Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-17-2012, 09:26 PM #1
phantommaggot

Please identify this electronic frame.

Hey, I found this in a parts box i picked up..
WTF is it..
LOL

It has semi, 3 shot burst, Full auto, and turbo ramping.
Board sets to up to 15 bps and has loads of other options.

Thanks..
-J

Bubblegum Pink Halo/Reloader shells. Rare
phantommaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2012, 09:39 PM #2
DMex
AKA: Ando

BOOYAA ELCD frame

Toss it. Not worth the time getting it running. You need a special on/off for it and trying to use a RT on/off is hit and miss.
DMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 PM #3
phantommaggot

So it wouldn't be worth $25 if I put it up for sale?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM #4
DMex
AKA: Ando

Find out
DMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 PM #5
phantommaggot

Is now for sale
Here
Old 02-18-2012, 03:34 PM #6
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMex View Post
BOOYAA ELCD frame

Toss it. Not worth the time getting it running. You need a special on/off for it and trying to use a RT on/off is hit and miss.
Ive found they work pretty well with emag valve and on/off.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:41 PM #7
Zondo
One of 8 bosses...

Should hook up Commander_Bubbles with it so he can get his running
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:55 PM #8
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ii want one i have went through hell and back just bringing my mag back and i am constantly fixing realy old setbacks eventhough it was made in at least 04 so i would be willing to do some extra work with one of those
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 AM #9
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
A buddy of mine had one of those frame on his mags years ago and it ripped.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM #10
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post
A buddy of mine had one of those frame on his mags years ago and it ripped.
Ripped what?

...you sure he didn't have an actual Centerflag frame?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM #11
THE MEANSTREAK
TEAM MEANSTREAK

THE MEANSTREAK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE MEANSTREAK supports Team VICIOUS
THE MEANSTREAK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
All the center flag frames that showed up around here sucked ***, four of us had boo-yah's and they all worked awesome. mine is still ripping. look in my sig if you need to get an idea of what the on-off needs to look like
THE MEANSTREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 AM #12
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEANSTREAK View Post
All the center flag frames that showed up around here sucked ***, four of us had boo-yah's and they all worked awesome. mine is still ripping. look in my sig if you need to get an idea of what the on-off needs to look like
Yeah yeah we've been laughing at your price on AO for a while.

So you know, I've met the joker (no pun intended) who made the Boo-Yaah frame and they are cheap essentially cheap unlicensed clones with more problems than the guy who was behind their creation. I don't know what bone you have to pick with Centerflag, but almost every big-name Automag airsmith stands behind them and they have a great following because they were and are a functional well made product. My guess is you haven't actually used one.

Boo-Yaahs work well when they've had the solenoid replaced, the trigger modified or replaced, and a new board installed - even then they're overly bulky and have a poor finished quality. I've seen Boo-Yaah frames come and go at under $50 for years now; Centerflags will go 3-4 times that. There is a reason for that.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM #13
THE MEANSTREAK
TEAM MEANSTREAK

THE MEANSTREAK supports Team VICIOUS
THE MEANSTREAK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Have ya, how sweet. Your probably one of the same guys that was offering me $600 for my X-mag over there also.

I have no bone to pick. I just expressed an opinion based on the two centerflag frames that I owned they sucked. The first one got sent back because it wouldn't even fire the mag.

We still have two boo-yahs, Original solenoids in both, never modified or replaced any triggers in the four we had....and they are still using the stock boards. Mine probably has easily 400,000 shots. They are kinda big.....but so am I.

You pick your prices, I will list mine, if it doesn't sell for what I want oh well, I'll just use it another 10 years.
THE MEANSTREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:52 AM #14
azzias

azzias is a Supporting Member
Frames

I have used and modded 7 boo yaah/ mako frames. I have also had a center flag frame as well (I was a dealer for them). I have to say the boo yaah is better. The center flag was only able to shoot 9bps in any mode that was not semi. The mech safety was a hassle. The boo yaah on the other hand had issues but they were easily fix and for little or no money.
Some pluses of the frame
Light weight and heavily milled. Only 4oz bare.
15bps modes not just in semi

Problems and solutions
Trigger is a little loose as stated above the issue is not really the trigger whos side to side play is about average, the issue is the mount for the micro switch it is too loose making consistent shots difficult. To fix this remove the pins tap the holes and install set screws to hold the micro switch (cost 4-6.00) center flags switch is mounted this way.

