Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 06:51 PM #85
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her
 
Eternal Acacia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
They'll probably release some DLC that will give you the entire story you missed in ME1/2 and give you the chance to make the major decisions from those 2. They had that for ME2, I bought it when I lost my original ME1 save so I could start with the same decisions I made.
__________________
They see my brain melting
and the only thing I tell em
is that I'm living for the present
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM #86
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia
They'll probably release some DLC that will give you the entire story you missed in ME1/2 and give you the chance to make the major decisions from those 2. They had that for ME2, I bought it when I lost my original ME1 save so I could start with the same decisions I made.
Problem with that comic is you miss out on a bunch of minor character interactions that would create a cool little side quest in 2.
__________________
big_scott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:37 PM #87
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
They'll probably release some DLC that will give you the entire story you missed in ME1/2 and give you the chance to make the major decisions from those 2. They had that for ME2, I bought it when I lost my original ME1 save so I could start with the same decisions I made.
I just finished playing the arrival and I think it is too big of an ending to be a DLC in 3. It really should have been added to the end of 2, but I assume they released it to build hype for 3, after a lot of the hype of 2 died down.

Also, I now fully understand the title of this thread. I has a dumb.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 PM #88
forgiven2008
Boomer Sooner
 
forgiven2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Collins, CO
forgiven2008 donated to help Peyton Trent
forgiven2008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 is Legendary
It ties a lot of things in from ME2 to ME3 like mouse said. It's a pretty long DLC and probably the best one that was released. I have all the other DLC levels and they are pretty good but they are just kind of separate stories and don't really tie a whole lot into the main story line. Still worth playing though.
__________________
Twitter: @vRainRH
Turntable: @vRainRH
Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/vRainRH
Youtube: www.youtube.com/houstonsurge28
forgiven2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM #89
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yep, very pleased with how it added to the story. Welp, time to start play though numero dos, so I can fix some things.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 PM #90
forgiven2008
Boomer Sooner
 
forgiven2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Collins, CO
forgiven2008 donated to help Peyton Trent
forgiven2008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 is Legendary
Haha nice. Im sad because I had to sell Skyrim to be able to afford this game. Well worth it though.
__________________
Twitter: @vRainRH
Turntable: @vRainRH
Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/vRainRH
Youtube: www.youtube.com/houstonsurge28
forgiven2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 PM #91
MrRidgway
 
 
MrRidgway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE

My Micro$oft account got hacked into TODAY (after having not played my XBOX in almost 3 years and only turning it on yesterday to pull ME2 save off of it) and 6000 M$points were added to my account from a credit card (that I don't have, my old one expired THANK GOD). Damn microsoft couldn't tell me if the credit card used was used in my name or someone elses, microsoft billing said it was used in my name but dumb guy on phone didn't know.

Don't care about the xbox account, haven't played it in years, do care about my account being stolen (probably has something to do with PSN hack, damn myself for using the same passwords). Do also care about the $30 I spent to get my credit report pulled to make sure a credit card hadn't been opened in my name. REALLY PISSED that the credit bureau said it could take 7-10 business days for a new card to show up and the report I ordered will not update, so if I get really paranoid I have to spend another $10 or so to get my report again in 2 weeks.

So ****ing stupid, get your **** together M$, tons of other posts on other forums about the same thing happening to a bunch of other xbox accounts, good thing I didn't have a recent credit card or any significant MS points on my account, some people had money stolen from their bank accounts.
MrRidgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM #92
MrRidgway
 
 
MrRidgway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRidgway View Post
RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE

My Micro$oft account got hacked into TODAY (after having not played my XBOX in almost 3 years and only turning it on yesterday to pull ME2 save off of it) and 6000 M$points were added to my account from a credit card (that I don't have, my old one expired THANK GOD). Damn microsoft couldn't tell me if the credit card used was used in my name or someone elses, microsoft billing said it was used in my name but dumb guy on phone didn't know.

