Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-19-2014, 11:41 AM #1
Elasticgraph

HK replacement foam/visor

Hey so I just figured I would let people know. I was having slight problems with fogging in my KLR's and the foam had peeled off right away. When I messaged HK I was asked to send them a copy of my receipt (no big deal I figured its a proof of purchase thing) so I gladly did and was notified my parts (lens and foam) would be shipped to me. I thought sweet I get all new foam which would stick better and a new blue thermal lens that wouldn't fog any.

Well after waiting over a month (I Live in Kansas btw, shipping normally takes about 5 days from California) I gave up on HK and figured they had ignored me. Nope I got a new foam kit and lens but... I only got the top foam strip and a clear lens. Sweet...what about the bottom foam and am I really wanting to use a clear lens on a bright sunny day with no visor or anything? Kinda the reason I got the tinted lens...

Disappointed with how this was handled. Just figured people would want to know what it means when your told you would get replacement parts.
Elasticgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2014, 03:00 AM #2
poorballer900
Axe + CASH!!???

poorballer900 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
poorballer900 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is a non-answer, but HK customer service is crap. Maybe if you email them again they'll send you the bottom piece. But please understand that the foam will fall off once again, and then you'll be buying a new mask. Good luck though.
poorballer900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:03 AM #3
Kurty

Sorry but thats not true. HK Customer Service is very good from my Point of view.
I emailed them and got 2 Lense and Foam send to Germany fro free as recplacement. It took them Overall 4 Weeks, but they didnt had the Parts in for the first 3 Weeks. Heard from other People that they recieved it nearly same time.

If you only got one Lense, then you probably didnt told them, that you have and needed more then one Lense.

For Bottom Foam - there is no new "exchangeable" Bottom foam, therefor they dont replace it.
To reglue it once and for all is quite easy - roughen up the Plastics (either use rough sandpaper or a use a knife carefully) - use either a good contact glue, or specific Plastic glue afterwards.
If you dont have any, ask at your Local field where they have Rentals. (They have to fix the rental masks quite often)

HK didnt do a perfect Job on the Foam glue, but on the other side, the Mask is extremly easy to clean from paint rests.
Once the foam is properly glued, it stays on
Kurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:41 AM #4
Elasticgraph

Different people different experiences. Just trying to inform people of mine.
Elasticgraph is offline   Reply With Quote