PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-16-2012, 07:08 PM #1
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
I need shocker help

A friend of mine dropped off his Hybrid SFT to me to try to repair. It sounded like bolt stick, but even after rebuilding the bolt and cleaning the noid it will not fire.

With the dwell at 18ms and the psi around 190 I cannot get the bolt to cycle. When you try to fire the gun it will make a pffft sound and vent air back down near the trigger. I assume the noid is not working correctly. It has a Humphrey noid in it, and I saw nothing wrong after taking it apart to clean.

Everything is installed correctly and I still can't get it to function. Any ideas? The only thing I question about the install is how the manifold goes on.

FWIW it was working until he let his brother-in-law use it. Of course he claims it worked fine for him, we fear he run straight co2 in it.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
AR15 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM #2
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Check the detents. If it still has the stock hybrid adjustable detents make sure the set screws are in place. If they are missing a screw or adjusted to deep the detent wiil stick to far into the breech and not allow the bolt to fully cycle.

Try a fesh new battery

Make sure there are no tight fitting orings that touch the bolt.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM #3
brrain
green shirt kid

mine did this too after a let it sit for a while. it turned out to be a poorly fitting o ring on the inside of the sleeve or can.
brrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM #4
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrain View Post
mine did this too after a let it sit for a while. it turned out to be a poorly fitting o ring on the inside of the sleeve or can.
I'll check that. The detents aren't even in it right now, so that can't be the problem.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
Old 02-16-2012, 07:40 PM #5
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Since the gun does cycle a noid problem is unlikely so I would rule that out until you have exausted all other options. Since the detents are ruled out I would have to say its a bad oring problem. The ones to check for a tight fit are inner sleeve, inner can, bolt sail and the 2 small ones on the tip of the bolt guide. When relubing make sure not to glob it on there, to much lube can cause bolt stick. The orings should just look wet.

Is the bolt sprung?

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM #6
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

I must have put the wrong size oring on the bolt inside the can. It is working fine now.

Now to list it on the BST for him.
ALL MY GEAR IS FOR SALE
Old 02-16-2012, 09:37 PM #7
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post
I must have put the wrong size oring on the bolt inside the can. It is working fine now.

Now to list it on the BST for him.
Glad to hear that your Shocker issue was resolved -- chances are that if a Shocker has issues with shooting that it is likely due to an Oring (in most cases a SINGLE Oring), but more often than not the likely culprit seems to be the bolt sail Oring. Furthermore, some folks get easily deterred from wanting to fix a Shocker after rebuilding it (i.e., replacing the Orings) because after doing so did not remedy the problem, and the irony in that is that not all Orings are made the same..the only thing I can suggest to them is to keep trying different Orings for the moving parts (e.g., bolt, bolt sleeve interior, and firing can interior), and of course coupled with a general base line of dwell and input pressure. Food for thought for others

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 PM #8
kool_aid22
#1 Hater

kool_aid22 is BST Legit
kool_aid22 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
kool_aid22 is Legendary
kool_aid22 supports Empire
Mine use to do that. I determined it to be the hybrid bolt guide. It doesnt provide a nice seal like the stock one does. I can ship u a stock bolt guide for 15 if u want
kool_aid22 is offline   Reply With Quote