Don't care about the xbox account, haven't played it in years, do care about my account being stolen (probably has something to do with PSN hack, damn myself for using the same passwords). Do also care about the $30 I spent to get my credit report pulled to make sure a credit card hadn't been opened in my name. REALLY PISSED that the credit bureau said it could take 7-10 business days for a new card to show up and the report I ordered will not update, so if I get really paranoid I have to spend another $10 or so to get my report again in 2 weeks.

So ****ing stupid, get your **** together M$, tons of other posts on other forums about the same thing happening to a bunch of other xbox accounts, good thing I didn't have a recent credit card or any significant MS points on my account, some people had money stolen from their bank accounts.
Just trolling the intrawebs about my issue, found this on a forum:

"The MS Support agent went on to tell me that EA Games is running some type of in game promotion for the FIFA game that allows players to win MS Points and then redeem them for cash in the form of a check that is mailed to them. Isn’t that just awesome. Way to go EA!! Thanks to your unsecure “promotion” hundreds if not thousands of us are getting hacked around the globe."

LOL. Just one more reason to hate EA and especially EA sports. First off, **** you for producing products year after year after year that are the same ****ing thing. Second, **** EA for monetizing ME3 to the point where you start an internet boycott against buying the game, **** you for making it on origin and not steam, **** YOU for creating a way for hackers to turn M$ points into actual cash, and just **** YOU in general.

That is all
MrRidgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 PM #93
erayser
AlternativePB.com
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
No problem.

The Arrival ends where Mass Effect 3 begins, so if you played the demo and were kinda like "wut?", after you play The Arrival you'll be alot more clued in to current events.
Thanks from me also.

I haven't played the demo yet, so I'm glad I seen this post first. I just got done playing "The Arrival"... so I may have to play the demo now since you mentioned that the ME3 demo doesn't really give anything away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
Also, I now fully understand the title of this thread. I has a dumb.
I know... now the title has a different meaning to me after playing "The Arrival".
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 PM #94
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser View Post
I know... now the title has a different meaning to me after playing "The Arrival".
I thought it was just a variation of the "prepare you anus". Which I guess it's kinda a three-fer. "Prepare your anus" reference, Reaper reference, and reference to the arrival of ME3.

Honey Badger never upsets.

edit: btw. Started my second play through of 1 tonight. I selected to use the id that I beat the game with the first time. So I have all my stats and equipment. Will this hurt me later on in the story? I wouldn't think that it would, but I didn't know if starting fresh had different options, etc.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 AM #95
erayser
AlternativePB.com
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
I don't think so... you are still going to have to make choices through the game, and from what I remember after playing ME1 my second time, I had a choice of 2 Shepards that I could import into ME2. I just chose the latest Shepard import... where I saved Wrex, Ashley, Council, Saved factory district and nuked the colony, and recommended Anderson.

The thing that I hated about starting ME1 again was the keyboard mapping changing from ME1 to ME2. I'll play the demo tomorrow... have to spend time with wife... after spending most of my time playing the arrival when I got home.
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 AM #96
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Haha, yeah, its different going back to 1. Especially with high stats and nice weapons. And I kept hitting reload after every few shots, only to get pissed when it didn't work, then remember you only have to worry about overheating in 1.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 AM #97
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser View Post
Thanks from me also.

I haven't played the demo yet, so I'm glad I seen this post first. I just got done playing "The Arrival"... so I may have to play the demo now since you mentioned that the ME3 demo doesn't really give anything away.



I know... now the title has a different meaning to me after playing "The Arrival".
The ME3 demo shows the same stuff that they showed at E3, the demo is mostly nice just to get back into the feel of ME3, but honestly after you play it you rage because you want moar. As far as in-game moments, Sovereign's speech in ME1 pretty much made the series what it is. That was such a great moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
I thought it was just a variation of the "prepare you anus". Which I guess it's kinda a three-fer. "Prepare your anus" reference, Reaper reference, and reference to the arrival of ME3.

