ReplyNews Ups

Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM #1
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Exclamation Service Announcement From Zodiac Paintball Concerning Counterfeit Paintball Guns

THIS IS A MESSAGE THAT WAS ASKED TO BE ADDED:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole69
"Our plan of action is to allow consumers, who may have been mislead into purchasing one of the unauthorized ZR-1 models, upgraded parts and a warranty. The upgrades will not be free, but they will allow us to properly warranty the marker as if it was sold directly from ZodiacPB.

We are committed to our current and future customers and we are actively working on this issue as well as our next product releases. We will be distancing ourselves from the forum to allow us to focus solely on working directly with our customers and handling the rest of this matter as privately as possible. Our main objective was to inform the public while a solution was being executed. Hindsight shows we may have inadvertantly caused the public concern with the confiscation comments. We apologize for the concern and poor verbatim. Thank you for your support and we look forward to impressing you in 2012 and beyond."

Customers looking for more information or to get service, please:
Email - Cole@zodiacpb.com
Visit - Zodiacpb.com & Click Login/Register

Cole

EDIT: This was posted by the manufacturer accused of selling counterfeit guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignofire View Post
There are no Zodiac guns to hit the market anywhere in the world except the ones that Zodiac is selling so you have nothing to worry about. Second is I said I was going to sell them and I will but not with Zodiac logos or Coles patented bolt system as I want to keep this as clean as possible, but I must recoop the losses created by Zodiac.

Mike

Quote:
CONSUMER SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM ZODIAC PAINTBALL CONCERNING COUNTERFEIT PAINTBALL GUNS

Zodiac Paintball, creators of the ZR1 paintball marker, have recently become aware that there may be several hundred UNAUTHORIZED COPIES of their paintball gun – including proprietary components – entering the paintball market in the United States.

Zodiac Paintball would like consumers to be aware of the presence of these markers, methods to identify them and its policies regarding them.

In late 2010, Zodiac Paintball contracted with a Taiwan-based manufacturing company – Qi Jiang Technologies LTD/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball, (the company has had numerous name changes) owned by Michael Spurlock, Wu Chin Min, Tsao Ying-Tse, Yeng Chen Wen – to perform manufacturing services for producing the ZR1 paintball gun and associated force-feed loader. That manufacturing agreement included the specifications for the gun and the terms under which Zodiac would pay for the markers, the manufacturer’s responsibility for meeting the required specifications and the methods by which Zodiac and the manufacturer would resolve disputes.

It was additionally agreed that Zodiac Paintball would provide the manufacturer with certain components supplied by third parties to incorporate into the marker. Those components supplied by third parties included proprietary electronics.

Without getting into laborious detail: Zodiac subsequently refused to accept delivery of nearly 300 guns due to repeated failures on the manufacturer’s part to correct machining errors. (A partial list of the contracted specifications and what was actually produced by Qi Jiang Technologies/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball, is available upon request.) Zodiac initiated proceedings that invoked non-delivery penalties on Qi Jiang Technologies/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball and ultimately requested the return of third-party components.

Following numerous delays, it became apparent that Qi Jiang Technologies/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball was not returning the components and was not going to correct the manufacturing errors, forcing Zodiac Paintball to, among other things, begin filing claims for stolen property as well as other actions designed to protect their design and property.

While this was on-going (through 2011 and into the beginning of 2012), individuals associated with Zodiac Paintball were made aware of an offer from individuals associated with Qi Jiang Technologies/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball to supply several hundred electronic paintball guns for re-sale. Based on the proprietary nature of the gun being offered and subsequent investigation, it became apparent that the guns being offered were the same as those Zodiac Paintball had refused to take delivery of.

Finally; Zodiac Paintball has learned that several other individuals in various locations in the United States were also offered these guns for sale and that one or more of those individuals may have made arrangements to accept delivery of them.

The non-working, non-specification copies of the ZR1 paintball gun that Zodiac Paintball refused to accept delivery of from Qi Jiang Technologies/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball are not the property of Qi Jiang Technologies/NY Industry LTD/Machine Paintball and are not theirs to re-sell. Not only do they remain the property of Zodiac Paintball, but they contain several patent-pending, proprietary components (critical to proper functioning) that either remain the sole property of Zodiac Paintball or were licensed by Zodiac Paintball for their ZR1 markers and not for use with anyone else’s markers.

Due to all of the foregoing, Zodiac Paintball feels it has a responsibility and an obligation to the paintball industry and paintball consumers to take the following steps:

1. Zodiac Paintball requests that all current owners of ZR1 paintball markers contact the company to obtain upgraded components. The upgrades will correct certain manufacturer’s flaws (errors Qi Liang Technologies/NY/Machine Paintball failed to correct during initial manufacturing) and, at the same time, insure that AUTHORIZED ZR1s are easily distinguishable from UNAUTHORIZED copies.
2. Zodiac Paintball will not be responsible for repairs, replacements, maintenance work or upgrades for UNAUTHORIZED copies of ZR1s. Any unauthorized copies of the gun received by Zodiac Paintball, its distributors or retail dealers will be confiscated as stolen property.
3. Representatives of Zodiac Paintball have contacted various league organizations and have requested that they enforce the in-house rules and regulations against the use, sale and distribution of product that infringes on intellectual property at their own events: this may very well result in banning the use of and/or the confiscation of UNAUTHORIZED ZR1s.
4. Because Zodiac Paintball ZR1 paintball markers contain patented and patent-pending technologies, any and all individuals involved in the distribution, sale and use of UNAUTHORIZED ZR1 paintball guns could be subject to legal penalties for patent infringement.

Zodiac Paintball regrets that it finds it necessary to make this announcement. Fortunately, there is a simple solution: ONLY purchase a ZR1 paintball marker – the only paintball marker with a wireless connection between the marker and the loader –Zodiac Paintball or its authorized dealers and distributors.

A complete list of those authorized to re-sell ZR1 markers is provided on the Zodiac Paintball website. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of a paintball gun branded as the ZR1 – contact Zodiac Paintball.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A ZR-1 ZODIAC PAINTBALL GUN

Immediately contact Zodiac Paintball to insure that your product is registered properly*
Make arrangements to have your marker up-graded with in-spec parts
Contact fellow players who have ZR-1s and inform them of the current situation
Keep an eye out for counterfeits

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON PURCHASING A ZR-1 PAINTBALL GUN

Contact Zodiac Paintball for a complete list of authorized dealers & re-sellers BEFORE making your purchase
ASK your supplier where they obtained the marker (if it is not on the list, contact Zodiac Paintball)

Preferred contact information here:
Zodiac Paintball Inc.
Ken Hefferle- Director/CFO
Heff@Zodiacpb.com
201-396-1380
Please note, I am not associated with Zodiac Paintball, Ken posted this on his facebook and being helpful, I posted this here to help spread the word.

Last edited by GetBunkerD : 02-23-2012 at 07:18 PM.
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 PM #2
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Good they are being pro-active about it and supporting paying customers and owners.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM #3
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
it seems that most companies who contract taiwanese-chinese companies to manufacture for them get the shaft. the exact same thing happened to the hostile rogue. except the company is now selling them under their own name, hostile inc.

hopefully this inspires companies to use domestic manufacturing.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:19 PM #4
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wigglestick View Post
it seems that most companies who contract taiwanese-chinese companies to manufacture for them get the shaft. the exact same thing happened to the hostile rogue. except the company is now selling them under their own name, hostile inc.

hopefully this inspires companies to use domestic manufacturing.
finding quality mfg's here domestically, that don't charge 100k an hour... is a bit of an issue.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM #5
The Wigglestick
I'm ya huckleberry...

The Wigglestick plays in the PSP
The Wigglestick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Wigglestick posts videos on PbNation
The Wigglestick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD View Post
finding quality mfg's here domestically, that don't charge 100k an hour... is a bit of an issue.
isn't the zr1 a $1200+ gun? eclipse can manufacture in house and still turn out a $1250 gun. and thats in the UK. these asian companies must work for peanuts, and profit must be more important than turning out quality.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 PM #6
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac Paintball
...Michael Spurlock...
That may be the problem right there. I seem to remember that he's been involved in a lot of, shall we say, less than shining paintball deals.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 PM #7
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
That may be the problem right there. I seem to remember that he's been involved in a lot of, shall we say, less than shining paintball deals.
you hit the nail on the head pump.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM #8
BrOkEbAllEr916

Annual Supporting Member
BrOkEbAllEr916 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
BrOkEbAllEr916 posts videos on PbNation
BrOkEbAllEr916 plays in the APPA D5 division
they should've known , Asia is bootleg central. : dodgy:
Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM #9
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Let me get something straight. If I buy a ZR1 for a dealer(My local field or online store) and it turns out it was counterfeit, Zodiac will confiscate it? You realize how big of a PR nightmare that will be right?

Finally, you are not going to share with us how you know if the ZR1's are counterfeit or not?

*EDIT* BTW the ZR-1 is a $999 gun

Last edited by noclue119 : 02-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:39 PM #10
GrimReafer

GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
So, how would people have gotten their hands on these counterfeit ZR1s? As in what would be the dealer to consumer relation?
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:49 PM #11
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Let me get something straight. If I buy a ZR1 for a dealer(My local field or online store) and it turns out it was counterfeit, Zodiac will confiscate it? You realize how big of a PR nightmare that will be right?

Finally, you are not going to share with us how you know if the ZR1's are counterfeit or not?

*EDIT* BTW the ZR-1 is a $999 gun
Yep, they will be taking their stolen property back. As they should.
The PR nightmare should be saved for the scumbag that sold you stolen ****.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM #12
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophooligan View Post
The PR nightmare should be saved for the scumbag that sold you stolen ****.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM #13
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophooligan

The PR nightmare should be saved for the scumbag that sold you stolen sh!t.
Agreed. It doesn't look good on Machine Paintball's part either now. It's more bad rep for Mr.Spurlock.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 PM #14
Brad Quillen

Bob Long's guns are made here in the USA. And he sells some of them for less than the price of the ZR-1. Then there's not only PE, but Vanguard as well, that make their markers in the UK and sell them for a similar price... and aren't Macdev guns made in Australia?

Gear can be manufactured stateside, and still allow a company to stay afloat. Supporting American manufacturing helps our economy.

IMO, this is an outrage that the entire paintball community needs to know about. You can bet I'll be sharing this information with my friends at my home field.

Last edited by Brad Quillen : 02-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Brad Quillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:58 PM #15
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Quote:
The world isn't always black and white.

Anyways it would help if they had some website/phone number to help people who are thinking about buying a new or new to them ZR-1

*edit* the post below demonstrates the problem you have.

Last edited by noclue119 : 02-16-2012 at 03:00 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:58 PM #16
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
Quote:

What if that scumbag is someone here on pbn who has no idea of the origins of the marker?

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 PM #17
Desperado_Ghost
Professional Professional

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
There were a few of us who saw this coming.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 PM #18
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Quillen View Post
Bob Long's guns are made here in the USA. And he sells some of them for less than the price of the ZR-1. Then there's not only PE, but Vanguard as well, that make their markers in the UK and sell them for a similar price... and aren't Macdev guns made in Australia?

Gear can be manufactured stateside, and still allow a company to stay afloat. Supporting American manufacturing helps our economy.

IMO, this is an outrage that the entire paintball community needs to know about. You can bet I'll be sharing this information with my friends at my home field.
Yes, Macdev manufacture their own markers in AU. Seems the majority of high end markers are made locally or in-house, which is good to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed Jones View Post
Is this perhaps the same people that screwed Hostile out of the Rogue by chance??
From what I can tell from the PR, no, this has nothing to do with Hostile Creations, or the OEM of their markers. It is however, almost the exact same situation that they went through.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.

Last edited by L_x : 02-16-2012 at 03:26 PM.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:29 PM #19
Ken Hefferle
Master Blaster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
The world isn't always black and white.

Anyways it would help if they had some website/phone number to help people who are thinking about buying a new or new to them ZR-1

*edit* the post below demonstrates the problem you have.
Read the announcement at the top of the page or visit the website at www.zodiacpb.com and register your ZR 1, it is that simple. If you are thinking of buying one from a dealer or someone other than an authorized dealer then you are risking it being confiscated. That is simple enough.
Ken Hefferle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM #20
Ken Hefferle
Master Blaster

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Quillen View Post

The price of the ZR1 is on our website at $999....thanks
Ken Hefferle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM #21
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
All of my markers speak English...
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.