PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-11-2015, 05:41 PM #1
Captain Kirk

Vforce grillz or JT proflex?

Hey everyone,

I just got back into paintball at the start of the year and bought some low end mask that cost me like $25, with the intention of buying a better one in time.

It looks to me that time has come, as I cannot find that mask anywhere.

I've looked around and found 2 masks that I'm interested in, the vforce grill and the jt proflex, but I can't decide which one to get. What are your thoughts?
Ricky, Sunnyvale Trailerpark

Last edited by Captain Kirk : 08-11-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2015, 01:11 PM #2
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper helped look for balloons
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
As a long time proflex user (10+ years), I switched to Grills last year.

They fit my face much better and I don't feel that the lens difference matters.

I definitely don't miss the massive face shield on the Proflex that was always on my marker or getting in my way... the grill fits tighter to your chin.

/edit to add:
The picture to the left there <- shows me wearing a pair of eflexs (which are basically a proflex with a better lens system).
Those are what I was wearing when I swapped to Grills, but they're pretty much the same as a Proflex except for lens size and how you swap the lens.

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!

Last edited by DarkRipper : 08-12-2015 at 01:13 PM.
DarkRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:35 PM #3
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
dreadmuppet has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Try them on, everyone's face and head are different.

Personally I prefer the Grills. Both probably fit me about the same comfort wise. The Flex lens is a pain and the Grill HDR lens has phenomenal clarity.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
Did we take video or photos of you looking awesome? -->NHW Paintball Facebook
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 04:35 PM #4
zcason

Both masks are great options and you can't really go wrong with either one. I personally never really trusted the soft bottoms on the flex, so I switched to the grillz just because the extra peace of mind gives me the confidence to make bigger moves under heavy fire. The grillz lens change system is alot easier too and if like me you wear glasses the foam has cutouts for the arms. However the flex does breath alot better than any mask I have seen and are very popular with most players at my local field.
zcason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM #5
Captain Kirk

Thanks for the input guys, I was already leaned toward the grillz (my brother had the grillz a few years back before I was really getting into the sport and they seemed great from what I remember) gonna have to order some soon!
Ricky, Sunnyvale Trailerpark
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM #6
AudioKAY

has been a member for 10 years
depends. there are certain pros and cons of each. but Ive found less cons with my current eflex.

with the grillz the only thing I didnt like was through time, the foam tends to shrivel. but its definately a good mask, very breathable and looks awesome.

with the flex, ive used that for years, same with the foam, it shrivels the more you use it. but the awesome thing about flexes is that the frames are cheap, you can always pick up a new one and have new foam. as zcason mentioned, the protection on the flex bottoms are not as good, but I think the eflex is a step above. If you have someone shooting hot, and it hits your face or mouth youll definately feel it.

I say dig around on the pbn boards and you might be able to find a pair of eflexes, or whatever mask your interested in for a reasonable price.

hell I bought mine for $35 from a guy on here a year ago and it was in pristine condition. you just have to be patient.
AudioKAY is offline   Reply With Quote