im 13 years old is there any way someone under 15 can make some money
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 11:37 AM #2
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
There are a few ways;
If you're willing to work, you can mow lawns, spread mulch, do yardwork etc. for neighbors. That's how I got enough money to buy my first gun, simply by doing yardwork.
Another way is to teach instrument lessons. I teach guitar lessons, drum lessons, and trumpet lessons, and it earns me a crapload of cash. Played guitar for nine years, drums for eleven, and trumpet for six.
This might sound weird, but babysitting earns you a nice thick wallet. Usually the kid's parents know you and trust you, so you have to have a good reputation ahead of time.
Finally, garage sales can get a lot of extra cash in a hurry, if you have good stuff to sell. I run an occasional garage sale and get anywhere from $5 to $150 for old stuff.

It all comes down to what you're willing to do. I'm 17 now, and I have a job, but I worked on a farm before that, starting at about age 12. Good luck and happy 'balling!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011

Last edited by 2nwyka : 04-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM #3
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Depending on where you live, and how willing you are to work hard, any of the following will do:

General Yardwork/Cleanup - mowing, raking, etc. Kids are always cheaper than professionals, and often do a better job!

Snow Removal - shoveling, running a snow blower, etc. Frostbite heals faster in those under 18 years of age...

Babysitting/House Sitting/Pet Sitting - Often an option for younger people - especially if you can out-bid the competition with lower per-diem rates!

Working "under the table" at many smaller businesses and/or summertime employers - The local amusement park, paintball field, or farmer's market usually needs help that they don't want to report for tax purposes! And the help is usually dirt cheap!

Picking fruit/vegetables - If you live in an agricultural area, many larger farms need all the help they can get to bring the crops in. Often this work is given to illegal immigrants/migrant workers - but many farmers would rather pay US citizens to do it!

House-cleaning/Rubbish removal - Especially the elderly appreciate this kind of assistance, and aren't afraid to pay for a job well done.

If you're good with your hands and/or a bit of a tinkerer, you could offer to do small fix-up/repair jobs for people in your neighborhood. Most any small household problem can be fixed with a little Internet research - just most people would rather pay someone to fix it for them.

Hope this helps!

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 PM #4
pballerkid42

pballerkid42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pballerkid42 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i babysit and becuase my mom is often at work or school
pays for my paint atleast
usually get 25$ a night because i have 2 younger brothers and they are probly some of the most un behaved kids you will ever see...
Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 AM #5
oRingaDingDing
O-Ring King.

oRingaDingDing is playing at Living Legends V
oRingaDingDing owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oRingaDingDing has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oRingaDingDing has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The best ways for me to make some cash when I was growing up : Raking leaves, and cutting lawns. These two activities are pretty profitable, easy to do and can be facilitated with your parents help. It also helps to let your parents know you are interested in playing paintball, they can always forward you an advance on allowance and have you pay it back in installments.
oRingaDingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 AM #6
Emre

Emre owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Emre posts videos on PbNation
Emre has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Come to new york and be my teams pod picker. we pay 0.25$ a pod
Emre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 AM #7
pballerkid42

pballerkid42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pballerkid42 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre View Post
Come to new york and be my teams pod picker. we pay 0.25$ a pod
what field u play at? i wouldnt mind 25cents a pod=)
Old 02-26-2012, 02:26 AM #8
Unlucky_Irish

I just googled your weather for ya, starting tuesday your getting snow. Get out there and shovel. Bring a friend split the cash hit more houses with less effort. People always like helping kids, esp older folks just do a good job. Made pretty decent money as a kid doing that, especially if they asked ya to come back again, usually gave us a little extra.
Unlucky_Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 AM #9
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
And the hot chocolate can't be beat...

