Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 AM #1996
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
David Wright not starting over Sandoval is bull ****.

Also, Dickey should be the starter.
Agreed. Sandoval isn't good enough to hold Wright's jockstrap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post
I can't believe cueto didn't make it, that guy is consistently unappreciated
Also agreed


IAN ****ING DESMOND IS AN ALL STAR!?!?! Wow ... just wow ... I was completely wrong on that one.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is online now  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2012, 01:00 PM #1997
Vit Beeyer (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
David Wright not starting over Sandoval is bull ****.

Also, Dickey should be the starter.
Agreed. David Wright is finally having the year we've been expecting from him. Sandoval is great but he was injured for month+. This is silly SF shenanigans.
Vit Beeyer is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM #1998
Vit Beeyer (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Lawd ESPN can get on Verlander's dick a lot. Reading some **** about who should start the ASG someone said Verlander is in the midst of his 4th straight tune in to every game he starts season. 4 now?


edit: So Ryan Vogelsong. I love the guy. We've all been expecting him to drop off but he's only gotten more consistent. 7 straight starts with 7+ IP, hasn't gone less than 6 innings the entire year, and he's given up 4 runs or more just once all year, in May. He leads or is tied for the lead in starts of 7 or more IP. He eats innings and lets the Giants win games every time he gets on the mound.

Last edited by Vit Beeyer : 07-02-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Vit Beeyer is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM #1999
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit Beeyer View Post
Lawd ESPN can get on Verlander's dick a lot. Reading some **** about who should start the ASG someone said Verlander is in the midst of his 4th straight tune in to every game he starts season. 4 now?


edit: So Ryan Vogelsong. I love the guy. We've all been expecting him to drop off but he's only gotten more consistent. 7 straight starts with 7+ IP, hasn't gone less than 6 innings the entire year, and he's given up 4 runs or more just once all year, in May. He leads or is tied for the lead in starts of 7 or more IP. He eats innings and lets the Giants win games every time he gets on the mound.
Uh ... Verlander deserves to start the ASG for the AL. He's just having one of those average, mundane seasons of his. You know, where he leads this league in innings pitched and strikeouts and his WHIP is under 1.000 .... again. Dude is a machine. He's having a hall of fame season in a hall of fame career. They're on his dick for a reason.

Verlander is one of the few pitchers that I would honestly want to see whether they're on my team or not. Every time he pitches, he's got a shot at a no hitter. And to put it in perspective, he's not even pitching that well. This is like average Verlander. Just wait till he gets on a hot streak of starts (like last year when he want 9 starts without giving up more than 2 runs).

Dude is baller. I would take him over any pitcher in baseball.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is online now  
Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 PM #2000
Vit Beeyer (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Uh ... Verlander deserves to start the ASG for the AL. He's just having one of those average, mundane seasons of his. You know, where he leads this league in innings pitched and strikeouts and his WHIP is under 1.000 .... again. Dude is a machine. He's having a hall of fame season in a hall of fame career. They're on his dick for a reason.

Verlander is one of the few pitchers that I would honestly want to see whether they're on my team or not. Every time he pitches, he's got a shot at a no hitter. And to put it in perspective, he's not even pitching that well. This is like average Verlander. Just wait till he gets on a hot streak of starts (like last year when he want 9 starts without giving up more than 2 runs).

Dude is baller. I would take him over any pitcher in baseball.
Good. This was a great write-up, now if only you could read. ESPN made the claim that over this year, and the past 3 seasons, Verlander was a turn on every start this guy makes pitcher. Sorry, but up until last year, that is just BS. It's being on his dick and re-writing his career.

I can't wait to see this super Verlander you're talking about since he's only done that once in his career.
Vit Beeyer is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM #2001
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit Beeyer View Post
Good. This was a great write-up, now if only you could read. ESPN made the claim that over this year, and the past 3 seasons, Verlander was a turn on every start this guy makes pitcher. Sorry, but up until last year, that is just BS. It's being on his dick and re-writing his career.

I can't wait to see this super Verlander you're talking about since he's only done that once in his career.
Verlander has always been that guy.

He throws over 100mph. Definitely worth watching.

First no hitter in 2007.

Led MLB in strikeouts in 2009 and 2011

Another no hitter last year and took a perfect game in to the 8th.

He's got the third best WAR amongst pitchers since 2007. And of those three, he's the only one that has done it exclusively in the AL.
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is online now  
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM #2002
Vit Beeyer (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Verlander has always been that guy.

He throws over 100mph. Definitely worth watching.

First no hitter in 2007.

Led MLB in strikeouts in 2009 and 2011

Another no hitter last year and took a perfect game in to the 8th.

He's got the third best WAR amongst pitchers since 2007. And of those three, he's the only one that has done it exclusively in the AL.
So everyone in this thread was discussing every verlander start in 08? 09? Come on. Before last year he was a flamethrower who couldn't put it all together with enough consistency.

Was Verlander better in 09 or 2011?
Vit Beeyer is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 PM #2003
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vit Beeyer View Post
So everyone in this thread was discussing every verlander start in 08? 09? Come on. Before last year he was a flamethrower who couldn't put it all together with enough consistency.

Was Verlander better in 09 or 2011?
Obviously 2011. He was the best pitcher in the last 20 years last year

But in 2009 he was third in Cy Young voting. So obviously, people were talking about him.

Put it all together. Go look at his 2009 and 2010 stats. If that's not putting it all together, then Matt Cain is only just now "putting it together"
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is online now  
Old 07-02-2012, 07:05 PM #2004
SmartyJones
Best in the World
 
SmartyJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Up 2-0 so far, hope it holds up. I hate watching games that are played in Tampa. ****ing cowbells are so hick.
__________________
Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, New York Yankees, Detroit Pistons, Notre Dame
University Of Notre Dame Class of 2010
ZENYATTA - Thanks for all the memories!
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 PM #2005
slateman
 
 
slateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chantilly, VA
slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Up 2-0 so far, hope it holds up. I hate watching games that are played in Tampa. ****ing cowbells are so hick.
Everything there seems like an afterthought. Almost like they don't want baseball there ....
__________________
In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it.
slateman is online now  
Old 07-03-2012, 02:26 AM #2006
SmartyJones
Best in the World
 
SmartyJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Everything there seems like an afterthought. Almost like they don't want baseball there ....
Yep. They also sound a goal horn when someone hits a homerun
__________________
Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, New York Yankees, Detroit Pistons, Notre Dame
University Of Notre Dame Class of 2010
ZENYATTA - Thanks for all the memories!
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 05:10 AM #2007
SYSTEM
Notomated
 
SYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3832886
__________________
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
SYSTEM is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump