Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 PM #190
g2k556
fustercluck

welp time to move. friends lease is up tomorrow, so off to a new apartment. hadn't lived in a place other then home for 21 years, now my first move I'll've lived in 3 different places within a few months

It's funny because my sig's a ****.
g2k556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 PM #191
DFSniper
10 years and counting!

has been a member for 10 years
DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechaser View Post
Speaking of cars...

I was a ******* today and forgot to fill up, as you'd expect, vehicles have this thing about fuel.. they don't like to run without it. So as I sat in my angry chair stewing about my own stupidity, I realized my iPhone jailbreak failed just before I left the house for work. Anyways, I flagged down a driver and was able to call my wife for a jerry can.

After she arrived, we realized the gas can didn't have a spout. And after rummaging through both vehicles, we found that neither had a funnel.

Soooo... angry Derek wound up grabbing an old oil jug and a screwdriver, stabbing the **** out of it and tearing the bottom off in a fit of rage.

Oh.. and did I mention I'm within my six month probation at work and wound up waltzing through the doors 4 minutes before my shift. At best had I been late, I'd receive another 3 month contract.. at worst, mine wouldn't be renewed.

From hereafter, today will be know as "The Series of Unfortunate Events".
i generally carry 1 or 2 6gal cans in my truck "just in case"

DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM #192
shunut
Respected, period.

Annual Supporting Member
shunut is a Supporting Member
shunut is BST Trusted
shunut donated to help Peyton Trent
shunut is playing at Living Legends VII
shunut owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
Nice dude. I have Apr stage 1+, 3in magnaflow exhaust system, Cai, coil overs, rear sway bar, Audi ft DV, reinforced tiptronic transmission, ko3s @ 18psi pushing 250hp.
Cool, I'm at 16psi and guessing I'm just under 250hp, probably around 230-240. APR claims 209hp with stage 1, 91 octane performance mode, add the CAI and exhaust, I'd say they give me 20-30 extra hp. The exhaust made a hell of a difference, I was kind of surprised. Oh, and I also have a 4.0bar FPR.

I also have a Stage 1 clutch with 14lbs flywheel, BFI Stage 2 dogbone bushings and poly bushings up front. The dogbone bushings got rid of almost all wheel hop, I'd recommend it, only warning is you feel a lot more vibration from the engine.

Next will definitely be paint and interior, keeping it the same color. After that FMIC. I'd love to put a 6 speed in and would also love to bag it. My friend has a 20th AE and I love the 6 speed in it. My car has a lot of miles though so we will see if she makes it long enough to see all of that.

Last edited by shunut : 03-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.
shunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:39 AM #193
battlechaser
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
i generally carry 1 or 2 6gal cans in my truck "just in case"

[IMG]Something bigger than a beat up Honda[/IMG]
Small car is small.

And an interesting post script to that story. I refilled my father-in-law's jerry can and left it in the car. Only to have a very irate wife come home from getting groceries yell at me for leaving it in the car.

I drive about 25km to work one way.. she drove less than half that both ways and managed to dump gas all over the trunk.

So.. I had a ****ty day at work (due to the near late), a pissed off wife, and now a car that smells like a drag strip.. all within 24 hours.

What the hell did I do yesterday..?

"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste..." - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
battlechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:54 AM #194
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
Cool, I'm at 16psi and guessing I'm just under 250hp, probably around 230-240. APR claims 209hp with stage 1, 91 octane performance mode, add the CAI and exhaust, I'd say they give me 20-30 extra hp. The exhaust made a hell of a difference, I was kind of surprised. Oh, and I also have a 4.0bar FPR.

I also have a Stage 1 clutch with 14lbs flywheel, BFI Stage 2 dogbone bushings and poly bushings up front. The dogbone bushings got rid of almost all wheel hop, I'd recommend it, only warning is you feel a lot more vibration from the engine.