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:25 AM #10
Kbug
Dookie

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I'm 13 too. I cut yards, weedeat, pressure wash (I have my own pressure washer), and do any other yard work I can get. I got a bunch of business cards from vistaprint and put them at houses with overgrown yards, houses that need to be pressure washed, etc. Depending on how bad a house is, I usually get paid around $100 just to wash 1 house
Kbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 PM #11
i EaT yEaRbOoKs....
O city

i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... plays in the PSP
i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... plays in the APPA D4 division
I love when it snows in my neighbor hood I usually walk away with 250 a day, most people are really really old and are worried about slipping an whatnot, I find it the best to do that, mowing last year I made roughly 500 every 3 to 4 weeks

I'm free
Pick me up
Ill be in frisco,TX
i EaT yEaRbOoKs.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:09 AM #12
Raw157
Carpe diem

You're in PA.

Grab a lawn mower and go knock on doors.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 AM #13
cstylz31
HYFR

cstylz31 is playing at Living Legends V
cstylz31 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cstylz31 supports Sherwood Forest
cstylz31 posts videos on PbNation
cstylz31 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Open a brokerage account, invest in google and apple. Sit back and enjoy the money..........just sayin lol
University of Nevada Paintball #09
cstylz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM #14
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If you're good mechanically, you can fix people's guns at the field. I can't tell you how many times I've had the random 12-year-old kid come up to me with a broken Spyder or Piranha, or Tippmann or any other gun (I've seen a few Ions, an assortment of high lower-end electronics). I've made a few dollars before off of fixing a gun, but usually I ask for paint if they want to pay me. I don't ask for payment unless it's a long, drawn out operation like taking the gun completely down and replacing the cupseal or something.
You could also work as a trailbuilder or National Parks laborer. I don't know how plentiful that kind of work is in Pennsylvania, but in Colorado I could go out right now and get a job working as a trailbuilder and make a fair chunk of change!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 AM #15
THE PAINTBALL NINJA

Learn a to play a musical instrument well enough, then go play in a highly populated area. You can make $100+ easily in a day. I do it with my cello and you'd be totally suprised how the people just throw cash at you!

Ps. to the guy in the first post saying "teach a musical instrument", Don't do that, the op isn't qualified to teach and neither are you. It pains me to see parents wasting their money to have their kids taught by other kids who really don't have a clue. (Not enough expirience, or even an AA degree at the least makes you totally unqualified)
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 PM #16
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by agurish View Post
Depending on where you live, and how willing you are to work hard, any of the following will do:

General Yardwork/Cleanup - mowing, raking, etc. Kids are always cheaper than professionals, and often do a better job!

Snow Removal - shoveling, running a snow blower, etc. Frostbite heals faster in those under 18 years of age...

Babysitting/House Sitting/Pet Sitting - Often an option for younger people - especially if you can out-bid the competition with lower per-diem rates!

Working "under the table" at many smaller businesses and/or summertime employers - The local amusement park, paintball field, or farmer's market usually needs help that they don't want to report for tax purposes! And the help is usually dirt cheap!

Picking fruit/vegetables - If you live in an agricultural area, many larger farms need all the help they can get to bring the crops in. Often this work is given to illegal immigrants/migrant workers - but many farmers would rather pay US citizens to do it!

House-cleaning/Rubbish removal - Especially the elderly appreciate this kind of assistance, and aren't afraid to pay for a job well done.

If you're good with your hands and/or a bit of a tinkerer, you could offer to do small fix-up/repair jobs for people in your neighborhood. Most any small household problem can be fixed with a little Internet research - just most people would rather pay someone to fix it for them.

Hope this helps!

you can even ask your parents for some extra chores, so maybe do the laundry or clean the kitchen for a week or something, you might not get paid much, but its still some cash

something else you could do (if your parents are ok with it) is go to a supermarket and ask to help people carry their things out, you may only get a dollar or 2 at max per person, but it can add up
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 PM #17
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I did the yard work thing at that age, or the occasional babysitting gig, which honestly isn't too bad. I also revived an allowance, whichever helped somewhat. I also bought, sold, and rotated lots of my gear via the internet, either making a profit or breaking even with just a but more cash than I started. I also learned to gun tech, and for a while I was the only one I knew, and technically still know of that can work on icd freestyles in my area.not only that, if you take a general marker texting course, you can usually learn the INS and puts of.most guns and even offer your services after a few courses at your local field and or school. That one is a litttle techy though, if you do offer to marker tech for someone, make sure you have the right equipment to diagnose the problem correctly.