PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 AM #1
scull n bones

scull n bones owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Cool low pressure or high pressure tanks

what is considered low pressure and what is considered high pressure? is there any way you can tell the pressure output before you buy? im a budget baller and I have a GOG extcy with a 68/4500 ninja HPA tank. but thinking of upgrading to either a ETEK 4 or JT Impulse. one more thing... is it important to pair certain pressure tanks to a marker?
scull n bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2014, 02:24 AM #2
Cyk101

Cyk101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Low pressure is considered to be around 450 psi. High pressure is around 850 psi. If you have a ninja tank you can adjust the output pressure by removing shims inside the regulator. Just read the manual.
Most guns work just fine with a standard output tank, some guns without macroline suggest low pressure, like the empire axe, although the axe runs just fine with a normal tank. If a tank doesn't specifically say what the output is assume it's normal output.
Unless you plan to buy an angel or some of the bob long guns, you do not need to match tanks to guns.
Cyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:51 AM #3
scull n bones

scull n bones owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
thanks a lot. very helpful
scull n bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:11 PM #4
grantlissoy

grantlissoy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have an impulse and had an ego. They both work great with a ninja set at 850 psi. Nothing to worry about for any of those guns you mentioned. Also the HPR and LPR will compensate for any fluctuations.