Trigger is stiff- the micro switch that comes with frame is bad as most stock frames micro switches are. The boo yaah uses a horrible switch a 80gram Omron switch fixes this
(cost 8.00)

It was mentioned that the solenoid is weak. The issue is not the noid it is a standard noid used in most frames that use this type of noid. Boo yaah had a bad wire connector. Solder the wires directly to the board this fixes the problem.

It was mentioned that the boo yaah needed a special on/off. While this is true so did the centerflag in fact you were supposed to send in your gun to center flag so they could install the frame as it required a lot of tuning. The boo yaah did not have this option so it got a bad rap. These frames only worked with the standard valves. Of course this was before the ult (which is what the frames on/offs were trying to do anyway) so the solutions is obvious use the ult this fixes most of the issues with both frames. In fact with the ult you can use a lower rated cap and even remove some of the coil wire as with the ult the coil is way over powered. The frame must still be tuned but it is a lot easier with the ult. This is the only way to use either of these frames.

The problems with the frame feeling thick is not the frame its the grips if you sand the edges of the grips the frame will feel very comfortable.

For very little cost the boo yaah can be made into an awesome frame. Here is some cheap fixes.

Add bearings to the trigger use team losi rs4 bearings and set screws. Cost 6.00
This results in 0 side to side play and super smooth action.

Set screws for the micro switch mentioned above.
Omron micro switch also mentioned above

Solder wires also mentioned above.

Use a 9 volt lithium battery gives the frame plenty of power and is lighter than a standard 9v.

Crazy mods to further improve the frame

Use a lipo battery this gives a lot more amps to play with. I use a 3 cell at half charge I have not been brave enough to run it at full charge 11.1v

The solenoid can have the sides removed so it is flush with the frame it looks cool and allows spd grips to be used ( I had some made so they are on file at SPF) you also need the lipo mod for this to work.

The frame can be milled and a virtue board can be installed.

With the virtue board eyes can now be used.

I put a plated on the Automag sear to give the noid more surface area to use I'm not sure if it helps or not as I did not try it the stock way.

I installed ball bearings and set screws on the sear to eliminate its wobble. This is a pain in the butt mod to do and it took several tries and different types of bearings for it to work reliably since the sear is hardened machine shops won't enlarge the hole for the bearings I had to do that myself (the pro sears holes are to big for the bearings)

You can have a great mag for a very little cost. Most of these mods don't work on a center flag frame. And with the mods it works better than a Pneumatic mag it's also lighter and less complex.
my current guns-geo w/geo2 bolt,invert mini,electro automag,nova 700, aci mayhem, tiberius 8,6 pro carbines,metadyne havoc,metadyne thumper, mortar than shoots 900 yards (fun) carbon fiber scuba tank. hp compressor
wtb assault 80

Last edited by azzias : 05-22-2012 at 03:09 AM.
azzias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 PM #15
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

What bearing size did you use on the sear? I'm interested in knowing.
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 AM #16
azzias

azzias is a Supporting Member
Bearings

I believe they are 3x6 mm
my current guns-geo w/geo2 bolt,invert mini,electro automag,nova 700, aci mayhem, tiberius 8,6 pro carbines,metadyne havoc,metadyne thumper, mortar than shoots 900 yards (fun) carbon fiber scuba tank. hp compressor
wtb assault 80
azzias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM #17
MagFan
Schoolin' Fools Since '98

Thanks a bunch man
Joshua 24:15
"But if you don't want to serve the Lord, you must choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."

~PROUD member of the NRA~
MagFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM #18
kcorean

avvias,

I just purchased one of the BOO-YAAH grips that includes a modified RT sear (I don't know what "modified" means since it hasn't been delivered yet). Would you be interested in performing the mods you listed on my grip and if so how much?

Thanks,
Kelly
kcorean is offline   Reply With Quote