Honey Badger never upsets.

edit: btw. Started my second play through of 1 tonight. I selected to use the id that I beat the game with the first time. So I have all my stats and equipment. Will this hurt me later on in the story? I wouldn't think that it would, but I didn't know if starting fresh had different options, etc.
Honey Badger delivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser View Post
I don't think so... you are still going to have to make choices through the game, and from what I remember after playing ME1 my second time, I had a choice of 2 Shepards that I could import into ME2. I just chose the latest Shepard import... where I saved Wrex, Ashley, Council, Saved factory district and nuked the colony, and recommended Anderson.

The thing that I hated about starting ME1 again was the keyboard mapping changing from ME1 to ME2. I'll play the demo tomorrow... have to spend time with wife... after spending most of my time playing the arrival when I got home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
Haha, yeah, its different going back to 1. Especially with high stats and nice weapons. And I kept hitting reload after every few shots, only to get pissed when it didn't work, then remember you only have to worry about overheating in 1.
Using an existing ME1 save to start another ME1 playthrough doesn't change anything other than you start off with much better stats and gear. You still get all the choices and etc. but instead of no stats and crappy gear, you have God Mode lol

If you import into ME2 with a max level (rank 60) ME1 character, you get additional bonuses in ME2.
__________________
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:16 AM #98
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Sovereign's speech in ME1 pretty much made the series what it is. That was such a great moment.
oh man, what a great "ohhhhhhhh **** we're so ****ed" feeling that gave.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:35 AM #99
GM2viking
Copaani mirshmure'cye vod
 
GM2viking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Guam
Annual Supporting Member
GM2viking is BST Trusted
GM2viking supports Cereal Killerz 2
GM2viking is playing at Living Legends V
GM2viking owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GM2viking has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GM2viking has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks like I'm gonna be connecting to my slow-*** Internet here in Cuba and downloading 'the arrival'
__________________
Blue/Green '11 Alien Indy Black/Blue '06 Alien Remains
Black/Silver Hostile Creations Rogue
Green '04 AKA Viking
Black/Blue Bob Long G6R
"Lava" Etek 3 LT
GM2viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:27 AM #100
Schulzy
 
 
Schulzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Playing through ME1, and my god, what a difference from ME1 and ME2.

There's noticeably more talking in ME1 than ME2, but the combat isn't nearly as refined in ME1 as in ME2. I prefer ME2's combat.
Schulzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM #101
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
oh man, what a great "ohhhhhhhh **** we're so ****ed" feeling that gave.
Haha, that reminds me of when the Collectors invade the Normandy. Joker - "Ohhh **** oh **** oh ****. What the ****?"
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM #102
erayser
AlternativePB.com
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
Haha, that reminds me of when the Collectors invade the Normandy. Joker - "Ohhh <del>****</del> oh <del>****</del> oh <del>****</del>. What the <del>****</del>?"
My kids laughed when Joker mimics Legion like a robot... So you think the Arrival DLC was worth it? It was half the cost of what I payed for ME and ME2 together... lol... but I'm glad I played it. I guess it will make the ME3 demo more meaningful when I play it tonight.
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:00 AM #103
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)
 
paintballking72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest(Ks) ((316))
paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Seth Green does a really great job with Joker. In my opinion he is one of the most "realistic" ones in the whole game. You can always sense his emotion. A lot of the other characters seem so monotone most of the time.
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM #104
erayser
AlternativePB.com
 
erayser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
Mark Hamill plays a good Joker too... lol... different game, but I think he one of the better voice actors.
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 AM #105
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser View Post
My kids laughed when Joker mimics Legion like a robot... So you think the Arrival DLC was worth it? It was half the cost of what I payed for ME and ME2 together... lol... but I'm glad I played it. I guess it will make the ME3 demo more meaningful when I play it tonight.
The Arrival makes Mass Effect 3 more meaningful. It connects the dots between 2 and 3, and thats pretty important because otherwise people will go WTF WHY IS SHEPARD A PENCIL PUSHER AND NOT PUNCHING REPORTERS?
__________________
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump