Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 11:43 PM #1
jimbo213
 
 
jimbo213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
In need of A1 Advice

So I've been having this A1 for like a year now. Ever since i bought it, it has had bolt stick. I changed/cleaned breach seal, still has the bolt stick. So I'm guessing it's a bad ram.
My questions are:
Should i just sale the gun as is?
Should i part it out?
or should i get my hands on a new ram, THEN sale?
I ultimately want to get rid of it because it has cost me quiet a bit! lol, and angel parts are expensive as you guys know. I've had many angels, and i've loved them all, except this damn A1! lol
Any advice would be appreciated.
__________________
"Originally posted by Dead Medic: Dm4 baby! If I run out of paint or my board shorts out, I throw it at 'em. Heavy enough to kill a smaller player."
jimbo213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 AM #2
Slow Z Rally
Gorilla Warfare
 
Slow Z Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cottage Grove, OR
Annual Supporting Member
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slow Z Rally has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You know what caused mine? The pin in the bolt was partway out. Just needed to push it back in and no more problems. Another common issue is the detents.
Slow Z Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:34 AM #3
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor
 
dr.strangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Earth
 has been a member for 10 years
To check if the ram is the culprit, open the rotobreech, remove the bolt, hold the rotobreech securely, and fire the gun while looking down through the bolt pin slot (it'll be very loud - wear ear protection). If the hammer/ram sticks forward when fired then the ram is the problem. If it cycles normally, it's something else.

If it ends up being the ram, doing the rebuild mod would remedy the problem and allow you to rebuild the ram in the future as well. Currently the only person doing the mod as a service is a fellow on here by the username of TeamBigShot. I'm not sure what he charges.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:27 PM #4
Death Merchant
An Angel with a Stiffi
 
Death Merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mendota, CA
Annual Supporting Member
Death Merchant is BST Trusted
Death Merchant plays in the USPL
Death Merchant is playing at Living Legends VI
Death Merchant plays in the APPA D5 division
Death Merchant has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Death Merchant is attending Decay of Nations VII
One of the things we just found was the groove on the shaft of the rams was actually was cut deeper then usual so replacing the o-ring did not seal. Marty wrapped it with Teflon tape then replaced the o-ring. Worked and another a1 up and running.
__________________
Certified A1 Tournament Tech (Moon-trained and proud of it)
Very First A1 Fly produced - Thank you John Rice
Joy Division A1 Fly (Joy to be Held)
Black Velvet A1 - Blue accents (Black Rein)
Surgical Strike branded Stiffi barrel - lightning stik
Joy Division A1, Blue to Black Fade A1, Superman A1, Ironman A1, Stormtrooper A1, 2002 LCD Moon Angel, Black w/Red accents Angel SB (Black Widow)
Owner - Angel Factory Team Surgical Strike
Death Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:57 AM #5
Recluse tha Ripper
killin since 1994
 
Recluse tha Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Stl MO
Ive seen occasional bolt stick with a rotor with seed board and put my buddies reloader on and no bolt stick. Im like uhhhhhh
Recluse tha Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:34 AM #6
TeamBigShot (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Hey thanks a lot Doc! You can always count on receiving dam accurate feedback and means of diagnosis from that guy, trust me! But hey if you indeed need a new ram, I've got one sitting around somewhere around here, I actually didnt rebuild this one, Doc it came in a lot sale I scored on on ebay claimed it was a MKV remember?? Ive yet to try it out to be quite honest, but it seems like its legit.. if you need one jimbo ill toss it to you for cheap... and if it turns out bad, just return it and ill rebuild yours if you'd like... I'm here.. not goin no where haha feel free to send me a message. Goodluck
TeamBigShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:42 AM #7
TeamBigShot (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse tha Ripper View Post
Ive seen occasional bolt stick with a rotor with seed board and put my buddies reloader on and no bolt stick. Im like uhhhhhh
detents?
TeamBigShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:22 AM #8
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor
 
dr.strangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Earth
 has been a member for 10 years
Ahh, yep, I remember that one. Long as it works

I'd also think possibly detents with the loader-induced bolt stick. That's weird though. Could be the tension of the loader on the ball stack. If there's a bit of the 2nd ball in the stack protruding into the breech it could be dragging on the bolt on the forward stroke.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 AM #9
destey
Derek
 
destey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse tha Ripper View Post
Ive seen occasional bolt stick with a rotor with seed board and put my buddies reloader on and no bolt stick. Im like uhhhhhh
I just bought a rotor with seed kit to replace my reloader, lol. What is it about the seed board that causes issues? Do you think it was pushing the ball past the detent? Sometimes I wish they made adjustable detents for different size balls. Some paint from my field is pretty small and I suspect that's what's led to a few chops this year in my g7
destey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:52 PM #10
jimbo213
 
 
jimbo213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
To check if the ram is the culprit, open the rotobreech, remove the bolt, hold the rotobreech securely, and fire the gun while looking down through the bolt pin slot (it'll be very loud - wear ear protection). If the hammer/ram sticks forward when fired then the ram is the problem. If it cycles normally, it's something else.

If it ends up being the ram, doing the rebuild mod would remedy the problem and allow you to rebuild the ram in the future as well. Currently the only person doing the mod as a service is a fellow on here by the username of TeamBigShot. I'm not sure what he charges.
Yea I tried that, and it is the ram. Also has new détents forgot to mention. I basically ruled the cheapest things out, now just left with the ram lol.
__________________
"Originally posted by Dead Medic: Dm4 baby! If I run out of paint or my board shorts out, I throw it at 'em. Heavy enough to kill a smaller player."
jimbo213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:53 PM #11
jimbo213
 
 
jimbo213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBigShot View Post
Hey thanks a lot Doc! You can always count on receiving dam accurate feedback and means of diagnosis from that guy, trust me! But hey if you indeed need a new ram, I've got one sitting around somewhere around here, I actually didnt rebuild this one, Doc it came in a lot sale I scored on on ebay claimed it was a MKV remember?? Ive yet to try it out to be quite honest, but it seems like its legit.. if you need one jimbo ill toss it to you for cheap... and if it turns out bad, just return it and ill rebuild yours if you'd like... I'm here.. not goin no where haha feel free to send me a message. Goodluck
thanks bro, ill go ahead and pm you.
__________________
"Originally posted by Dead Medic: Dm4 baby! If I run out of paint or my board shorts out, I throw it at 'em. Heavy enough to kill a smaller player."
jimbo213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump