Old 09-19-2015, 12:55 AM #1
davethewave12321

Ding Fries Are Done

Some goodies to get everyone excited.

OLED sccreen.

Rev 4 board is complete videos coming.

Rev IR3.1

Courtesy of my machinist:

Last edited by davethewave12321 : 10-22-2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: updated pictures.
davethewave12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2015, 07:56 AM #2
Grizle
FROSTFACTORYCOMMINGSCOON

has been a member for 10 years
reflective eye? very awesome if so for stealth eye installs.

ANGELS I WANT
Element Angel LCD, Rocky LCD, Rocky Ir3', Eclipse LED, Angel V8, Adrenalin Feather LCD,

MATRIXS I WANT
Entity, Kapp Flame, Tequila, Tequila Sunrise, Freeflow Lockout, Image Matrix, Freeflow Matrix
Grizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:20 AM #3
davethewave12321

yea, Ive really gotten tired of seeing people drill holes in the sides of their angels to install break beam eyes. the reflective eye I use is really high quality and you can adjust the sensitivity from a about a 1/2 inch away down to touching the sensor. I figure people are always giving reflective eyes a bad rap, but if you have full control over the sensitivity there should be no issues.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:44 AM #4
theflash

theflash is a founding member
Nice job. Seems there's a few of us with side projects going on...
Old 09-20-2015, 11:10 AM #5
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends IX
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
 is playing at Dead Legends
beautiful work dave.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:54 AM #6
rkj1974

Hmmmmm, that Adrenalin looks familiar.
rkj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:29 PM #7
davethewave12321

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj1974 View Post
Hmmmmm, that Adrenalin looks familiar.
dont worry, I have a test mule that which will get the internal eye installed before I am comfortable modding the Adrenalin.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:58 PM #8
Methodcaptain

plays in the NXL
Methodcaptain plays in the APPA D4 division
Methodcaptain supports Shocker RSX
Methodcaptain supports Ninja Paintball
I love seeing new developments for "old" markers.

Way to go Dave!

WANTED: Blue and Green angel A1 FLY grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working condition.

Still playing for you DAD (6/10/57 - 11/17/06). We all miss you.
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:02 PM #9
teamaddicted

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethewave12321 View Post
dont worry, I have a test mule that which will get the internal eye installed before I am comfortable modding the Adrenalin.
If you don't want to use one of your own markers PLEASE allow me to step forward and donate one to the cause. I have been interested since you started this project and would love to see a reflective "no wire" eye install on one of my LCD's
teamaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM #10
davethewave12321

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamaddicted View Post
If you don't want to use one of your own markers PLEASE allow me to step forward and donate one to the cause. I have been interested since you started this project and would love to see a reflective "no wire" eye install on one of my LCD's
tell you what, lets wait until Rev3.1 is here and I'll send you one. I'll also Include milling instructions.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:55 PM #11
Trevor

What kind of fine tuning adjustments can be made with your board?
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:57 PM #12
davethewave12321

Right now: Rate of fire up to 24 Bps; after that ROF becomes UNLIMITED. There is a SEMI and AUTO mode, with plenty of room to grow.

Break beam eye sensitivity, let's you adjust the threshold distance at which a ball is detected, break beam doesn't really need that sort of adjustment. I just wrote the break beam code last night so I haven't implemented an eye delay yet; that is coming soon. You can select the eye logic mode using a dip switch if you are in the eye menu.

The dwell can be adjusted, I just changed the bounding values last night so I'll have to get back to you on the range.

There is a cycles menu that lets you know how many shots have been fired since the last time you reset the counter. There will be a master shot counter which cannot be reset except through a reprogramming cable.

The hardware is present for a tournament lock, but I haven't had time to write the code yet.

There is an external auxiliary port on the board so there will be options in the future for add-on accessories like intelifeed, or in my case it's going to be used to blink the led on the Adrenaline Angel Back plate. It can blink in the traditional manner, or it can be set to blink with PWM indicating the presence of a paintball in the breech.

For intelifeed it would require the use of a custom driver board, which I'll probably make way down the road. The aux port would send a digital signal to the driver board and that would cause the loader's motor to spin. Keep in mind that the loader will need it's own battery, but a single 9V in the loader will do the job.

