Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 AM #106
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Boss
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Its snowing again, but that little bit of freezing rain we had is really wieghing down the trees.
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM #107
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Boss
robs45 supports DLX Technology
140 paid teams for Galveston so far, looking like a good start. Plus seems like more xball than 5 man teams, been about 3 years since I have seen that.
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 AM #108
sean000020
outlawsportz.com
 
sean000020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan
Annual Supporting Member
sean000020 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sean000020 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont think I'll ever make it to a psp event ... No teams that play it want to pick me up. =(
__________________
Check Out - outlawsportz.com
Black Spire - Click Here
sean000020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 AM #109
a.casper7
 
 
a.casper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan
a.casper7 plays in the PSP
a.casper7 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean000020 View Post
I dont think I'll ever make it to a psp event ... No teams that play it want to pick me up. =(
I'm finally getting back to PSP events. Glad to be.

I did have a ton of fun playing USPA though. "True" Xball again was sweet. Would really like to see that again at PSP but that probably won't happen.
__________________
Tippman Effect #25
NPPL HB Open 2013 - D2 2nd NPPL Chicago 2013 - Semi-Pro 2nd
NPPL Las Vegas 2013 - Semi-Pro 1st

a.casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM #110
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Boss
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean000020 View Post
I dont think I'll ever make it to a psp event ... No teams that play it want to pick me up. =(
Because of your skills, or dedication and commitment? Most times it is the latter that teams do not pick people up, with the high cost of playing.
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 AM #111
DJ Paris_82
Professional Photographer
 
DJ Paris_82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Rapids Michigan
Annual Supporting Member
DJ Paris_82 is a Paintball photographer
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 posts videos on PbNation
DJ Paris_82 is Legendary
DJ Paris_82 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
are you attending IMS this season? I know plenty of the events are outdoors.
Sorry missed that man....

Yes I will be at all the outdoor events... IMS2 will be fun, I have an MMA Event to cover on the 5/5 6pm-midnight, day before ims2, sleep in the provided suite. Did i mention how much I love doing MMA LOL.... Then get up drive from lansing to Hell for IMS2. GLS of course is the same day, but I am having my second photographer cover that! Super busy weekend.
__________________
DJ Paris_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 AM #112
a.casper7
 
 
a.casper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan
a.casper7 plays in the PSP
a.casper7 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Paris_82 View Post
Sorry missed that man....

Yes I will be at all the outdoor events... IMS2 will be fun, I have an MMA Event to cover on the 5/5 6pm-midnight, day before ims2, sleep in the provided suite. Did i mention how much I love doing MMA LOL.... Then get up drive from lansing to Hell for IMS2. GLS of course is the same day, but I am having my second photographer cover that! Super busy weekend.
Why won't you do indoor events?
__________________
Tippman Effect #25
NPPL HB Open 2013 - D2 2nd NPPL Chicago 2013 - Semi-Pro 2nd
NPPL Las Vegas 2013 - Semi-Pro 1st

a.casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:45 AM #113
jesus01
That guy
 
jesus01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lansing, michigan
jesus01 is playing at Living Legends VI
jesus01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VI
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.casper7 View Post
Why won't you do indoor events?
poor lighting causes lackluster photos is what he says.

no clue personally as im not a photographer at all.
__________________
"That guy"
jesus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 AM #114
jesus01
That guy
 
jesus01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lansing, michigan
jesus01 is playing at Living Legends VI
jesus01 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VI
jesus01 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by robs45 View Post
140 paid teams for Galveston so far, looking like a good start. Plus seems like more xball than 5 man teams, been about 3 years since I have seen that.
dont forget to bring your umbrella for me to share in the bleachers
__________________
"That guy"
jesus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM #115
a.casper7
 
 
a.casper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan
a.casper7 plays in the PSP
a.casper7 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by robs45 View Post
140 paid teams for Galveston so far, looking like a good start. Plus seems like more xball than 5 man teams, been about 3 years since I have seen that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus01 View Post
dont forget to bring your umbrella for me to share in the bleachers
Bring a couple extra this year... You know i will be utilizing some shade as well.
__________________
Tippman Effect #25
NPPL HB Open 2013 - D2 2nd NPPL Chicago 2013 - Semi-Pro 2nd
NPPL Las Vegas 2013 - Semi-Pro 1st

a.casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:11 PM #116
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Boss
robs45 supports DLX Technology
oh don't I know it, I can't figure out how I end up in the blazing sun and you guys in the shade.
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:26 PM #117
X A N A T 0 S
Travis Dixon
 
X A N A T 0 S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 810 So Mich
Annual Supporting Member
X A N A T 0 S plays in the PSP
X A N A T 0 S plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic View Post
Were you trying to slap the moustache off since all of a sudden you looked in the mirror and said, "Hey, maybe Travis is right?" Haha

And if this pertains to the BPS thing, I remember a specific situation in which you were the only one shooting 4+ pods a game on 15 with your XSV Geo. First I was like wuh? Then I was like AHH . And then I was like Ohh.
__________________
Chicago Distortion 1st Place CHI'14!!
-Cru Paintball-

Like New Guns Sale! Custom Vanquishes! Rare G6rs, VX Clones, DARK EDITION Ego
X A N A T 0 S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:48 PM #118
msonic
one case one kill
 
msonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the sticks, michigan
Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Until someone got hissy when they got bunker in the face by me. Then I was asked to turn my gun down because they are used to playing a lower ROF.....