Next will definitely be paint and interior, keeping it the same color. After that FMIC. I'd love to put a 6 speed in and would also love to bag it. My friend has a 20th AE and I love the 6 speed in it. My car has a lot of miles though so we will see if she makes it long enough to see all of that.
I have the APR Stage 1+ file but has been modified to my current setup. In reality it's acting like a Stage 2, but I didn't want to spend the extra money for it. Oh yes the exhaust, cai, and chip makes the biggest difference in our cars. It's amazing what they can do! I love the 6 speed, but there aren't much gains compared to the 5 speed stock for stock. You'll see the real benefits of a 6 speed when you upgrade it and they are a pain to service...

I want to go for more but right now I'm debating whether to continue on this car and do a tranny swap to manual or just purchase the level 10 bulletproof auto tranny for my car. OR just buy another GLI that's manual. Figured it would almost cost the same now a days. But honestly I would love to get a MK4 VW R32... omg that car is pure sex...
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:17 PM #195
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
and i'm back to running... So out of shape but 3miles isn't a bad way to start it off.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 PM #196
shunut
Respected, period.

Annual Supporting Member
shunut is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
I have the APR Stage 1+ file but has been modified to my current setup. In reality it's acting like a Stage 2, but I didn't want to spend the extra money for it. Oh yes the exhaust, cai, and chip makes the biggest difference in our cars. It's amazing what they can do! I love the 6 speed, but there aren't much gains compared to the 5 speed stock for stock. You'll see the real benefits of a 6 speed when you upgrade it and they are a pain to service...

I want to go for more but right now I'm debating whether to continue on this car and do a tranny swap to manual or just purchase the level 10 bulletproof auto tranny for my car. OR just buy another GLI that's manual. Figured it would almost cost the same now a days. But honestly I would love to get a MK4 VW R32... omg that car is pure sex...
They upgraded my APR from Stage 1 to Stage 2 for free.

I would love either a MkIV DBP R32 or a Jazz Blue 20th. All the R32s I've looked at are still going for $15,000+, which seems like a lot to me.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM #197
battlechaser
Seņor Member

Was a friend's birthday yesterday and my wife was volentold to make the cake.

Buddy Vallestro eat your heart out.

Everything but the solid backgrounds, writing and black outline was HAND PAINTED in regular buttercream icing. Not just food colouring on fondant. The result is something that looks good and tastes like it's supposed to.. good.

"If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste; use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste..." - Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones
Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 PM #198
g2k556
fustercluck

played a pick up game with some random guys at the apartment complex, a game of soccer then a 3 on 3 basketball. felt good to get out and be active again

Old 03-12-2012, 12:20 AM #199
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
They upgraded my APR from Stage 1 to Stage 2 for free.

I would love either a MkIV DBP R32 or a Jazz Blue 20th. All the R32s I've looked at are still going for $15,000+, which seems like a lot to me.
Jazz Blue is my favorite color I want to powder coat my wheels to play or gunmetal grey...

Yeah R32's are still expensive.. in stock form I wouldn't pay that much for one.
MacrolineGuy.com
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 PM #200
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
1 of 2, this one i ordered early since i'm building my own enclosure for them. One of my favorite sounding subs, I could have gone with a higher rated one but i'm running 2 and 500rms is plenty for a civic.

Some reading material.. These are chosen because i'm a bit of a cinephile.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM #201
g2k556
fustercluck

the fountainhead by ayn rand is really good. highly recommend it. especially if you like atlas shrugged.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 AM #202
battlechaser
Seņor Member

500 watts RMS..? j00 n33d M04R PPOOOOOWWWWAAAA!!

Seriously, I ran that to a single 12.. well... actually 600 watts RMS, according to the build sheet that came with my amp.. psyched to get my stereo back into something, probably going to make a fiberglass box for my Jeep..

So... on another note... I get to eat humble pie again... Sascha... you were right.

This is on it's way to me... should have it for tomorrow.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 AM #203
shunut
Respected, period.

