PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 PM #1
Blerkoid

Question Phenom Barrel

Hello again PBNation!

As the season is finishing up for me I am looking to buy a new barrel for practice in the off season. Currently I am using the stock barrel.

I thought I had decided on the DeadlyWinds Fibur-X barrel with the freak inserts and the adapter for the X7P. Then I heard that that combo does not work well if you choose to upgrade the bolt. I am also planning to upgrade the bolt to the Techt Pro BK.

Please let me know your thoughts and experiences with different barrel combinations and if you have tried the above mentioned. What works best for you?

Thanks everyone!
Branden
Blerkoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2014, 11:39 PM #2
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
all barrel are more or less the same, really just looks/weight/sound signature are whats different
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:51 AM #3
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
My Tippmanns always benefited from a medium/small bore barrel. Freak inserts never did it for me on them. Right now I run a lapco big shot .687 on mine and it puts paint where I want it everytime.
reshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:10 AM #4
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
You can always get a Freak Kit.

If you wan to wait just a little longer.. Inception Designs is coming out with an A5 threaded barrel and they make amazing barrels.

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 AM #5
TheBicklenator

TheBicklenator supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by reshafer View Post
My Tippmanns always benefited from a medium/small bore barrel. Freak inserts never did it for me on them. Right now I run a lapco big shot .687 on mine and it puts paint where I want it everytime.
Got a lapco on mine to, and it's a quality barrel. I let other people use it to and they are amazed how accurate it is.
TheBicklenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 PM #6
Cyco-Dude

what works best for me is a clean and dry barrel! cp and j&j are good for what they cost. j&j is pretty quiet as well; tons of porting.

lapco makes good barrels; some of the most polished bores i've seen.

does the stock bolt need to be upgraded? is there anything wrong with it? kind of off-topic, but if the stock bolt works fine, keep it and spend the money on something else, like more paint!
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM #7
Blerkoid

Thanks for the replies! Please keep them coming.

There is no immediate reason to upgrade anything other than the barrel. I just want to have that comfort for the future.

Does anyone have experience with the lapco bigshot assault or the DW fibur-x on their phenom? If so, do you have upgrades? How does it work?

Thanks!
Blerkoid is offline   Reply With Quote