Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 AM #463
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

We need a new thread title considering they've arrived...

Mass Effect 3 v. This is my favorite spot on the Citadel
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM #464
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is a Supporting Member
erayser is BST Legit
Makes sense to me.
erayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM #465
octane2079
Drunken Badger

has been a member for 10 years
octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
I found it really funny when you get the arbiter achievement for solving a political problem by shooting udina in the face
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
octane2079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 PM #466
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So I was on my lunch break just now, and heard Garrus (Brandon Keener) on a McDonald's radio commercial. I had no idea that was his actual voice. His voice does not fit him at all lol
paintballking72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 PM #467
_WARRIOR_ (Banned)
Mr Dr Pepper on the Rocks

_WARRIOR_ helped look for balloons
_WARRIOR_ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballking72 View Post
So I was on my lunch break just now, and heard Garrus (Brandon Keener) on a McDonald's radio commercial. I had no idea that was his actual voice. His voice does not fit him at all lol
Hah, that reminds me of when the Illusive Man did Midas commercials.
_WARRIOR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM #468
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Wife's cry count is up to 3... herpes to whoever can guess which part she just completed.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM #469
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
Quote:
My mind has just been blown.

God I love Garrus .... And Jack

But hearing Freddie Prince Jr as Vega is weird ... Especially when he says "loco"
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM #470
MrRidgway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
False. Doing that only makes achieving the "best" ending possible easier.

The ONLY thing that does is decrease the penalty for the groups that join your alliance making it easier to hit 100% pwnage.
Big spoiler ahead, don't highlight if you don't want the ending given away. Suffice it to say, you CANNOT get the best ending without doing multiplayer/iOS game.

Bull ****. Bull ****, bull ****, bull ****. Without playing the multiplayer, both Shepherd and Anderson die. I completed almost every quest in game and found almost all the items to make myself war ready (some quests were bugged) and I finished with a total of 6666 military strength. At 50% readiness my EMS was 3333. The best ending happens at 5,000 EMS. At 2,800 EMS you get access to all 3 options to end the game, but Anderson and Shepherd both die. Only at the higher EMS can you save both Anderson and Shepherd.

Overall, I are disappoint. With all my previous complaining about theme park shooter, this game has the least amount of choices out of all 3. Not sure why I even bothered going for renegade/paragon points, only made a difference in 2 situations.

That being said, the voice acting started out pretty sub-par IMO, but picked up very nicely by end game. Reminded me a lot of FFVII, which was a pretty amazing game. I really enjoyed the story, but the lack of affecting any substantive decision in the story was disappointing.

And I have several rants about the game itself. Aside from a couple of bugged quests, the menu's are **** and seem to be console imports. To buy anything at a store, you have to scroll over it and either click it twice or move down to a purchase button. However, if you scroll over another item, it selects that item to purchase. Double clicking doesn't always buy the item either.

The journal system is pretty stupid. Why couldn't you have used something that lets you know what you have left to do to finish the quest, like a checkpoint system? There are about ~ 20 pick up items and return them missions and I was struggling to remember which items I had already picked up and which items needed to be dropped off, and while the map sometimes shows you a marker to complete a quest, it doesn't always do so.

And WTF, somehow Bioware couldn't figure out how to import ME1 faces into ME3. Seriously? You plan a series of 3 games and tell the entire gaming world you will be able to import previous games into the next game, but you can't spend enough resources to make imported faces work? And don't try and give me some programming has changed and we couldn't make it work bull****, had they tried hard enough I know they could have made it work.

Somewhat disappointed by combat, being able to gank troops on insanity and finish the playthrough close to 100% in 28 hours seems a little fishy, ME 1 and ME 2 were much harder on insanity. My ME2 insanity playthrough was also at 28 hours, but that was after 2 other playthroughs so I just skipped most dialogue options because I already knew them.

tl;dr I give the game a 7/10, play through it if you like but don't feel like you need to get the game ASAP, wait it out for them to fix bugs/menus and you'll probably have a better experience that I did.

Last edited by MrRidgway : 03-08-2012 at 12:44 PM.
MrRidgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM #471
paintballking72

I still can not take anything you say as valid. Of course there are things I don't like, but there is ALOT that I do like. I'm a very visual person, more entertained by being able to walk around the ship and look at all the detail and such.

I personally really like the combat, and I don't blow through enemies even on regular, guess I'm just not MLG like you.

