Community Focus

Old 06-14-2014, 06:43 PM #1
ixipaulixi

Annual Supporting Member
ixipaulixi is BST Trusted
ixipaulixi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ixipaulixi has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Runaway R/T

I put a R/T on my Salvo, tuned it, and took it out to play a few weeks ago. It worked perfectly until about halfway through the game. At that point it started shooting automatically when I would do a single pull on the trigger.

I took it home and took it apart and noticed that the sear had popped off of the pin. (I'm not sure if this happened while I was playing or while taking it apart). I put the sear back in place and closed up the marker and R/T was firing fine during my test.

A few days later I remembered I forgot to oil it when I had it open, so I opened it up and was applying oil when my 3 y/o daughter ran up and squeezed the oil in my hand and sprayed it all over the internals. I wiped up all of the excess oil and closed up the marker, and now its running away again while testing. I opened it up and everything was still in place as it should be.

Basically, is this a symptom of having way too much oil? (I can open it up and completely disassemble and wipe everything out.)

I've also read that it can be caused by a worn out sear/hammer. I bought the marker brand new about a year ago, and it's only had about 6 cases through it, so I don't imagine that's the issue. (I can replace the sear and hammer if necessary, but don't want to waste money if that's not the problem.)

I can provide any pictures of any component if that will help the diagnosis.

List of mods: (in case the info is needed)
Clicky pen spring mod
Cyclone Feed
R/T

I am also using HPA, I have a CO2 cannister, but haven't tested if it happens with CO2 as well.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM #2
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Hmm, sounds like perhaps a worn sear, how old is the marker (how much use). Could be a slightly worn sear with the combination of too much oil.
The R/T shouldn't have anything to do with the run away, the R/T doesn't have have relation to the firing cycle by itself, It needs human interaction.
R/Ts do tend to wear the sears faster since they tend to shoot more. That would also explain why it happened after a few games.

Last edited by Twaltz628 : 06-14-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Twaltz628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 PM #3
Jay2014

You said the sear came off the pin. Check to make sure your sear spring is in correctly. It should push the sear up against the bolt.
Jay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:57 AM #4
ixipaulixi

Annual Supporting Member
The sear was pressing against the bolt when seated. I may just replace the sear, sear spring, and rear bolt for good measure. Has anyone had any expetience with the TechT rear bolt? I may take this opportunity to upgrade to it.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:09 AM #5
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Annual Supporting Member
Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
I can't answer the question regarding the techT rear bolt, but I did want to mention that it is good to do some research on the parts first. For a while I thought I was "upgrading" my A5 by putting aftermarket parts in it when my gun didn't seem to work right. Eventually I realized that some of the parts were just junk (not necessarily all of them) and I put all the internals back to stock. The only time my R/T ever worked is when the gun is internally stock.

Long winded statement for basically saying, it might not hurt to stay stock.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:45 PM #6
ixipaulixi

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaltz628 View Post
I can't answer the question regarding the techT rear bolt, but I did want to mention that it is good to do some research on the parts first. For a while I thought I was "upgrading" my A5 by putting aftermarket parts in it when my gun didn't seem to work right. Eventually I realized that some of the parts were just junk (not necessarily all of them) and I put all the internals back to stock. The only time my R/T ever worked is when the gun is internally stock.

Long winded statement for basically saying, it might not hurt to stay stock.
Point taken, I just ordered the stock parts from tippmannparts.com. Thanks! Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:09 PM #7
Jay2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixipaulixi View Post
Has anyone had any expetience with the TechT rear bolt? I may take this opportunity to upgrade to it.
I had one of the first generation TechT Zero Kick Hammers. It did reduce recoil and allow faster firing cycles with the R/T but I had trouble with low velocity. I ordered the weighted insert from the gen 2 ZKH and that raised the velocity but the insert broke. I got another one and that broke too so I gave up and went back stock.

Then I got a crossover and I don't use the A5s anymore....
Jay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 AM #8
Tombstone82

Annual Supporting Member
Tombstone82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It could also be that the sear was bad to begin with. It does happen.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 AM #9
ixipaulixi

Annual Supporting Member
I replaced the rear bolt and the sear, but I'm out of air so I can't tune it. I'm going to a field on the 13th of July so hopefully that resolved it. Thanks for the help everyone!