lakersallday26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 AM #2
Axe56
(e)rAwR!

has been a member for 10 years
Axe56 posts videos on PbNation
This really depends on your wallet, your local weather, your marker.

How long does it take you to shoot 2000 rounds? Some paint is meant to be used quickly, other paint will last a bit longer if you take care of it.
If it's hot out different paint works better than when it's cold out.

Cheap paint is cheap for a reason - it often has a really big seam between the two shell halfs, this catches the air while in flight and will spin the paintball making it un-predictable on where it lands / flys to.
More expensive paint is generally higher-quality. Higher quality means it'll break on the target more often, not in your marker, and fly straighter/more consistently. This doesn't mean you have to spend 70+ dollars on 2000 rounds to have a good day at the field. If you're just playing with friends I wouldn't spend the money.

I'd highly recommend PMI / RPS Premium - it's a great mid-grade paintball that won't break the bank, and has a pretty durable shell for mid-low grade markers, and has a decent shelf life if you have it sitting around for longer than a month or two.

Last edited by Axe56 : 02-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Axe56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 AM #3
lakersallday26

thank you for the feedback, i live in southern california so it is mostly hot weather all the time and I have a pmr just getting back into paintball which i dont know how fast i would go through 2000 rounds
lakersallday26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 AM #4
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Can't go wrong with premium...dxs rec sport is a decent paint for thenprice as well. Just for the love of Mary don't buy paint at wal mart and expect it to be top notch...or even decent for that matter!

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 AM #5
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
dxs is definitely going to be the most consistent regardless of what type you get from them. They're more expensive than the Dick's brands you'll find out there, but you won't be running a squeegee through your barrel as much, either.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 AM #6
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
kpraytor posts videos on PbNation
kpraytor has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Not sure what the rules are at your home field, but mine does not allow Brass Eagle or JT paint.

Wal-mart and Academy sell a lot of JT branded paintballs. Be careful with what you buy or you might have just wasted money.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. - Declaration of Independence
kpraytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM #7
spaz22colon
thats ery day

like axe said it depends on weather, gun and your wallet. Some paint shoots really well in colder weather and not so well in warmer weather. you just have to test the paint that day. dxs is very good paint along with premium if your looking for a name but they are more expensive.
spaz22colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 AM #8
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I live in Colorado, which means that much of the paint is bigger bore than that at lower altitudes. I'm fine with the JT Elites at Wal-Mart, which run cheap at $30 a case. I'm a rec player, though, so paint really doesn't matter as much as in a tourney. I've played with Draxxus, and they're very nice. I've also played with Visible Impact, which were actually the best balls I've ever played with, as far as breaking on impact, flying straight, and maintaining shell shape through storage. As most of the others said, it depends on what you play and where you live!

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:33 AM #9
Danny138Von
Danny N. Bergman

Danny138Von plays in the PSP
Danny138Von is Legendary
Honestly with all the years I've played, I can tell you that any paint is fine as long as it's round (no dimples) and breaks when you drop it from the waste (give or take a bounce or two and then break). Fill quality only really matters if you are playing tournaments, other than that any paint is fine.
IG: Danny138Von
LA Collision
Danny138Von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:37 AM #10
epikfailpaintball
Team Onslaught!

epikfailpaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
epikfailpaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
epikfailpaintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
There are HUGE debates on which paintball is the best. If you shoot pump and want ever shot to count, I would suggest premium paint at your local field. If you go out guns blazin', I would suggest cheaper paint because you will use a lot of it fast and that is money flying out of you barrel
epikfailpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote