Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:45 PM #1870
Truck Driver
Druck Triver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Paintball_freek View Post
Cory I am not helping wire that death trap!
You just don't know it yet!

"for instance: the whole car audio thread enjoys paintball, no? oh but they also are fairly knowledgeable about car audio. "

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 PM #1871
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Hey I've asked this before, but I went to the local car audio place about a year ago wanting to get a new radio, I drive an 06 Ram Big Horn. These guys told me I needed a ****ing 100 dollar cord to install a new one "something to do with the infinity wiring"

I smelled bull****, is this true? Anyone know where I could get the wiring harness I specifically need?
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 PM #1872
imguessingurgay
4skn

imguessingurgay is a Supporting Member
imguessingurgay is playing at Living Legends III
imguessingurgay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
imguessingurgay has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Its true homie.

Go to

www.bestkits.com

type in your ****, get a P/N, then eBay that ****.

For instance I have Bose/OnStar in my trailblazer, brand new the harness is $100, on ebay, used ones hardly go for over $20 bucks.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM #1873
Evil_Paintball_freek
#No****sGiven

Annual Supporting Member
Evil_Paintball_freek is a Supporting Member
Evil_Paintball_freek is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Evil_Paintball_freek is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit View Post
Hey I've asked this before, but I went to the local car audio place about a year ago wanting to get a new radio, I drive an 06 Ram Big Horn. These guys told me I needed a ****ing 100 dollar cord to install a new one "something to do with the infinity wiring"

I smelled bull****, is this true? Anyone know where I could get the wiring harness I specifically need?
I didn't need that. I have infinity BOSS
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 AM #1874
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

qu1cks1lver56 is playing at Living Legends III
qu1cks1lver56 supports Team VICIOUS
qu1cks1lver56 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
qu1cks1lver56 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by imguessingurgay View Post
Its true homie.

Go to

www.bestkits.com

type in your ****, get a P/N, then eBay that ****.

For instance I have Bose/OnStar in my trailblazer, brand new the harness is $100, on ebay, used ones hardly go for over $20 bucks.
This.

****ing stupid **** to install a new head unit in some cars. Even my dad's '05 non onstar Chevy truck it required some retarded *** interface.
hi
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 AM #1875
Apollo918
Proud 'Fossil' Owner

Apollo918 plays in the PSP
Apollo918 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Apollo918 supports Team VICIOUS
Apollo918 plays in the APPA D4 division
My wife's 08 non onstar cobalt has to have the cable. It's almost as expensive as the stupid headunit.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM #1876
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/3450649059.html

wat
hi
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 PM #1877
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by qu1cks1lver56 View Post
How do I sentence?

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM #1878
Truck Driver
Druck Triver

I want it.

"for instance: the whole car audio thread enjoys paintball, no? oh but they also are fairly knowledgeable about car audio. "

Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM #1879
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
What are some good 6.5" speakers for around $80 or less that would produce decent bass? No amp or anything, just switching out the stock speakers
Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 PM #1880
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I think I've changed my mind again.. I'm leaning more towards getting the PWX6s now, with the Dayton RS28-A tweeters.

While I could easily fit 8s in my doors without modding anything, I don't know if my door panels would be so friendly, and I want everything to look stock except the trunk and head unit.

Edit: Scrap that. I need some good 6.5" mids in an active 2-way setup with those RS28-As. I've got 125wrms to throw at them at 4ohm. Halp? I'm looking to get some more SQ than my ID comps. I'd rather not just buy a more expensive set of components because I'm going to be going active and I don't wanna spend money to get crossovers with the comps. I'm pretty dead set on those tweeters unless I go 3-way, which would definitely complicate things a lot, so I'm thinking I don't really wanna do that.

Has anyone in here heard a set of these CTX65CSs so they can actually compare to other stuff that's out there? I hate that there's nowhere I can go to just listen to different stuff from different manufacturers. People are bashing those Crescendos for anything but loud, obnoxious, throw-sound-500-feet setups.

Basically, best mids that I can cross with a tweeter that gets fairly low (supposedly people cross them at like 1300hz, but I'm not going to bring them that low, I don't think. Ideally around 2k, I guess?). ~$200 max for a pair.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod

Last edited by Supra_MKIII : 12-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM #1881
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Scratched my last box design and opted for subs up/port to side.

.74 net cu/ft per subwoofer, 35Hz

Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM #1882
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
I think I've changed my mind again.. I'm leaning more towards getting the PWX6s now, with the Dayton RS28-A tweeters.

While I could easily fit 8s in my doors without modding anything, I don't know if my door panels would be so friendly, and I want everything to look stock except the trunk and head unit.

Edit: Scrap that. I need some good 6.5" mids in an active 2-way setup with those RS28-As. I've got 125wrms to throw at them at 4ohm. Halp? I'm looking to get some more SQ than my ID comps. I'd rather not just buy a more expensive set of components because I'm going to be going active and I don't wanna spend money to get crossovers with the comps. I'm pretty dead set on those tweeters unless I go 3-way, which would definitely complicate things a lot, so I'm thinking I don't really wanna do that.

Has anyone in here heard a set of these CTX65CSs so they can actually compare to other stuff that's out there? I hate that there's nowhere I can go to just listen to different stuff from different manufacturers. People are bashing those Crescendos for anything but loud, obnoxious, throw-sound-500-feet setups.

Basically, best mids that I can cross with a tweeter that gets fairly low (supposedly people cross them at like 1300hz, but I'm not going to bring them that low, I don't think. Ideally around 2k, I guess?). ~$200 max for a pair.
Never heard them but supposedly the RE XXX mids are the **** in a 2 way setup.
Also if you can find a pair of the AA carbon mids, they'd be good.
Not sure on price but I have heard a full on Hertz Hi Energy setup, the mids I heard were sweeeeeeet.
hi
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM #1883
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Decent SQ subs for a home theater setup. Anyone? I'm leaning towards focal but don't really know where else to look. All the custom builds I find on A/V forums go with Dayton, and I'm a little iffy on that.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM #1884
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinVin View Post
Decent SQ subs for a home theater setup. Anyone? I'm leaning towards focal but don't really know where else to look. All the custom builds I find on A/V forums go with Dayton, and I'm a little iffy on that.
Harmon
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM #1885
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

from the research I've done, shops visited, etc, i don't hear a lot of great stuff about harmon. I went with a set of Psb bookshelfs and am just running in stereo at the moment. I'm still really stuck between building something or just buying pre-built. Either way, I'll be spending about the same.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:31 PM #1886
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
How much power do you have to throw at them? I have seen a few people who use IDQ/IDMAX subs for HT, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with either of them.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM #1887
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Quote:
from the research I've done, shops visited, etc, i don't hear a lot of great stuff about harmon. I went with a set of Psb bookshelfs and am just running in stereo at the moment. I'm still really stuck between building something or just buying pre-built. Either way, I'll be spending about the same.
Harman/Kardon is great.

Bought a friend the 770 (?) last christmas, he's quite into home audio and this blew his last surround out of the water, he had to fiddle with placement of the sub but got it right and its fantastic. I only use harman as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM #1888
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

Quote:
PSB
Any of their subs sound great. There's three of their Subseries 1 8"s in my house. And we used to have one of their front loaded 12's and it was really nice.
Also, anything KEF, Definitive, Magnepan, some Paradigm stuff.
I used to install custom home theaters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Harman/Kardon is great.

Bought a friend the 770 (?) last christmas, he's quite into home audio and this blew his last surround out of the water, he had to fiddle with placement of the sub but got it right and its fantastic. I only use harman as well.
H/K = JBL
Decent receivers, but they don't use discreet amplifiers, which kind of sucks. I'd rather a Denon or Marantz, or other upper end like Arcam, etc.
hi
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM #1889
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by qu1cks1lver56 View Post
PSB
Any of their subs sound great. There's three of their Subseries 1 8"s in my house. And we used to have one of their front loaded 12's and it was really nice.
Also, anything KEF, Definitive, Magnepan, some Paradigm stuff.
I used to install custom home theaters.

H/K = JBL
Decent receivers, but they don't use discreet amplifiers, which kind of sucks. I'd rather a Denon or Marantz, or other upper end like Arcam, etc.
Again, from research, no auditions, I have been told the psb subs are a bit overpriced for what they are. I've been pushed more towards HSU and Svs. The only subs I have had the chance to audition are an 18" Elemental Design and a 10" Polk i think it was. The ED didn't do anything special for me. It was in a sealed enclosure on 1500 watts, which, for the system it was in, was stupid.

All I'm running is a Marantz NR1403 receiver, which is 50 rms x 5, conservatively rated, but I see no reason for more than 500 watts on the sub. Even that sounds kind of retarded with the rest of the system.

As for the PSB's, I'm in love with them. I went and spent a little extra on the B6's, and I am beyond satisfied with them.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM #1890
qu1cks1lver56
Me llamo Patrick

We were PSB dealers, sold a lot of it. Good stuff, I have some olllllld 6.5" 2 ways that still sound great. Actually been thinking about throwing them in the shop for a work radio.

But in home, tons of power isn't needed. The 1 Subseries 1 I have in my bedroom can be felt on the other side of the house.

I can't remember the model, but KEF has a sub that goes with our biamped fronts that's finished in the same cherry wood, and it sounds really nice.
The older 12 inch version of this, I think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEF-Q400CH-P...em3a78e 1f839

Granted, in home I'm all about balance and tonal quality, but an 18" indoors is stupid. A 15 really is, too. The Definitive 15" we used to use on the HT setup was only like 150 or 200 watts and it was incredibly loud in the house.

And I've never understood why so many people love Polk and Kilpsche. I hate both of those brands, never been impressed with anything of theirs.
hi
Closed Thread