Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2012, 12:33 PM #1
GinRummy

Buying paintballs online

He field I play at is FPO. However, the past couple times I've played, the paint has been in terrible shape. I'm not really much of a complainer, but it was dimpled to the point that I couldn't hit the same tree from 10 to 15 feet away. Anyway, my question is, does anyone have experience buying paint online? I'd like to use ANSgear, as I have an account with them and and happy with their shipping procedures. I've never bought paintballs though. Do they break during shipping? Does ANS usually deliver stuff that's fresh and hasn't sat in a warehouse under pallets for years? Any insight would be helpful, thanks.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 PM #2
Commander_Bubbles
KCMO

if you're field is FPO only, there is no point in ordering online. and personally i like to buy it in person so i can inspect it my self before i leave with it. my field will switch out any bad batches you get. ask your field what their policy is. ask them if they can check it before you buy it. if you explain to them the bad experience you've had with the paint, i'm sure they'd be willing to help you out

"Originally posted by John: I got 99 problems by my last count..."
Commander_Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 PM #3
GinRummy

It is FPO, but they do a very, very bad job of making sure its their paint. I'm all for following the rules, I truly am, but I went through 3 different cases before I settled on one, and it was still atrocious with the dimples. Looked kind of like oatmeal. It's just not worth my money to shoot like that. But yea, I see why you would want to buy in person. I was just curious if anyone had good or bad experiences with ANS's paintball shipments.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM #4
pbcustom98
Goldmember

has been a member for 10 years
pbcustom98 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pbcustom98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcustom98 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
well generally there are no returns on paintballs. there is no way any company will guarantee the safe arrival of a box of paint, when they cannot control what happens past their doors.

ANS can be the best company in paintball, but they still ship via USPS/fedex etc.
pbcustom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:44 AM #5
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

ive ordered online a few tmes from rockstar tactical, since theyre closeby to me in PA. no problems. however, i prefer buying from my field on the day that i play, even though i usually go on BYOP days.

i'd bring up the paint issue with your field, and talk to as many other players as possible and see if theyre having the same issues. if the field isnt wiling to address it, might be time to go elsewhere if possible.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:54 AM #6
GinRummy

Alright, thanks everyone for the input
Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM #7
David32270

Annual Supporting Member
David32270 is for the Gunfight
David32270 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
David32270 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
David32270 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I mostly got my paint from them I live in Texas, and I have no complains, no damage paintballs just jet,
David32270 is offline   Reply With Quote