Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM #1471
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
There are a couple mods that allow you to do that. They re-write the final ending and allow you to play the Citadel DLC after.
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 AM #1472
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

Hmmm I may look into that. The mods I've seen that do that also add their own rainbow and puppies ending they made up as filler... I don't want that lol. For me, Shepard and Anderson have their conversation, then Shepard presses a magical "GGCLOSE LOLOLOL" button that pwns the Reapers. Bam, Citadel DLC where everyone parties and somehow Anderson doesn't die from mortal wounds lol.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:37 AM #1473
slateman

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/?

Lots of mods. Some are actually pretty cool looking. Like I never liked the fact that they sexed up Ashley, so there's a mod to give her normal armor and her hair in a bun.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM #1474
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
Sorta trying to avoid buying a next gen...but if they come out with ME1 with updated graphics...**** I'll get one.
eatafetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM #1475
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/?

Lots of mods. Some are actually pretty cool looking. Like I never liked the fact that they sexed up Ashley, so there's a mod to give her normal armor and her hair in a bun.
Sexy Ashley best Ashley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatafetus View Post
Sorta trying to avoid buying a next gen...but if they come out with ME1 with updated graphics...**** I'll get one.
ME1 with the hi-res addons looks pretty awesome... although thats PC only.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 07-08-2014, 11:40 AM #1476
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Is there a mod for a more sexed up version of Ashley?
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:46 AM #1477
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

I'm not a betting man, but I bet that was first mod ever made for ME3...

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 PM #1478
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
Man NM... you just made me want to install ME3 again. I have pull my rig out this weekend or next for maintenance, drain the water, shoot out dust, and clean up my office. Hopefully this thread isn't up'd again to remind me. All I want to come here for are updates and new videos... LOL...
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 PM #1479
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

I always keep the ME trilogy installed because I never know when I'm gonna get that itch.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 07-08-2014, 04:26 PM #1480
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

I didnt think the ending to 3 was really that bad...?

maybe I missed something, some parts were a little cheesy from what I remember

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 PM #1481
paintballking72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:20 PM #1482
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

Quote:

maybe I missed something, some parts were a little cheesy from what I remember
ME3's ending had zero tie in to the game, was COMPLETELY debunked by events that occured in ME3, and made everything that happened in ME1, ME2, and almost all of ME3 completely and totally irrelevant.

ME3's ending was the Reapers were harvesting all advanced galactic species and turning them into Reapers, preserving the species DNA and "life force". The reason for this was according to the Reapers, Synthetics will always fight with Organics. The Reapers believed Synthetics would always win and would ultimately perge all Organic life from the universe. So the Reapers were created to cycle every 50,000 years and wipe out all advanced species of Organics, to ensure Organic survival. The problem here certain choices can result in a Geth and Quarian alliance, and conversations with Tali reveal that the Geth are playing a vital role in helping the Quarian's adapt to life without their exo-suits, as well as the rebuilding of the Quarian society on Rannoch. Of course there is also the final battle, where the Geth openly fight against the Reapers. The very foundation of ME3's ending is useless because of Tali and Legion.

Don't even get me started on the evolution of EDI and Joker's relationship spanning ME2 and ME3 and how it completely contradicts Reaper logic. EDI is willing to die for Joker. A Synthetic willing to sacrifice themself for an Organic.

ME3's ending has so many plot holes that it makes the Loose Change tin foil hat people look semi-intelligent.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 07-08-2014, 05:22 PM #1483
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I didnt think the ending to 3 was really that bad...? maybe I missed something, some parts were a little cheesy from what I remember
I'm with you. Is it how I would have liked to see the series end? No. But the people that took to the internet in outrage and claimed it ruined the game or even the franchise act like spoiled ****ing children who didn't get every toy they wanted for Christmas.

I want to tell a story. A story about a TV show. That TV show: The SciFi channel reimagining of Battlestar Galactica. BG is one of my favorite shows and may be one of the best science fiction shows ever made. However, as a whole, it fails to achieve true greatness mainly because the second half of the final season is pure, unadulterated, steaming, festering, smelly smelly dog ****. It's the absolute worst. ' If it's so bad how can BG be one of my favorite shows?' you may ask. Because I just don't think about it. It's a thing that happened but it doesn't invalidate the hours of joy I had from watching the show up to that point. Sometimes creators have a difference of opinion as to where their art show go than me, or sometimes writers can't untangle all of the threads inherent in hours and hours of content, or sometimes they lose the thread entirely. **** happens to good things but it doesn't ruin what made those good things good in the first place.

tl,dr : The ME3 ending is ****ing Shakespeare compared to the human atrocity that is the ending of Battlestar Galactica.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:34 PM #1484
fallofmantopaint
Certified Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I'm with you. Is it how I would have liked to see the series end? No. But the people that took to the internet in outrage and claimed it ruined the game or even the franchise act like spoiled ****ing children who didn't get every toy they wanted for Christmas.

tl,dr : The ME3 ending is ****ing Shakespeare compared to the human atrocity that is the ending of Battlestar Galactica.
The Vindication? Does it have something to do with a fan who fixed the Mass Effect 3 ending with a 539-page rewrite?
fallofmantopaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:58 PM #1485
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallofmantopaint View Post
The Vindication? Does it have something to do with a fan who fixed the Mass Effect 3 ending with a 539-page rewrite?
I hadn't even heard of that, but the prospect of reading a novel sized bit of fanfiction doesn't sound like fun to me, so I'll have to take peoples word on whether it "fixed" anything. I was just speaking about the general hate and outrage over a game that, for 90% was a pretty ****ing great game, just because its ending felt flaccid and shoehorned in. I get the disappointment,as a huge fan of the series I felt it too, but I also never felt like it ruined anything about the series for me.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:32 PM #1486
slateman

I liked the BSG ending *shrugs*
Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 PM #1487
ElPanda
CAD/CAM

IMO ME3 was the most fleshed out installment in terms of gameplay and playability

I thoroughly enjoyed playing it from start to finish

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 PM #1488
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
IMO ME3 was the most fleshed out installment in terms of gameplay and playability

I thoroughly enjoyed playing it from start to finish
It played the best but it lacked the multiple hub-worlds that ME2. That was the most disappointing part IMO. It certainly had the best DLC, though everything except the Citadel stuff should have just been included in the main game.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:31 PM #1489
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

The only thing I didn't like about ME3 was the end, the rest was ridiculously good. So for me, I just pretend those 5 minutes of plot holes don't happen and masturbate furiously to the 30+ hours of epicness that the rest of the game is.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 PM #1490
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
Some of ME3 DLC were long... and like to finish all side missions. I don't have time for that... so I'll use that as an excuse not to replay... LOL.. Please don't make it interesting again.
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:59 AM #1491
paintballking72

I don't even think I bought any of the ME3 dlc, aside from any day one dlc.

I really need to get them and play through them.