Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM #43
spaz22colon
thats ery day

I am a huge bears fan but i am also not ignorant. Last year the bears would not of made it far in the playoffs just for the simple fact the offensive play calling sucked. However this year i do believe they can win the NFC North and have a serious shot at going to the super bowl. However a few things must happen first. Obviously staying healthy is a given. Second they need to pick up some sort of Wide receiver threat. Devin Hester is average at best and roy williams was almost non existant. Johnny Knox was hot and cold. The only player that showed potential was Earl Bennet but after Cutler got hurt obviously Hanie couldnt hit a man wide open. The next thing is THey have to resign Forte. WIthout Forte the Bears will not be successful. and the last thing is they need a decent backup for Cutler. Hanie should be kicked to the door all we needed was to win against prob the easiest teams in the league at the end of the season and he couldnt do it.
spaz22colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM #44
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz22colon View Post
I am a huge bears fan but i am also not ignorant. Last year the bears would not of made it far in the playoffs just for the simple fact the offensive play calling sucked. However this year i do believe they can win the NFC North and have a serious shot at going to the super bowl. However a few things must happen first. Obviously staying healthy is a given. Second they need to pick up some sort of Wide receiver threat. Devin Hester is average at best and roy williams was almost non existant. Johnny Knox was hot and cold. The only player that showed potential was Earl Bennet but after Cutler got hurt obviously Hanie couldnt hit a man wide open. The next thing is THey have to resign Forte. WIthout Forte the Bears will not be successful. and the last thing is they need a decent backup for Cutler. Hanie should be kicked to the door all we needed was to win against prob the easiest teams in the league at the end of the season and he couldnt do it.
Bears need on offense in no particular order...
LT
LG
C
RG
RT
WR
WR
WR
WR
TE
TE
FB
and a non retarded offensive co-ordinator.

Your offensive line made the Saints defensive line look all-pro.

Which is my way of saying you guys ****ing suck ***. Your offense is as scary as mexi-joe in a height contest.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:26 AM #45
PballPlayer™

Yeahhhh. I don't know what to make out of the Bears future. The need a **** ton of help all over the offense and their defensive stars are aging.

And obviously their GM has no ****ing sense because Forte still doesn't have a contract at this point in time. Unless there's some news I'm missing about them working out a contract, I don't know what the **** is going on there.
PballPlayer™ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM #46
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I wouldn't give forte **** either. Rbs have too short a shelf life and he's carried a huge load the past 4 seasons. Tag him this season and if he's good again tag him next season then if he's stayed healthy and is still producingl you try to sign him. Worst thing to do in the nfl is pay a rb a ton of money.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM #47
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lol, you try to tag Forte next season. See how that one works out for you.

You will tag him this season, and he wont hold out under the impression that you will get a long term deal done. Try it again next season and he wont play.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Lou Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 PM #48
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Fine. He's good, but I wouldn't pay him the kind of money he wants either. Paying rbs is stupid. Not to mention, he's just as much a product of the bears bad offense as he is his own ability. Not hard to rack up numbers when you're the only option. Kahlil bell didn't look much worse than forte and he gets paid dick. Spend the money on important things like an ol and secondary. An actual nfl receiver wouldn't hurt either.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:30 PM #49
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Adrian Peterson effectively ****ed every free agent RB when he tore his ACL.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM #50
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Fine. He's good, but I wouldn't pay him the kind of money he wants either. Paying rbs is stupid. Not to mention, he's just as much a product of the bears bad offense as he is his own ability. Not hard to rack up numbers when you're the only option. Kahlil bell didn't look much worse than forte and he gets paid dick. Spend the money on important things like an ol and secondary. An actual nfl receiver wouldn't hurt either.
I agree with you, for the most part at least, I'm just saying you can't tag him twice. He wont play. The only reason he is going to humor you guys wit the tag this time is because he is under the impression a long term deal will get worked out.

Paying a runningback is dumb. You wont find another Forte every year, but you can get a good enough runningback if you build the team correctly elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Adrian Peterson effectively ****ed every free agent RB when he tore his ACL.
Pretty much.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM #51
spaz22colon
thats ery day

Quote:
Kahlil bell did show signs of being a good runner. I agree that the bears should not blow all their money on 1 position when they need much more then that. However where do you draw the line on Forte? He was easily the best part for the bears offense. He kept them in a few games with big runs and passes. He was also Cutlers most reliable target. I do agree that Forte should not be paid and arm and a leg but i do think he should get paid a little more.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM #52
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg View Post
I agree with you, for the most part at least, I'm just saying you can't tag him twice. He wont play. The only reason he is going to humor you guys wit the tag this time is because he is under the impression a long term deal will get worked out.

Paying a runningback is dumb. You wont find another Forte every year, but you can get a good enough runningback if you build the team correctly elsewhere.