The menus are a little sketchy, but it's whatever. If they would have left it exactly the same, you'd be complaining about that too.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:53 PM #472
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRidgway View Post
Big spoiler ahead, don't highlight if you don't want the ending given away. Suffice it to say, you CANNOT get the best ending without doing multiplayer/iOS game.

Bull ****. Bull ****, bull ****, bull ****. Without playing the multiplayer, both Shepherd and Anderson die. I completed almost every quest in game and found almost all the items to make myself war ready (some quests were bugged) and I finished with a total of 6666 military strength. At 50% readiness my EMS was 3333. The best ending happens at 5,000 EMS. At 2,800 EMS you get access to all 3 options to end the game, but Anderson and Shepherd both die. Only at the higher EMS can you save both Anderson and Shepherd.

You definitely know more than this guy:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...9665384-1.html
Sauce
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM #473
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I still can not take anything you say as valid. Of course there are things I don't like, but there is ALOT that I do like. I'm a very visual person, more entertained by being able to walk around the ship and look at all the detail and such.

I personally really like the combat, and I don't blow through enemies even on regular, guess I'm just not MLG like you.

The menus are a little sketchy, but it's whatever. If they would have left it exactly the same, you'd be complaining about that too.
The menus are terrible, but I could overlook that if they didn't completely **** up the journal. I mean, the ME2 interface wasn't great, but it was infinitely more useful than the new one.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM #474
paintballking72

I can live with most of these flaws. One that truly annoys me though, is that you can get journal updates by walking past a person of interest, that you don't physically need to talk to, but you can overhear their conversations.

A lot of times I don't hear what they want and it really bugs me.

I had something funny happen last night. I was lol'ing at myself and the game. I was on the Citadel, walking down the main hall in the Normandy docking area. You know how that Keeper always turns down that hall and starts walking towards you? Somehow I got stuck in between him and the wall as I walked past him...

I was like thing |->

| = the wall
- = me
> = the keepers legs.

totally homo...
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM #475
forgiven2008
Boomer Sooner

forgiven2008 donated to help Peyton Trent
forgiven2008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
forgiven2008 is Legendary
I was in the docking area for the Normandy and I stopped in front of a keeper and went to get some food. It never moved haha.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/houstonsurge28
forgiven2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM #476
paintballking72

That was the problem. I walked passed column in the wall right as I was passing the keeper. I got stuck between his legs () and he pushed a back at the column, then he stopped, and didn't move. And you can't push him, so I was just stuck against the wall/column and his legs. I had to save and then load

I knew them Keepers had something wrong with them
Old 03-08-2012, 04:04 PM #477
octane2079
Drunken Badger

octane2079 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
So max out my ems bar and all shall be good regardless of if I play multiplayer?
Xbox Live/Origin Name Edgyxsf
octane2079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 PM #478
paintballking72

Not really a spoiler, but don't know how much you guys care.
I are kinda disappoint. All these *****es are trying to get in my pants, and you can only take one? Ashley it is

Also, I believe the Diane Allers chick is based off her real life self. So hot.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM #479
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane2079 View Post
So max out my ems bar and all shall be good regardless of if I play multiplayer?
In beta we didn't have access to multiplayer, and I got the "perfect" ending everyone is talking about.

The main thing is a ton of decisions from ME1 and ME2 play into your total EMS, in addition to side quests in ME3. However in ME3 quite a few of the side quests are "timed", and if you don't complete them by a certain point they grey out in your log instead of correctly being removed. Thats probably what is killing peoples EMS scores and "forcing" them to play multiplayer. I honestly enjoy the multiplayer and also enjoy the fact instead of grinding planets like a jackass I can chill with some of my friends and rape the **** out of the reapers in co-op instead of grinding random as **** quests. However in beta I had to do the quest/planet grind, and still got the perfect ending so I know it is 100% possible to get it without touching multiplayer.
Sauce
Old 03-08-2012, 04:19 PM #480
paintballking72

I really freaking enjoy the iOS app. At least as an iOS game.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:11 PM #481
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is BST Legit
My Prothean squadmate is bad ***... it almosts feels like cheating... lol...

Last edited by erayser : 03-08-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:17 PM #482
paintballking72

I need to download the DLC then
Old 03-08-2012, 05:22 PM #483
erayser
AlternativePB.com

Annual Supporting Member
erayser is a Moderator
erayser is BST Legit
Quote:
I need to download the DLC then
ooops... should I have I used spoiler tags?