UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D3 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
We would have to out source all our manual labor to rebuild the ruins to Chinese and Mexican workers because were to lazy
Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 AM #23
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGILBERT93 View Post
Can you guys clear this up for me? I'd like to hear from active duty members and what they think of this subject.

Why do people expect the troops to be treated like celebrities when one is unfortunately killed? Pictures like this have been floating around for a while now and many people agree with them. Now I don't know if this is unpatriotic or not, but I think these things are a bit overdone. I myself have not joined the military, but have much respect for anyone who is enlisted. But my view is, people who join the military know their risks and don't join for the fame. They join to fight for their freedom. Can I say this is correct? People who die fighting for their country should get all the attention they deserve, but this shouldn't mean people have to bash others fame because of accomplishments they made.

Please, Please, Please don't take any of this the wrong way. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys!...
What you describe is the dark, false side of patriotism. There is a title for it, I just can't remember it for the moment. Jingoism?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM #24
Cima2oo3
USAF 2W051

has been a member for 10 years
What pisses me off is that the media and our population treat these celebrities like they were about to cure cancer. Yes, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, and Whitney Huston were talented performers, but they were also drug addicts and a pedophile.

I don't think its that we want to be treated the same, we just want more than "and in other news, more soldiers died in Afghanistan."
Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 AM #25
spyder20
the magical mystery kind

spyder20 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
She got half mast. THAT pisses me off.

Chris christie is a piece of ****.. same fat **** trying to ban the second amendment and put fluoride in drinking water
/sidenote

Stupid crack head got what she had coming.. no respect for idiots who abuse pills and snort cocaine.. while drinking alcohol
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 AM #26
KingTomis

KingTomis supports our troops
I agree wholeheartedly with everyone in here.

That said, I hate ****ing service members that post attention grabbing bull**** like that. A family member, a civilian that feels that way, fine, post away. But if you are in the military and post **** like that your a self cock sucking attention whore.

For whatever you join, it sure wasn't to be a rock star, and it wasn't for the attention, so stop filling facebook with so much "look at me, I'm in the army, oh woe is me, no one cares about me" ****.

Most of the people that do that have never been deployed, and if they were they were never in any real danger. Yet these ****ers are the ones posting that pic, or making wall posts about service to your country and valor and other gay crap when they were so far removed from actual war fighting it's sickening they have such a high opinion of their own self.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 AM #27
Deathmoney07

Deathmoney07 plays in the PSP
Deathmoney07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathmoney07 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder20 View Post

Chris christie is a piece of ****.. same fat **** trying to ban the second amendment and put fluoride in drinking water/sidenote
You mean you don't like fluoride in the water so your teeth can be all nice and pearly?
Deathmoney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 AM #28
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTomis View Post

That said, I hate ****ing service members that post attention grabbing bull**** like that. A family member, a civilian that feels that way, fine, post away. But if you are in the military and post **** like that your a self cock sucking attention whore.

For whatever you join, it sure wasn't to be a rock star, and it wasn't for the attention, so stop filling facebook with so much "look at me, I'm in the army, oh woe is me, no one cares about me" ****.

Most of the people that do that have never been deployed, and if they were they were never in any real danger. Yet these ****ers are the ones posting that pic, or making wall posts about service to your country and valor and other gay crap when they were so far removed from actual war fighting it's sickening they have such a high opinion of their own self.
I post things on my face book page, mostly because I dont want to let people forget that there are men and women over there holding the wall and they deserve a prayer or a thought and maybe that will influance them to be a more active role.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 AM #29
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The people who post it on FB that I see either do it to be cool, have a family member in the military, or is some psycho weird *** ROTC ***** who thinks she actually is worth something.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 AM #30
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballty99 View Post
My perspective......I don't really care.

People apply their emotions, etc. to whatever and whomever they feel attached to.
Emotions are for communication, not decision making or policy influencing.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 AM #31
spyder20
the magical mystery kind

spyder20 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmoney07 View Post
You mean you don't like fluoride in the water so your teeth can be all nice and pearly?
Only if it comes with brain damage as advertised
Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM #32
Deathmoney07

Deathmoney07 plays in the PSP
Deathmoney07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathmoney07 supports our troops
^lulz. I've told so many people that fluoride is bad for them when ingested and they just laugh and tell me I'm crazy and that I'm wrong...I tell them to go research it(which they never do)...I guess they've drank too much tap water and the fluoride has had its desired effect.
Deathmoney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM #33
ZGILBERT93
THE REAL GRAPEFACE

ZGILBERT93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:

This is pretty much why I posted this thread. These photos are plastered all over Facebook from kids I graduated with that are acting like their **** don't stink. They have been in the forces for less than a year and they seem to be acting like they forgot where they came from. Posts like "I can't believe you people whining over so-and-so when " " did this for his country. When 6 months earlier before we graduated they are flinging paper across the room and drawing dicks inside textbooks.

Holographic Red Dot Scopes....http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post70841823
ZGILBERT93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 PM #34
KingTomis

KingTomis supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
I post things on my face book page, mostly because I dont want to let people forget that there are men and women over there holding the wall and they deserve a prayer or a thought and maybe that will influance them to be a more active role.
I dont mind the occasional, and for you it's by all means alright as it's not a self-serving reason.

What I'm talking about are lower enlisted that only post that stuff to seek attention and to try and line up some ****s to bang when home on leave.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM #35
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
****s to bang when home on leave.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:22 PM #36
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
The stuff like that is almost always made by:

boots.
Family members/wives of military.
Friends of military.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 PM #37
akruse21

akruse21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
I dont mind the occasional, and for you it's by all means alright as it's not a self-serving reason.

What I'm talking about are lower enlisted that only post that stuff to seek attention and to try and line up some ****s to bang when home on leave.
Like the guys walking through the mall during the middle of the day in uniform hundreds of miles from a military installation.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 PM #38
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Military Wives!
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM #39
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
Quote:
This is pretty much why I posted this thread. These photos are plastered all over Facebook from kids I graduated with that are acting like their **** don't stink. They have been in the forces for less than a year and they seem to be acting like they forgot where they came from. Posts like "I can't believe you people whining over so-and-so when " " did this for his country. When 6 months earlier before we graduated they are flinging paper across the room and drawing dicks inside textbooks.
Yes and it's so much classier of you to be cynically judgmental of them and put them down to complete strangers on the internet.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 PM #40
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I love it when people graduate Basic, OCS or CMB I and are all like, "I R AFFLICSHUN MASTAR MMA STAR!!!!!"
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM #41
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
When 6 months earlier before we graduated they are flinging paper across the room and drawing dicks inside textbooks.
You act like that changes when you get in. I've drawn some pretty funny dicks in the guard tower. The fire breathing dick dragon being fought by the dick man with his dick shield and dick sword were great.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 PM #42
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I bet you wear ACU backpacks out in public