Community Focus

Old 02-14-2012, 03:41 PM #1
Axe56
(e)rAwR!

has been a member for 10 years
Axe56 posts videos on PbNation
AM Illusion Questions!

Hey Hey All / anybody happening by...

I'm shooting pump this year and have been using my Illusion with great success/enjoyment.

I am however wondering about the ballstops - every time I pump and wait I have paint rolling out the barrel - making me either recock, or shoot an air biscuit in the place of a shot that could have changed the game.

I've noticed this is due to the placement of the ballstops - they work great until you return the pump to the front position which returns the bolt and pushes the paint right past the ballstops out into the open chamber.

Kinda weird to leave the pump pumped and return it to the front position before I shoot. Has this changed your playing style when using the illusion?
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM #2
boomslang
lo-fi

I've found that finding the proper barrel size is a great advantage. Been a while since I've played, but my J&J barrel kit would allow me to size my barrel bore to my paint and prevent the problem you describe.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM #3
Axe56
(e)rAwR!

Axe56 posts videos on PbNation
just picked up an edge kit myself actually - loving it more and more =] thanks for the reply - glad to see a few of us are still kickin' around.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I'm sure the OP already figured this out months ago, but the ball detents only prevent double-feeds- once you chamber the ball the bolt pushes it past the detents and the only thing keeping it from rolling out is a good fit with the barrel. Fortunately, the Illusion is cocker-threaded, so finding a good tightbore barrel like a Lurker Eigenbarrel is very easy.

I've got my own question though- does anyone know what pressure the stock Illusion likes to run at? I'm considering slapping a regulator on mine.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:46 AM #5
§TOCKCLA§§
All You need is 1 ball

unregulated. 400-600
regulated 290-400
custom valve + regulation. 180-225