Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2014, 03:00 PM #1
Dan Thomas

Is a tipx worth it

Does anyone else have a tipx, i'm thinking of getting a side arm to go with my dm13. I was just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on the idea.
Worth the investment??
Dan Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:50 PM #2
nerve2030

purely on the point of "Worth the investment??" To me Yes playing mag fed is quite fun.

Now what I am reading between the lines is A. your new to the sport right? B. Your thinking when you run out of paint in the dm you can switch to the side arm.

So my responses to those are
A welcome
B Its quicker to dump a pod of paint into the hopper than it is to unholster puncture the 12 gram and load a mag.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3912255
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM #3
Dan Thomas

Yes i am new to the sport. Creepy ha ha. I love my dm but i really like the look of a tipx just because lol. At the moment i am only playing woodsball
Old 03-08-2014, 05:45 PM #4
nerve2030

Well you can kinda spot that kinda stuff when you have been around as long as I have.(playing since 94) I too went thru the phase of oh I should get a side arm rather than reload but in practice its just not practical.

That being said its still worth the investment just so you can switch up your game every once in a while or have a nice solid backup in the unlikely event your DM goes down.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3912255
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:39 PM #5
dtpbmasta
DELTA SQUAD

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
i have been playing since 94 also ive owned about every gun and played all modes of play i now own 2 tipx 1 has a mrt bolt the other gunhead fs block i love them so much i have sold my other gear and now run light so yes i recommend them if not for a primary then as a back up or to put a edge on your game and run pistol one time really makes you take them shots

Tippmann TIPX, MRT Bolt, zetamag, remote adapter
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM #6
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What I've seen is a lot of guys getting them as sidearms, and then just never using them. Once they realize they never use them, they sell them.

In order for it to be an effective sidearm for you, you need to practice with it. You need to know it as well as you know your DM. Take it out on a few open days and get the feel of how it handles. Learn to be patient with your shots, aim, and reload all while under pressure. Paintball is a completely different animal when you're using only a pistol.

If you take the time to practice with just the pistol, enough to become comfortable with it, yes it is worth it.
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro.

Last edited by PaperBoyWS : 03-11-2014 at 04:19 PM.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM #7
Dan Thomas

Thanks for the advice. I am looking at buying one in a few months once i am used to my DM. Only just replaced my GOG with it
Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM #8
Davld

Sorta late to the punch here, but TiPX play is just plain amazing. I run two, and I haven't even touched my main marker in SOO long. It just changes up the entire game, and makes you actually take good shots, and not spray down field.
Davld is offline   Reply With Quote