311

Work your way in and don't pop up right after you get there. Sit and wait to see where the streams are coming from. Work the entire beam, and don't be afraid to just sit in there and just relax. If you are causing havoc (people bombing paint on you) you're doin your job!
Redman311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 AM #51
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Dont shoot your teammate like thomas taylor
Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM #52
WILLIAMS#22
FIRSTSTRIKE PAINTBALL

WILLIAMS#22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
WILLIAMS#22 supports Team VICIOUS
WILLIAMS#22 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseguy7 View Post
Dodge, Dive, Dip, Duck, & Dodge!!!
HAHA THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.
WILLIAMS#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM #53
Andrecxbl

get down the snake don't sit in snake 1 get down and shoot everyone in the back but play smart if you are in the 50 everyones guns are going to turn on you relax and let your d side move up when the heat is off shoot them in the back
Andrecxbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:16 PM #54
Emre

Emre owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Emre posts videos on PbNation
Emre has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tip #1 Stay low and try not to fall asleep
Emre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM #55
BustKaps
Cannon Fodder

BustKaps plays in the PSP
BustKaps plays in the APPA D4 division
i like to actually lift one of the beams, then wedge myself under it.
BustKaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 PM #56
taucooo

Help

How do you stay alive in the snake?
taucooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM #57
cstylz31
HYFR

cstylz31 is playing at Living Legends V
cstylz31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cstylz31 supports Sherwood Forest
cstylz31 posts videos on PbNation
cstylz31 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by taucooo View Post
How do you stay alive in the snake?
Be patient.
University of Nevada Paintball #09
cstylz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 PM #58
Paintman15
Justin

Don't get shot...
But seriously, this may not be your problem, but a lot of times, I get too excited and just forget to listen. If you can hear paintballs pounding your bunker right in front of you, don't come out. And, like the guy above me said, be patient. Justin Rabackoff once said that when he gets into a good bunker, he literally stops and counts to five, before moves at all. Just calm down, take a look around and see where the paint is coming in, and adjust accordingly. Also, it always helps to remember that just because you are in the snake, that doesn't mean you have to always make the big moves. If you've got three guns on you just because you are in snake 2, then sit tight. That means that at least two of your teammates have no one looking at them, allowing them to make big moves. And make sure youve got a good communication system set up with your back player.
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

-Sick Puppies
Old 04-13-2012, 06:27 PM #59
BSTKpump

Best tips I got. Use you inside hand and outside leg to help push u along in the snake it's faster and allows you to duck in faster if u get fire coming in on you. Also keep your gun on the tape do if you have to u can fire or return it. Play the whole snake. Beam,pillow over the top it's has many angles and advantages to eliminate or control the other team players to help up a teammate if they got major pressure on them. If you don't got a mirrior try to bump up often and fast the farther you down the snake the more dmg you can do with the better angles. If you get alot of pressure/fire on you sit tight the more guns on you the better. In the snake it's okay to do nothing if u getting shot at
BSTKpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 PM #60
NITR0U5
Ryan

NITR0U5 is playing at Living Legends V
NITR0U5 is playing at Living Legends VI
NITR0U5 is playing at Living Legends VII
NITR0U5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NITR0U5 posts videos on PbNation
Can you play it if you are about 100 pounds overweight?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 PM #61
Paintman15
Justin

Sure. You won't be as speedy getting into it and it'll be harder to keep a low profile, but there's no reason you can't. I guess it's kinda like playing pump. If you can keep up with the other guys, it shows that you have more skill!
-Daniel Tosh

-Sick Puppies
Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM #62
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent

DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwo5UQDZrw

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 AM #63
wwohl602

wwohl602 plays in the APPA D4 division
Good snake players are the ones who are patient. Sometimes snake players become too aggressive, they get into the snake, crawl all the way down field and try to start blasting and gun battling everyone. Always remember that if you get to the 50 snake in the first minute of the game, it's not a bad idea to just hunker down, protect the wire or control a zone and live for a little while. The snake allows you to take up ground without beng exposed. Just the presence of a 50 snake player can totally throw off a team game plan. Don't rush to gun battle, sit there and let your presence sink in. As opposing players let off of you, come up and get your Gs. You don't always have to close the game within 30 seconds of getting into the snake.

Snake players need to stay alive, get down the field and get kills. But they need to have a plan, be patient and be adaptive. Adaptive - this goes with what I said before. Know when to be patient and just get some ground and stay alive. But also know when to be aggressive. You may need to go clean your mirror out if they fill a snake and he's putting pressure on your dorito side.

All in all though, the snake player has really taken a huge hit by the addition of coaching. A snake player used to be able to bump snake without anyone knowing, crawl down the field and come up and make some quick kills. Now you have coaches and fans giving away there every move. It has completely changed the game for the snake player.
wwohl602 is offline   Reply With Quote