still got that day on film too. Much fun.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 PM #119
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Boss
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Haters are always going to hate.
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 PM #120
msonic
one case one kill
 
msonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the sticks, michigan
Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
It's because I am a minority.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:20 PM #121
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Boss
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic View Post
It's because I am a minority.
pedostache
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 PM #122
DJ Paris_82
Professional Photographer
 
DJ Paris_82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Rapids Michigan
Annual Supporting Member
DJ Paris_82 is a Paintball photographer
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 posts videos on PbNation
DJ Paris_82 is Legendary
DJ Paris_82 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.casper7 View Post
Why won't you do indoor events?
The main reason why I (along with other pro PB photographers such as Aman) don't do indoor photos often honestly its to much work with ZERO pay out to me at all. On top of that it takes twice as long to ensure proper color correction along with making sure the photos are sharp and clear! My equipment (camera alone cost $2100, lens $1100) has much higher chances of getting damaged with or with out covers. I also end up getting shot up far more. All for what $50 if im lucky?? NO THANKS!

Now some fiends do pay me to come and do photos, which is very nice it helps cover gas food ect. Then whatever teams have hired me is just a bonus, and often if a field hires me I discount team photos since the field aided in helping off set the costs. But Not all indoor fields do this, or will even discuss paying me directly from their facility pockets. They just want the teams to pay for it.

Why do all that when I can go book an MMA event that pays me $250-$500 for one night of photos!!! I go home spend the entire day editing MMA photos, but its ok b/c I was PAID for my time and services. Then all the MMA fighters get to go and download the photos for FREE because the owners pay for it already.

It would be nice when one day when fields hold events THEY STEP UP and pay for the photographer so the players dont have too.
__________________

Last edited by DJ Paris_82 : 02-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.
DJ Paris_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 PM #123
a.casper7
 
 
a.casper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan
a.casper7 plays in the PSP
a.casper7 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic View Post
Until someone got hissy when they got bunker in the face by me. Then I was asked to turn my gun down because they are used to playing a lower ROF.....



still got that day on film too. Much fun.
not going to lie... That was actually me. In my defense it seemed a lot faster than 15. Once I heard that it was 15 I actually didn't care. But they already said something to you.

So i will say a little pissy yes but not completely. I think more like WTF that didn't seem right. Then the overall bunkering just sucks. Just saying.

Looking back on the situation it really wasn't worth the whining. Infact i would probably do the same.
__________________
Tippman Effect #25
NPPL HB Open 2013 - D2 2nd NPPL Chicago 2013 - Semi-Pro 2nd
NPPL Las Vegas 2013 - Semi-Pro 1st

a.casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:34 PM #124
a.casper7
 
 
a.casper7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan
a.casper7 plays in the PSP
a.casper7 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Paris_82 View Post
The main reason why I (along with other pro PB photographers such as Aman) don't do indoor photos often honestly its to much work with ZERO pay out to me at all. On top of that it takes twice as long to ensure proper color correction along with making sure the photos are sharp and clear! My equipment (camera alone cost $2100, lens $1100) has much higher chances of getting damaged with or with out covers. I also end up getting shot up far more. All for what $50 if im lucky?? NO THANKS!

Now some fiends do pay me to come and do photos, which is very nice it helps cover gas food ect. Then whatever teams have hired me is just a bonus, and often if a field hires me I discount team photos since the field aided in helping off set the costs. But Not all indoor fields do this, or will even discuss paying me directly from their facility pockets. They just want the teams to pay for it.

Why do all that when I can go book an MMA event that pays me $250-$500 for one night of photos!!! I go home spend the entire day editing MMA photos, but its ok b/c I was PAID for my time and services. Then all the MMA fighters get to go and download the photos for FREE because the owners pay for it already.

It would be nice when one day when fields hold events THEY STEP UP and pay for the photographer so the players dont have too.
I completely understand you trying to protect your equipment, especially your high dollar stuff. And not to mention getting shot excessively.

Just thought id ask. I do not know about photography in any shape or form and wanted a better understanding. So thank you.
__________________
Tippman Effect #25
NPPL HB Open 2013 - D2 2nd NPPL Chicago 2013 - Semi-Pro 2nd
NPPL Las Vegas 2013 - Semi-Pro 1st

a.casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:39 PM #125
DJ Paris_82
Professional Photographer
 
DJ Paris_82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Rapids Michigan
Annual Supporting Member
DJ Paris_82 is a Paintball photographer
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 supports Team VICIOUS
DJ Paris_82 posts videos on PbNation
DJ Paris_82 is Legendary
DJ Paris_82 supports Empire
NO problem! Everyone always asks, so I figured I would completely explain it once and for all

As always I am trying to help paintball grow locally, and im working on projects with local and national companies to help make that happen.
__________________

Last edited by DJ Paris_82 : 02-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.
DJ Paris_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 PM #126
msonic
one case one kill
 
msonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the sticks, michigan
Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.casper7 View Post
not going to lie... That was actually me. In my defense it seemed a lot faster than 15. Once I heard that it was 15 I actually didn't care. But they already said something to you.

So i will say a little pissy yes but not completely. I think more like WTF that didn't seem right. Then the overall bunkering just sucks. Just saying.

Looking back on the situation it really wasn't worth the whining. Infact i would probably do the same.
YES! A NAME TO THE FACE!

at least I know who you are now.... lol

Hey, Chris told me 15 capped was A-ok. So I was all bout it bout it.

Didn't I only hit you like 2 in the mask and 1 to the chest? I know it was less than 5 total on you. Then I ran and shot your snake guy once in the back.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump