Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2015, 12:31 AM #1
Beowulfis1

Tippmann A5 air problems, please help!

So I recently bought a warrior remote line for my Tippmann A5, I hooked every thing up and when I went to fire it, nothing fired out except it kept making a weird sound while it was shooting air out, but not the same as if you were firing it without paintballs normally. This kept happening every second while the marker was cocked back untill the tank was empty. I also recently had problems with the cyclone feed not feeding, not sure if its because im using Co2 and not HPA (to lazy to fill my HPA tank).

I was using a 12 oz Co2 in somewhat cool weather and using .50 Cal paint (playing with friends who never played before hence the .50), new parts and somewhat new A5. It was working a few days before.

Last edited by Beowulfis1 : 07-09-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Beowulfis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 AM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just so I understand, you are using 50 cal paint on a platform that is designed for 68 cal paint?

I am way lost at your explanation of what is going on, I will attempt to break it down to what I think you are saying:

- You purchased a remote line and hooked it up to your A5 and shot it with 50 cal paintballs.

- When you fired the marker, no paint or air came out. The marker did not cycle (bolt did not move back and forth) and continuously leaked out air without you doing anything.

- You experienced issues with the cyclone not working properly before you used 50 cal paint.

Where to begin...

- Use 68 cal paintballs in a 68 cal marker, use 50 cal paintballs in a 50 cal marker. You don't use 9mm in a 40 cal handgun, it just wont work. You may just be experiencing a funky jam in the system.

- When was the last time you disassembled your marker? If you didn't install the components correctly or you are missing something that will attribute to it messing up.

- Did you have problems with the A5 before you started using the remote? sometimes the ASA plug (part you screw into your marker to feed it air) covers the air ports and starves the system, thus not allowing it to function properly. This will also create problems with the cyclone not feeding.

For additional help, please provide exact step by step details of what you did, what it is doing/not doing or just post a video.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:41 AM #3
Beowulfis1

Alright I just tested it with .68 and the same thing happens. On closer inspectioon of the plug it turns out it does infact cover at least 85% of the air port, but the cyclone feed still does not work. Even when not using the remote line. I have not fully taken the marker apart and cyclone feed, just to clean it but not into pieces.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:55 AM #4
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

So without the remote line, the A5 will cycle but the cyclone still does not work.

How much air do you have left to test with?

Will the cyclone spin when you manually press the reset rod?

Are all the hoses connected to the cyclone piston and body of the A-5?

Does the A5 leak down the barrel?
Old 07-09-2015, 12:31 PM #5
Beowulfis1

A little more than half of the bottle. The cyclone does work when I push the rod and everything is connected to the A5. It does appear to be leaking from the barrel, the barrel is fully tighten down.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:55 PM #6
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

You may have a valve issue then.

From previous experience, If I improperly reinstall the internals and have the hammer press on the valve pin the valves internals can come lose. This has happened to me several times and give the same issues you are experiencing.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5e2PnY8dC4
Old 07-09-2015, 02:43 PM #7
Beowulfis1

Alright cool, thanks for all the help.