PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2015, 02:03 PM #1
bchu

bchu has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bchu has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spyder Electra Repair

So a friend of mine picked up the following for free. I haven't been able to look at it because he keeps forgetting to give it to me to fix. He got a Spyder Electra w/ ACS. Don't know much about these so any help would be appreciated.

All he's told me is that the solenoid is bad and needs replacing. The Orings are probably shot as well but that's as simple as picking up a kit from ANS or somewhere. Does anyone know if the following noid will work?

http://www.ansgear.com/Spyder_Parts_Sale_s/153.htm

Don't know what else may be gone or need replacing. I posted a picture below. Thanks for any help!

bchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2015, 08:02 AM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This solenoid?
http://www.ansgear.com/Kingman_Spyde...ansolenoid.htm

The part number I think you need is JE18C and it is a discontinued item. Try contacting ANS ask what the part number is.

Are you sure it is the solenoid? Have you put in a good battery to test that this functions correctly? You will need a 9.6V battery to make it function correctly, the last time I had issues with an older spyder e-grip It was related to the large capacitor and not the solenoid.

Last edited by paintzapper : 02-26-2015 at 08:58 AM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:31 AM #3
bchu

I honestly don't know if it's the solenoid. I have yet to get my hands on the marker. He took it to a pro-shop and that was their diagnosis. I've asked him multiple times to let to me take a look at it to see what's wrong but he keeps either forgetting or making up some excuse.

I talked to him yesterday via Google Hangouts and told him making it usable would take anywhere from $60-90 assuming it's the solenoid (new O-rings, feedneck, ASA, etc.). At this point he's trying to decide if it's worth reviving it or going out and buying a cheap electro (Ion or something).
Old 02-26-2015, 08:57 AM #4
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

Whelp right now I can tell you from the picture you may need to replace the main spring if it has been compressed for a long period of time

Does he have any gear or plays paintball? Really to me (comparing to other people I know) it sounds like he may not really be interested/able to spend money to repair it or get equipment. If he was really interested, he would hop on it! You could offer to just take it off his hands and he not need to worry about it.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 AM #5
bchu

Well the other thing is I'm currently in a different city from where he is due to a work rotation. So I only go there once every 2-3 weeks. So if he's busy and can't get it to me, then we have to try next time I visit. He's in the process of getting his own gear.

That aside, he doesn't know much about taking apart and fixing paintball markers. I was the one who suggested he look into getting a used, working marker. He's fairly new and I would prefer if he started with working equipment instead of having a fixer-upper.

I wouldn't mind taking it off his hands, fixing it and keeping it as a loaner I can hand out at the field to either kids or friends who come with me for the first time.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:01 AM #6
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

What I have done for my friends is ask what their budget is, tell them that I am willing to find something good within their budget, buy it, make sure it works and have them pay you back when you hand it off to them.

This way they are not overwhelmed by all the options and knowing what is good or not.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:42 AM #7
JasonFenixConcord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchu View Post
So a friend of mine picked up the following for free. I haven't been able to look at it because he keeps forgetting to give it to me to fix. He got a Spyder Electra w/ ACS. Don't know much about these so any help would be appreciated.

All he's told me is that the solenoid is bad and needs replacing. The Orings are probably shot as well but that's as simple as picking up a kit from ANS or somewhere. Does anyone know if the following noid will work?

http://www.ansgear.com/Spyder_Parts_Sale_s/153.htm

Don't know what else may be gone or need replacing. I posted a picture below. Thanks for any help!

If u get it fixed ill pay you $100
JasonFenixConcord is offline   Reply With Quote