PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 04:17 PM #43
rutley12

rammer and bolt

I understand the price is a little much,but i cant loose money. I shipped one to "Havoc " today for free for being understanding and not getting upset with me.It cost me $6.10 to send it USPS priority mail. I will reduce the price to $100 with free shipping. A rammer and bolt for other high end guns would cost that. If i sell all ten in a timely manner. I will use income tax money to make a bigger run wich will bring the price down pluse the machine shop will not have to make a CAD for the parts,or develope a setup method to make a second run which will also reduce the price! I also have a new front block that has more than double the air volume of the original front block. I am having two made for my guns,If people show interest in them i will have a second run on them i will post price before i do a second run on them. The price will be much less on the second run,than i will pay for my two.Thank you for the vote of confidence!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2012, 12:22 AM #44
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Dam, yea that's a little rich for my blood for a 5+ year old backup gun upgrade. My g6r has a few upgrades it needs first, plus if the oled comes out for this... I get the costs for them being made, guess I thought you were making them yourself. Good luck with these. The biggest factor especially at that cost is reliability is a large unknown. On a light day I will run through 2-3 cases, and up to 6 sometimes myself. Multiply that by 2 then every weekend and your looking at 25,000 cycles a month easy. V1 rams had cracking probs, but will be very curious how these hold up. Some comparison vids are a must.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 AM #45
rutley12

MY mistake for making upgrades for a gun that is no longer made and very few people own.But my legend shoots smoother than your g6r,the bolt for your gun weights moore than all 3 of my parts. And i have used my parts for years,and FYI alluminum bends not cracks and the tool steel striker is harder than stainless it is what they use to cut stainless steel!I pm a few people that were nice and sent them a set for free .Luckly my prov patent covers all alluminum rams with a harder metal as a striker, I to own a timmy and am making prototye for the gen,3,4and 5 models.you have gave me a hard time since i first posted this thread,saying the pooty bolt was better the only change he made was one oring. My bolt is ventura weighs 15 grams has an inproved air port with two o'rings! pooty said the second o'ring could not be added because the o'ring extends into the feed neck! Look at your timmys they have o'rings at the front of the bolt ,that pass completly thru the fee neck and back! Unless your saying your timmy bolts are flawed pooty must be wrong! The only problem with my parts is i dont have the money to market them right! The next parts i make will be for timmys.And people keep inmind when questioning durability the ram strikes a pin that has a sring holding in place, not a solid piece of metal and the bolt strikes a paintball that brackes when you drop it,not a ballbearing!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:55 PM #46
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Aluminum cracks as well as bends. Aluminum at a cold temperature going through high stress rapid movement will crack. Again, was the problem with v1 rams. I am not knocking on this to be a "hater". Simply for a product that visually resembles a part I personally had shear in half in my first legend. Never said pooty bolts are superior to all other but like I told you in here and a pm, taking the ability away to pull a pin ad remove the bolt tool less detracts a fair amount and goes against the ideology of this marker. Simplicity. I will personally take a bolt that is a hair less efficient, louder, and rougher on paint over one that I can not remove mid game. Keep in mind, everything I have said is personal opinions, you came onto a public forum which is powered by just that. People getting together talking about there own opinions and preferences about the sport they play and love.

Shot smoothness is not everything. Feel, efficiency, sound, speed, the company themselves. I am sure after these parts and tuning it shoots better then stock, has to, but it will never out shoot a tuned g6r or many other markers. Some things are also intangibles that can not be described.
That is why I purchased my g6r. Like I have mentioned before, I love my legend, this is my third as was in the first 15 to buy one when they came out. Played in many tournaments with them and they perform very well. It is still fun as when it came out, majority of the people at fields have never even heard of them let alone seen one.

I do hope these work, this whole time I have always said I am very interested in them. But for that cost personally it is not worth it. For many others it will be though. For me it also comes down to the fact that it is a private small run. If in two months cracks develop I am not covered by a company like TechT. Then just out some money, worst case with a internal failure you turn your legend into a all metal blender inside.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 PM #47
rutley12

All five people I said would recieve free parts to test will get them. allready sent a set to Havoc! It costs me $6.10 to ship them. I will ship the other 4 sets on the 3rd USPS priority,with delivery confermation.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:07 PM #48
rutley12

Havoc you have had the parts for a week why have you not acknowleged recieving the parts and what you think of them?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:14 PM #49
briaschu1

briaschu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
briaschu1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Rutley, per your request, should you decide to send me parts to review.

Address removed, I did also PM it to you.

Last edited by briaschu1 : 03-30-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: removed address
Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 AM #50
rutley12

Iwill send you the bolt and rammer, plus a new spring, Please in exchange wright a review. I sent a set to Havoc delivery confirmation.He has not given a review or even acknowleged he recieved them.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 AM #51
rutley12

I wasnt thinkiing when I said post your info on my thread! feel free to PM it!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM #52
Havoc.

Pm'd twice Rutley. Seems we had some miscommunication-been on vacation all of this week and just read your PMs.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 PM #53
rutley12

pbbuddy I am putting you on my ignore list all you have done is hassle me and call me a liar about Glenn.And critisize my parts! After you hear how well they work please dont order a set!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 PM #54
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
LOL. I am so hurt. Again this is a public forum where people express their opinions and thoughts. Personally I would not by the ram if it was even $40. As a backup/fun marker that my Legend is I can not justify the price. But many people use it as a primary, have some tax return cash laying around, or just want to try something new like this. Personally do not recall ever hassling you, simply talking about the product you put out. Out of many of the people on here, yourself included, I have owned Legends far longer. Had a V1 rammer fail on me, so without any real photos and no videos along with nobody using one besides your claims there will be many reservations.

Funny thing is several times I have said I hope these parts work and last. And might I add Rutley, in a pm you sent me awhile back you said no hard feeling or anything and that discussions are always good. And even in your words I pointed out something you were worried about, the bolt not being tool-less removal. Also why would you care if I ever bought one? In the end it is money in your pocket. But like I mentioned unless you can get the price cut in half you do not have to worry about me buying them. I never called you a liar either, I said simply that over the years in my dealings with Glenn he has been one of the most reputable people I have met in the industry and in such was hard to believe everything transpired in the way you described it between the two of you.

But good to see you can take constructive criticism, talk openly about your product and the techniques you claim were used to make the parts and can act in a professional manner when dealing with your products you hope to sell.

Last edited by pbbuddy12 : 03-30-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:22 AM #55
seanr

$100 when this gun can be had for $200~...try re-thinking your marketing, as well as being overly rude to everyone that has any questions or concerns about your product, price or otherwise.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:55 AM #56
rutley12

You obviosly never read pbbuddy posts.HE called me a liar,he told me pooty bolt was his because he polished it and added an o ring, he said if the bolt could be made lighter pooty would have done it,he said how could i change glenns bolt and call it mine."you look at my bolt and tell me its not my design" He called me a liar about makeing a deal with Glenn,then sending glenn pic of my parts and then Glenn stoped talking to me! I know the new legend will be like an ego with no front block ,but same legend internals because Glenn disscused it with me and about useing my bolt and rammer! I was not rude to pdbouddy, I am not on here to argue,And i paid $750.00 for my legend and $100 for a bolt ,rammer and sping that make the Legend shoot like the gun I thought i was buying in 2009 is a little high but price those parts for other high end markers.You must look at your legend like its a cheap spyder. Some of us that paid $750 look at it as a high end marker! Please dont come on here to argue if you have questions about the parts great! But what is your first post not guestions or concerns about my parts, but to call me rude and basicly stupid for makeing parts for a dicontinued gun. If you have any guestions please ask.But PLEASE dont come on here to call me rude and stupid!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 AM #57
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Haha again mis reading things and taking other things purely personally. Can not recall anyone myself included saying you are stupid. Off of your math, I used to have a angel LCD. If I make a few internal parts for it I can sell them for the price of a1 parts because I bought that marker when it was new, ignoring the current market value. This has gone way off topic. In my posts and pm's we exchanged I said over ad over I was simply discussing it and not attacking you rutley. As to pooty, he does minor modifications to bolts that mainly just reduce breach wear, some increase the back seal. I have only seen him call one bolt, the ego true soft tip, his own bolt and that is because there really isnt a thing stock on it. Never said yours is not your own but in America today it is either a patent or nothing.

In reality this sounds like you have had two legends, thought I can improve them. Who doesn't. Drew up some plans, went to a local shop who machined them. Used them and liked it so much you wanted to sell them. In my opinion the proper way would be make videos and pictures first. Ask people what try think, feel out if there is enough demand. Find a target price then work from there. But hey, what do I know, just have a business major.....
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM #58
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 is Legendary
But back to the original point of the thread. Anyone use these today?
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 AM #59
Havoc.

I'll be putting my set through a day's use next Saturday. Rutley is sending out better fitting orings and a lightened spring to myself and I assume the others selected to test the parts as well.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 PM #60
rutley12

Havoc I will send orings and spring prioritymail tomarrow u should recieve them friday.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:18 AM #61
913boyd

913boyd is BST Legit
913boyd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
913boyd supports DLX Technology
I was one of the five initial testers for rutleys bolt and rammer. Rutley sent me the parts and i jes received them. Under first inspection the parts look nice. The bolt feels a lot lighter than the stock and the ram part looks to be machined very well. I will get these parts in my hk sat or sun and give a review by mon. Thanks again rutley.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:18 PM #62
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Oooh, new stuff.

Interesting...

If I get a new legend soon, I'll def. be looking into these.

Hopefully you'll keep us posted with technical info, vids and such?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM #63
rutley12

It has been to long since i used stock parts in my Legend.Could someone tell me what PSI it takes to chrono at 280 -300.
Closed Thread