Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-27-2016, 04:30 PM #1
BeGe

BeGe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BeGe supports Ninja Paintball
What is this?

Anybody know what this is?

I'm pretty sure it's either some type of spyder or spyder clone...but I can't find anything about it.

I have a few nice spyder parts laying around and figured I'd grab a spyder/clone to put them on, so I bought it for $30 because I like the milling, but I have no clue what it actually is.

Last edited by BeGe : 07-27-2016 at 04:33 PM.
BeGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2016, 08:17 AM #2
StarfuryTH

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 32* because the grip screw pattern matches the one on my 32* e-frame.

Other than that, I can't be of much help. Nice find, though!
StarfuryTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:11 AM #3
BeGe

I figured it out. It took a lot of google image searching of random possible spyder clone companies...

The breakthrough hint was realizing that A) the trigger guard milling was very reminiscent of an old black dragun I had back in the day and that 2) the place that made black draguns later made clones called "diablos".

From there I searched for diablo paintball guns and, bam, there it was.

It's a Diablo Mongoose II.

I think the body milling is fantastic, but it looks barebones stock (even the barrel). I've got a 15 degree front, a twisted volumizer, a black magic reg, a nice milled drop down, a maddman rocket-valve, and a Dye ultralight barrel that are going to find their home in it. I think it's gonna look pretty sweet when done.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:51 AM #4
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
Yep Diablo Mongoose II Reincarnation. My wife won one in a raffle a while back, silver to black. It shot nice until the board started acting up, fixed it but she moved on to an 05 Prostock by then.
paintzapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:21 PM #5
BeGe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
Yep Diablo Mongoose II Reincarnation. My wife won one in a raffle a while back, silver to black. It shot nice until the board started acting up, fixed it but she moved on to an 05 Prostock by then.
I'm seeing the same thing. With all my upgrades it's running like a champ, and looks gorgeous. Running at 350 PSI, decently quiet for a poppet valve, shooting smooth and fast, consistent on the chrono, everything sealing up great, etc.

...but the board sucks...bad.

It literally can just miss trigger pulls sometimes...switch clicks and everything, but the board just doesn't register it and trip the sear. It does it a decent amount. And eyes on/off basically doesn't do anything...acts as if the eyes don't exist, and if you don't lay the wires just right around the battery then it pinches stuff and it just doesn't shoot at all.

I've got way better guns...I just really want to get a spyder clone shooting awesome just because I can!

What did you do for your board? This board sucks.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:17 AM #6
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
Sorry for the way late reply, I reviewed all the solder connections and found the capacitor leads not properly soldered. Also I replaced the switch as it looks like they used a non sealed switch that allowed solder flux and/or water to get into it and was nasty.

They just used cheapo China parts, buy some stuff off ebay, digikey, mouser (ask for a free sample from the major distributor sometimes that works) and replace some of the mechanical parts starting with the switch.

I gave up on the eyes, they were just crapola. Just remove and run eyeless like a typical E-Spyder.

I imagine that it would run with an upgraded spyder board, but I cant think of anyone who has tried.

Last edited by paintzapper : 08-26-2016 at 10:21 AM.
paintzapper is online now   Reply With Quote