There is definitely a lot to work on, but I'm already heavily invested in it so the software will only get better. There are a few frilly dumb things that I want to add to the software; sort of an homage to WPD in their glory days.

Right now I'm working on this other project that I'm not too thrilled about, but it's similar to this in subject matter and scope. I have to use the MSP430 from Ti for that. The upside is that I'm learning how to use a more industrial microprocessor and it can be set up to run on 1.8V which is great for power conservation, but it's really REALLY challenging to write code for because its like REALLY low level C code. Might as well be written in assembly as far as I'm concerned. Hell, that would almost be easier. The down side is that the MSP430 is basically inferior to AVR chips in almost every respect save power consumption and that the MSP430 is a 16 bit microprocessor; both reasons I could care less about.

Last edited by davethewave12321 : 09-24-2015 at 11:58 PM. Reason: grammar, because android's autocorrect sucks
Old 09-25-2015, 08:08 AM #13
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
dave awesome work. If you need anything for the tourney lock code or other code let me know.

I am fascinated by the breakbeam. Would love this.

*edit just re-read your post.. never mind about code. Low level c- ugh.

Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
Old 09-25-2015, 09:15 AM #14
teamaddicted

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
tell you what, lets wait until Rev3.1 is here and I'll send you one. I'll also Include milling instructions.
I'm in!
teamaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:19 PM #15
davethewave12321

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancer23 View Post
I am fascinated by the breakbeam. Would love this.
on thing I've learned from the MSP430 is that an analog signal from any sensor whether it be an accelerometer, anemometer, photoresistor, or IR phototransistor, etc all operate on the same principle: a voltage is fed into the microcontroller and once the ADC has done its work the voltage at a particular instance is given a value from 0-(2^10) or 0-1024 for the ATMega 328p (this mC has 10 bit analog resolution)
Old 09-25-2015, 09:11 PM #16
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
sorry, i know how the breakbeam works, im curious how you did the milling

Old 09-25-2015, 09:48 PM #17
davethewave12321

I wasn't trying to be smart. For the featherlight I just bought I did not mill the body channel for the eyes, nor did I counterbore the holes for the eyes. I have done this before in the past though. You really need a manual mill to do the job in a clean way. Additionally, the eye hole locations should be identified on body first (painters tape is a big help here to get the alignment correct. Then a punch is used to mark the body at the hole locations. Then a 3mm hole is counterbored through the body and into the breech but not across the breach to the adjacent hole. Then a slightly larger blind hole is counterbored (this is for the LED/phototransistor lip). Flip the marker over and repeat the process. You should have the marker in a jig while doing this. I recommend using the trigger frame holes to steady the body while milling. Use rags and tape to keep the body in good shape. Milling the body for wired requires the use of the mills x,y translation wheels and a milling bit wide enough for the wires. move the mill very slowly to achieve clean edges. And remember: lubricant/ coolant is toxic but it makes a big difference. (I think this is why most machinists develop personality disorders, this and just having a perfectionist attitude toward the world in general).

Last edited by davethewave12321 : 09-26-2015 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:16 PM #18
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

The "TAG Predator Eye Milling/Drilling Instructions" PDF in the Tech Repository thread outlines the process.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:53 PM #19
gchette

I'm sitting on a Cobra IR3 I picked up for a song and a half I would love to get up and running with the reflective eye. Is it neccesary with today's force fed loaders and most fields capping BPS... No, but I still think it would be cool.

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:19 PM #20
davethewave12321

Although I have a 90 degree frame on hand, and though I could make a board for the IR3, I will admit that Its going to be some time before I get around to it. I have too many work projects going on and none of them are as interesting as this is, but Ive gotta do what Ive gotta do.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:35 PM #21
gchette

Quote:
Although I have a 90 degree frame on hand, and though I could make a board for the IR3, I will admit that Its going to be some time before I get around to it. I have too many work projects going on and none of them are as interesting as this is, but Ive gotta do what Ive gotta do.
No worries at all. I suppose you need eye logic for the reflective eye and a simple adapter wouldn't solve it with a stock A4 Fly + board. Best case a hack where an intermediary board translates the signal from the reflective eye and pulls the receiver line to the gun's board low.

WTB: Red Angel G7 Avalanche (Dark G7) Grips
WTB: G7 45* Frame
gchette is offline   Reply With Quote