Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-24-2015, 05:45 AM #1
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
AMG vertical reg adapter

This is a long shot, anyone have a ACP AMG vert adapter. Most of the leads I could find are pretty cold at this point. I'm gonna have a machinist do some basic milling but was hoping i could find even a partial in hopes in having him make it work. I'll still ask if he can whip one up from scratch, probably gunna cost more than the marker itself though.

Shoot me a pm I guess if you find a hard lead.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2015, 10:02 PM #2
the trooper
former Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
the trooper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Wow, long shot in deed. I'll poke around. Does it mater if it's straight or angled?
the trooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 03:22 AM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
Anything would be great, i forgot angled ones were made too. I figure if I can get something to give to him to take real measurements from I might be able to get a couple in circulation again or at least for myself if there is no other interest.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:38 PM #4
primadog

These things?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...90dbdf0597.jpg

theblindchicken has them.
primadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:28 AM #5
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
No not those. AMG specific parts that are rare to even find a guy that still is active and has one, let alone maybe loan it to me so I can have a copy made. The last one I found for sale was 7 years ago and I've done business with him to know its gone. They were hard to come by back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeslob View Post

Old 12-30-2015, 11:46 AM #6
lpmaster

A good machinist shouldn't even need one of the old acp versions to replicate something. Just use the stock foregrip or the frame for the measurements to mount it flush to the body (as what looks to be done in the top/bottom pics of the ones you posted) If you don't have the stock foregrip you could even use the frame for the measurements as the whole bottom of the amg body is uniform iirc.

fwiw I always thought the foregrip though was a staple for those lovely AMG's. Bottomline maxflo's, stabs, and raptors look sweet on amg's and you get to keep that sweet foregrip.

Now you got me wanting to buy an AMG.. haha

lpmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 PM #7
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
edit: So really easy option #1 is use a bottom line regulator. I have LP tanks, I have a maxflo that needs recondition but that a "be happy it works" kinda option.

Easy Option # 2 is the ACP adapter for a standard reg. Still a good look for the AMG IMO. Some of my favorite spyders used this very setup.

So the last option is to make the forgrip a regulator. I don't see this as the easy or cheapest option. I'm not sure if anybody has even bothered to go for this try nor am I sure I will want to.

Now this is just me playing with parts, sizing them up looking to see how they could work with each other.

Basically I'm thinking maybe the torpedo reg internal can be made to fit. I feel could be easy enough to have a new center nipple section longer and made to fit the necessary pieces to make a regulator function. I might just pick up a dye or cp and possibly put together something that works.

triple edit by now?: Looking at a CP V2 inline. Since the V2 is a 2 piece inline with the hpr coming through the bottom this might be a good bet.
-Have a disk make for the piston seat to fit, use 1 maybe 2 orings around it and have holes drilled around it similar to the lower CP section so that air may pass by. Use the adjustment screw to hold it in place, possibly through both sides if 1 wont due.
-The V2 uses a shim of sorts to act as the middle piece to help separate the piston from the hpa from entering, its possible this may fit and either a new foregrip entirely machined or just this piece.
-the piston and spring(pack?) would then fit inbetween the v2 shim to be capped by the amg nipple disk and the whole thing is still clamped together from the factory bolts that pass through the forgrip.

ideas? I may just order a V2 soon now.

Last edited by ferret15 : 12-31-2015 at 01:44 AM.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:03 PM #8
Twaltz628
n00b for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
I milled one of these a few months back. I'm not milling anymore, but I might be able to get you the CAD files if the original creator is willing to share them. Want me to check?

Last edited by Twaltz628 : 12-31-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Twaltz628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:21 PM #9
cougar20th
Custom Spyder Collector

Ferret if you need someone to 3d or even 2d drawings let me know.

As for where to find one. I really don't know anyone to ask anymore. There are very few of the old guys around. I can ask Warfinge or bugman if you want but I believe I ended up with all this stuff several years ago.
cougar20th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:59 PM #10
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Man these things are impossible to find. If I still had my amg I would give you the adapter. Mine was stripped.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote