PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 AM #1
apparitions

X7 Phenom Issues

Hello,

New to the forum! I picked up an X7 Phenom this past weekend after deciding to finally upgrade from my Sierra One. Unfortunately, I've had nothing but issues with it out of the box.

Symptoms:

Chopping paint (mostly on full auto)
Very bad air efficiency

I've gone through tons of forum posts to try and figure out what's wrong. I've taken this marker apart numerous times and have done all the suggested modifications (cut ball detent, sanded meathook, sanded feed chamber, added custom detent, sanded bolt). I've gone through every nook and cranny and can't figure out what's wrong. I've taken the cyclone apart as well. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
apparitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 AM #2
Ridingmac

I've read about people having issues about the cyclone not feeding fast enough for the x7's full auto. The bolt chops the paint since they are not fed fast enough.

Can't help ya for the gas issues. Sorry
Ridingmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:12 AM #3
apparitions

Thanks Ridingmac for the reply.

Any ideas to remedy the cyclone issue? I should also mention something I noticed when I was troubleshooting. I hooked up the Phenom to CO2 and was getting good air through. Switched back to HPA and the air was weak (sounded like pfft). The cyclone was still rotating, but just VERY weak. I had to crank up the velocity to get it back to where it was. I had never touched the velocity prior to that.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:53 PM #4
jaybird661

the hose fitting might be the problem with the cyclone feed. the stock fitting has a smaller porting so less air gets through. its something to start with and an upgraded hose fitting isn't that much
jaybird661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:23 AM #5
apparitions

So the marker started leaking out through the back, and started shooting extremely hot. I turned the velocity all the way down and it made no difference.

I ended up bringing it to the Tippmann booth at Wasaga this past weekend. After the first unsuccessful repair, they ended up swapping in a new FlexValve assembly. No more chops in the breach/chamber, leaks, and velocity issues. Had some barrel breaks on full auto, but that's probably because of crappy paint and weather.

Last edited by apparitions : 08-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.