Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2015, 10:43 AM #1
LlabtniapYalp

Need new bolt for Spyder Pilot with Eye -- What will fit?

I just got a Spyder Pilot on eBay and the bolt is all messed up. The seller offered to refund me enough to get a new bolt but I can find any exact replacement. I did find the 2012 Fenix bolt, and the RS bolt. Will either of those fit?

-Feedback I received from an eBay transaction

I highly recommend buying from: http://www.ebay.com/usr/paintballwiz...p2047675.l2559 They have free shipping on many items and have fantastic customer service that you won't get from the really big companies.
LlabtniapYalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2015, 05:44 AM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Call spyder for a replacement if your are talking about 08 or newer pilot fenix or electra as I think you are. That is your ONLY reasonable option. Tech-t make a bolt but its like $40.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:30 AM #3
LlabtniapYalp

Could someone with an RS, RSX, VS2, or VS3 post a picture of their bolt in the same manner as this picture? I want to see if that bolt will be compatible. http://imgur.com/o1ODhW6

I highly recommend buying from: http://www.ebay.com/usr/paintballwiz...p2047675.l2559 They have free shipping on many items and have fantastic customer service that you won't get from the really big companies.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:43 AM #4
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
It depends entirely on what pilot you have.

None of the "white" bolts from any of those markers will fit. This measurement is from my VS2. I'm not uploading a picture.

From the pin sitting just in front of 1/2"

The rear o-ring sit on the 2 1/2" mark

The hole hole is from 2 5/8" - 3" (its a mouth shape " D " )

The bolt face ends at just a hair under 5"

Tech-t has indicated that their bolt only fits 2010 and newer. This means the bolt is changed enough if you have an 08 or 09 pilot you need a bolt for an electra or pilot from that year. If you have a 2010 or newer pilot (which I think is just 2010 and 2011). The fenix replaced both in 2012. They all share a similar black bolt like your picture but I have not personally confirmed what is different from 08/09 and the 10+

As for the reason I believe they introduced their "EKO" valve in 2010 which basically has little pin holes for blowback with a slim pin. Before that they were using a "SE" valve pin which is the slimed down pin, but the valve body remained the same as it always had been. The 08 has a twist feedneck that could be replaced as it had ion threads, the 09 changed to "spyder" threaded feedneck with a claming style. If you have that then either look down the bottom chamber and look for the circle of holes around the pin on the body or pull the whole valve out if for some reason a flashlight doesn't show.

so the fenix bolt might fit, but kingman will probably have a replacement if you figure out what years yours is from.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:35 AM #5
LlabtniapYalp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
It depends entirely on what pilot you have.

None of the "white" bolts from any of those markers will fit. This measurement is from my VS2. I'm not uploading a picture.

From the pin sitting just in front of 1/2"

The rear o-ring sit on the 2 1/2" mark

The hole hole is from 2 5/8" - 3" (its a mouth shape " D " )

The bolt face ends at just a hair under 5"

Tech-t has indicated that their bolt only fits 2010 and newer. This means the bolt is changed enough if you have an 08 or 09 pilot you need a bolt for an electra or pilot from that year. If you have a 2010 or newer pilot (which I think is just 2010 and 2011). The fenix replaced both in 2012. They all share a similar black bolt like your picture but I have not personally confirmed what is different from 08/09 and the 10+

As for the reason I believe they introduced their "EKO" valve in 2010 which basically has little pin holes for blowback with a slim pin. Before that they were using a "SE" valve pin which is the slimed down pin, but the valve body remained the same as it always had been. The 08 has a twist feedneck that could be replaced as it had ion threads, the 09 changed to "spyder" threaded feedneck with a claming style. If you have that then either look down the bottom chamber and look for the circle of holes around the pin on the body or pull the whole valve out if for some reason a flashlight doesn't show.

so the fenix bolt might fit, but kingman will probably have a replacement if you figure out what years yours is from.
My Pilot. I believe it's the 09 version. http://imgur.com/VNI5rds

Old 04-18-2015, 08:58 AM #6
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Here's a trick for finding compatible parts.

When a company like Kingman makes a bunch of different variations of basically the same gun with different names they use most of the same parts over and over again. In the factory those parts have designated parts numbers. So there isn't a bin full of bolts labeled "bolt for Pilot, Electra, Aggressor...", instead it's a bin labeled "VBT008".

Find the manual for your gun...
http://www.paintball-parts.com/Kingm...rams-s/676.htm

Look through it until you see a parts number for the bolt, such as VBT008, then just do a quick google search for "Spyder bolt VBT008" and get plenty of places to buy one.

You can find out all kinds of nifty stuff doing this too, such as the JT Impulse regulator is essentially a GOG eXTCy reg with a Luxe reg spring in it.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:58 AM #7
boomsquad324

boomsquad324 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
boomsquad324 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
boomsquad324 supports Team VICIOUS
boomsquad324 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm Pretty Sure A Number Of Bolts Will Fit It. Even The Rear Cocking Ones. Just Check If It Has One Or 2 Detents, And Find A Bolt With The Appropriate Indentations In It For Said Detents. Just My 2 Cents. By The Way, Good Info Fubarius!
boomsquad324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:27 PM #8
JasonFenixConcord

Go but a hush bolt its way better than the stock
JasonFenixConcord is offline   Reply With Quote