Pretty much.
The Bears have shown exactly how much ability to do that?
Sauce
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 PM #53
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Quote:
About as much as the Vikings.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM #54
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Dogg View Post

Pretty much.
lol then let him hold out and waste a year of his career that he'll never get back. Fine with me.

If the bears pay him the money he wants they're just dumb

Quote:
Hey, they finally got rid of angelo. Once they fire lovie and get rid off all his cronies he installed, they'll finally be on their way to turning this joke around.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:03 PM #55
spaz22colon
thats ery day

Quote:
Hey, they finally got rid of angelo. Once they fire lovie and get rid off all his cronies he installed, they'll finally be on their way to turning this joke around.

Lovie is third in Franchise victories behind Halas and Ditka, has lead them to the super bowl, three division titles and one conference championship in 8 years and if it wasnt for Cutler going down he would have taken them to the playoffs yet AGAIN even with Mike Martz ****ty offense. So you just sound dumb right now.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 PM #56
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Quote:

Lovie is third in Franchise victories behind Halas and Ditka, has lead them to the super bowl, three division titles and one conference championship in 8 years and if it wasnt for Cutler going down he would have taken them to the playoffs yet AGAIN even with Mike Martz ****ty offense. So you just sound dumb right now.
Hey MG, I bet you wont meet up with him and fight him

Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 PM #57
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:

lol

You realize why martz was there in the first place?

You realize the bears are no better as a team now(probably worse) than they are when lovie took over?

You also left out the part where the bears have missed the playoffs 5/8 seasons lovie has been coach, including 3 in a row after losing the super bowl.

The team has been eroded since he took over. The ONLY position we are better at now than we were 8 years ago is qb. Its just been a series of blown draft picks, bad FA signings(minus peppers) and cronyism.

And if we're going to ignore everything but wins and losses, then why did Jim Caldwell get fired? He took them to a super bowl and the playoffs all but 1 year where their qb went down.

Last edited by madgoat : 02-29-2012 at 04:28 PM.
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM #58
spaz22colon
thats ery day

2004> 5-11, 2005> 11-5, 2006>13-3, 2007>7-9, 2008>9-7, 2009>7-9, 2010> 11-5, 2011>8-8,

Lovie had 3 losing seasons. 2004 is almost always expected because it takes 1 or 2 years for the team to buy into your program. 2007 they qb issues with Rex Grossman who was never a consistent quarterback to start. 2009 was Cutlers first year and he played like garbage all year. And last season would have been much better had Cutler and Forte not gone out with an injury

On top of all this Lovie lost the leader of the defense Brian Urlacher for one season which hurts a team

and as far as draft picks since Lovie coming in, they have only had 5 first round draft picks. Cedric Benson was a bust however everyone picked him to be an amazing back so no fault there, tommie harris contributed to the defense, greg olson was a great tight end for the bears and they never should of let him go, Chris Wiliams has been been plagued by injuries, and Gabe Carimi showed promising signs until he was hurt.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:58 PM #59
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

Quote:
2004> 5-11, 2005> 11-5, 2006>13-3, 2007>7-9, 2008>9-7, 2009>7-9, 2010> 11-5, 2011>8-8,

Lovie had 3 losing seasons. 2004 is almost always expected because it takes 1 or 2 years for the team to buy into your program. 2007 they qb issues with Rex Grossman who was never a consistent quarterback to start. 2009 was Cutlers first year and he played like garbage all year. And last season would have been much better had Cutler and Forte not gone out with an injury

On top of all this Lovie lost the leader of the defense Brian Urlacher for one season which hurts a team

and as far as draft picks since Lovie coming in, they have only had 5 first round draft picks. Cedric Benson was a bust however everyone picked him to be an amazing back so no fault there, tommie harris contributed to the defense, greg olson was a great tight end for the bears and they never should of let him go, Chris Wiliams has been been plagued by injuries, and Gabe Carimi showed promising signs until he was hurt.
Both these guys had a history of injury problems. Also, benson has made a pretty good career in Cincy, but he never got a shot with the bears because lovie had a boner for Thomas Jones.

And I wasn't just talking about first rounders. The bears have had a revolving door at safety since he took over and still haven't one because lovie can't evaluate talent and they can't develop players.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM #60
Apewar

The Bears on Friday placed a franchise tag on running back Matt Forte

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8669
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 PM #61
spaz22colon
thats ery day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apewar View Post
The Bears on Friday placed a franchise tag on running back Matt Forte

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8669
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM #62
Apewar

The Bears on Tuesday addressed their need for a big, physical playmaking wide receiver by acquiring Brandon Marshall from the Miami Dolphins in exchange for undisclosed draft picks

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8680
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 PM #63
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Uhhh undisclosed my ***...a third rounder this year, and one next year.