Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2015, 05:30 PM #1
BaconCHEEZBurger

Houston Heat after new pickups and PSP rule changes

Does anyone else think after the drastic changes the PSP made for 2015 the Russians are being overvalued? The new format is completely outside of what the Russians have ever been used to. No coaching and no ramp is one thing, but I think the ability to not find "bounce" shots by having field layouts released well before the event and other secret shots like over pins and what not might really level the playing field.

Does HH have much depth from players from the old NPPL series? I mean Thomas played in it with XSV and I think will be a huge asset to the team. I don't think the All-Americans ever played NPPL?

It just seems like the new rules are giving an inherent advantage to older teams like Dynasty or Impact. Who knows maybe aggressive teams will be back on top with the slower ROF...
BaconCHEEZBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2015, 01:03 AM #2
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconCHEEZBurger View Post
Does anyone else think after the drastic changes the PSP made for 2015 the Russians are being overvalued? The new format is completely outside of what the Russians have ever been used to. No coaching and no ramp is one thing, but I think the ability to not find "bounce" shots by having field layouts released well before the event and other secret shots like over pins and what not might really level the playing field.

Does HH have much depth from players from the old NPPL series? I mean Thomas played in it with XSV and I think will be a huge asset to the team. I don't think the All-Americans ever played NPPL?

It just seems like the new rules are giving an inherent advantage to older teams like Dynasty or Impact. Who knows maybe aggressive teams will be back on top with the slower ROF...
not sure if AA played NPPL or not, but ramping was introduced in the mid 2000's to PSP. I think it was 2005-2006
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:09 PM #3
Tim40
All-American Forever

Tim40 is a Professional paintball player
Tim40 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Tim40 plays in the APPA Pro division
Ramping came into the NXL in 2004. Actually it was full auto for a few years.

But, the All-Americans did play the NPPL. And a few of us played the 7 man with Impact as well. Other players have come from very successful no coaching environments as well.

The new format changes are awesome and we're really excited for them!
Houston Heat #40

LOTS OF CHEAP GEAR FOR SALE

CLICK HERE
Tim40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 PM #4
mulletman
Recball Superstar

Yall do realize the All Americans were winning pro tournaments before it got out of the woods? Now I don't know how many of the Houston Heat players that came from the all a's were around before nxl but I just wanted to clear up any confusion regarding how long the all a's have been around