PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 PM #1
PenguinLife

Potential Indoor Field SE TX / SW LA?

This message is also being posted on the Texas section since location is near the state line

I am in the early stages of looking at putting in an indoor paintball facility in the region, and would like to gauge interest.

There are certain constraints on layout caused by existing walls and structures in the building that limit field size and shape.

Playing fields would include a 90x100 ft open turf covered field with inflatable obstacles, or similar which could be divided to provide 2 45x100 ft playing fields. There would also be another similar turf field, but slightly smaller field around 50x90 ft. Also an aproximately 10,000 sq ft reball / airsoft / laser tactical concrete floor area that is already subdivided off into into about 6-8 partitioned areas including a potential second floor partial overlook sniper post. The current permanent walls would be augmented with moveable partiations and obstacles that would be reset periodically so things don't get too boring.

Also a storefront area (probably limited merchandise selection I am thinking more playing field support than store), public restrooms accessable from the field side and store side, 3 appoximate 10x10 ft changing rooms.

HPA air would be provided on site, likely limted to 3,000 psi

Now for some polling questions: would you like, please rate, and say if you would be willing to pay more if this feature were present:

A 50 x 60 ft break room / snack bar with large flat panel video screens showing current games and ability to replay games from earlier in the day?

Climate control? Climate controlled store and break room / snack bar only with enclosed, but not climate controlled playing fields? Cooling, but no heat for playing fields, or cooling and heat for everyting? If cooled playing fields, what temperature range would be acceptable?

How far would you drive to play at this facility and how often? 50 miles, 100, 150, more?

What would you be willling to pay?

thank for your time, if this gets a good response there may be more questions if things shape up
PenguinLife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2012, 04:03 PM #2
Cptmcquacken
The Godfather

I live in lake Charles Louisiana, about a half an hour from the border. If your on this end of the tx/la border Id be all over it man. Ive been looking for a place to play for a while. I think the hang out area is a great idea, but for an extra charge the snacks, drinks, etc would have to come with that charge etc...Great Idea though.
Cptmcquacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM #3
PenguinLife

Thanks for your reply, I also have a message thread going over in the Field and Store Owners section at http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3776299 which includes rough layout of the existing buildilng and some other details. I know the SWLA area has a history of numerous mostly failed outdoors woodsball style fields, and know that True-Blue has expanded into the the outdoor airball style end of the business. As a person that plays in the area can you tell me a bit about the deomographics of the typical players (age, amount of disposable income, preferences in type of play, etc)?

thanks
Old 03-24-2012, 08:03 PM #4
shed337

shed337 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i would go keep the paint and fees reasonable and i believe you could have a successful business. Good luck, im looking forward to this opening.
shed337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM #5
PenguinLife

There would be an effort to keep prices reasonable, preliminary numbers being used for expense estimation are based on $15-$20 per person entry fee (discounts for first responders and active military) for all day pass, unlimited self service air. Because of the practical issues of an indoor facility it will be Field Paint Only, paint will be a premium paint picked for easy cleanup and non -staining (player supplied paint may be allowed if on an approved brands list, in original packaging, etc.). There will likely be several pricing points related to rental equipment, group rates, and probably some sort of loyalty, regular customer program such as 10 entries for $100 on a punch card, maybe even an unlimited annual pass priced around $299 which could work out as little as $2 per day, based on being open to the public 3 days per week. Regardless all day play will be priced to be comparable or cheaper than other popular entertainment (movies, bowling, etc.)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 AM #6
killmax101
sXe

Annual Supporting Member
killmax101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
killmax101 posts videos on PbNation
killmax101 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
killmax101 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
killmax101 is Legendary
killmax101 supports DLX Technology
killmax101 supports Empire
do it.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM #7
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop

Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
I wouldn't focus on "keeping prices reasonable"

I would focus on providing a quality product and charging what you need to cover your expenses and make money.

but yea
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM #8
watsongavin

Great idea man I would revel to play all the way from baton rouge, where on the border you thinking