Annual Supporting Member
shunut is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
1 of 2, this one i ordered early since i'm building my own enclosure for them. One of my favorite sounding subs, I could have gone with a higher rated one but i'm running 2 and 500rms is plenty for a civic.
Rockford makes some pretty nice subs. I think they have declined as far as quality and longevity, but they are still pretty solid. I use to have 2 Power Punch 12s. I had them in an Eclipse then a Galant. I had 2 Fosgate Amps running them and they pounded so hard and clean. They got jacked from my Galant, I was very sad

This is the system I built after:

2 Infinity Perfect 10s.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM #204
battlechaser
Seņor Member

Infinitg makes a nice product. I was really tempted by their Kappa line, if the store my salesman worked at carried them that's what I would'be got. I
As of right. Know I have an Alpine Type R 12 (triple rollover rubber surround), Alpine Mrdm501 Amp, two MicroDimensions 55w 4 channel amps, a Clarion 5 band Equalizer, and two sets of Alpine Type R components. The plan was to use the Eq and a 3 way active crossover to get signal to both four channels and eliminate the passive crossovers that come with the components, so one 4 channel would be for mids and the other for tweeters.

I had a set of Orion HCCA components before (the USA made red basket ones, pre-Directed buyout) those were monsters, I was running 170 watts rms to them and actually had to turn them down, super clear and freaking LOUD. They're rated for 300, I can't believe how loud they would've been then as I was into the 120db range with just those.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 AM #205
DFSniper
10 years and counting!

has been a member for 10 years
DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
Quote:
So... on another note... I get to eat humble pie again... Sascha... you were right.

This is on it's way to me... should have it for tomorrow.

im trying to find an gif/clip of eric cartman dancing because he's right, but i dont have the time to search right now
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM #206
battlechaser
Seņor Member

Best sale PM ever..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlechaser

USD please. My paypal is blahbittyblooblah@omguthoughtdiswuzr34l.bbq

Do you mind posting in my thread as well (for feedback)?
Money sent.
It's all packaged up, I'll be shipping it tomorrow, unless there's some kind of catastrophic event; eg. fire, flood, tornado, zombie filled school bus smashing into my place of work tonight, and I get turned into a member of the walking dead.. but even then somehow remember I need to ship something before I can have brains... sweet sweet brains...

Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM #207
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
In my experience fosgates are a great bang for you buck into the quality world. I had one 10" p2 that was shaking my focus apart. I can only expect that 500rms is going to force me to order some insulation for my 2 door civic.

I've got a buddy that just order some type r components and already has a 12" type-r. I'm excited for the speakers, but i haven't been impressed with the sub.

That is a pretty tight enclosure in your galant, is it safe to say its not sealed? It almost looks like you have some kind of different order going on.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:20 AM #208
shunut
Respected, period.

Annual Supporting Member
shunut is BST Trusted
Rockford is definitely a great bang for the buck, no doubt.

It was sealed in my Galant. The wall that you see was completely separate from the box. The wall really was an after thought. After I had the box in there it looked okay, but I wanted something to "finish" everything off, make it look pretty.

I think in my GTI I'm going to put 1 JL Audio 10" or 12". I don't want to take up all my hatch space with a box and amp.

Last edited by shunut : 03-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM #209
sparky81
Merc

sparky81 helped look for balloons
sparky81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sparky81 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Best sale PM ever..?
epic
sparky81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:41 PM #210
battlechaser
Seņor Member

Good news. It's now tomorrow, and I'm not a zombie.

Quote:
Rockford is definitely a great bang for the buck, no doubt.

It was sealed in my Galant. The wall that you see was completely separate from the box. The wall really was an after thought. After I had the box in there it looked okay, but I wanted something to "finish" everything off, make it look pretty.

I think in my GTI I'm going to put 1 JL Audio 10" or 12". I don't want to take up all my hatch space with a box and amp.
Fiberglass in the spare tire well (I'd consider running 2 x 8"s)? Unless you're one of those people that likes having a spare.

Last edited by battlechaser : 03-16-2012 at 12:43 PM.