Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM #1198
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Yes, build up the gland under the oring/xring. A fairly good gauge is right around a broken in stock oring... It has to seal, but should offer fairly low resistance.

New ideas being shown at: inceptionforums.com
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM #1199
StinKb8

Ok, I've tried the smallest and the medium oring with buildup and I'm still getting the same results.. I don't have a chrono to shoot over but am able to put paint through it, however there is enough blowback that it's shooting balls out of my feedneck (when I just drop 2 in there). Also when I'm dry firing and have my hand over my feedneck I'm getting negative pressure, its literally sucking my hand. This only occurs when I roll my trigger, if I'm just slowing trigger pulling I'm still getting blowback, when I roll it is sucking air through the feedneck...
StinKb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:23 PM #1200
StinKb8

Well, all I can say is, that was more work than I really wanted to get this thing working... That being said, I think I've got this thing working.. I have yet to run it over a chrono and see what FPS I'm shooting but after very slowly building up the gland under the oring I finally got it to the point i'm not kicking balls out of my feed neck. Lurker bolt with supplied oring in rearmost position, I did just end up using my stock oring off of my original poppet, that was already broken in. My settings right now (again without a chrono) Dwell - 3.5ms, Backcap - out 3/4, PSI - 135ish.. Idk when I'll get to a chrono again but hopefully my pressure can get up there without other issues arising..
StinKb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:30 AM #1201
ironyusa

That sounds about right.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM #1202
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My team mate just got this and will be testing his out today since he was having problems with efficiency.

If dwell at 5.5 and pressure at 150 with lurker poppit and boss bolt what else can we check? I believe back cap turned 2 turns out to get it to shoot..

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761

ROTOR V3 & HALO TOO FS CHEAP http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post85584209
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:44 PM #1203
ironyusa

Back cap is way too far out with the Lurker poppet and the dwell is likely too high too. Try the small oring on the rear of the bolt and maybe the medium spring.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:46 PM #1204
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
You know the size of the smaller oring for back of the bolt?

Today going to make time for this and test out.

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761

ROTOR V3 & HALO TOO FS CHEAP http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post85584209
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM #1205
tjboston5676

tjboston5676 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tjboston5676 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ok let me start with this. i have lurker bolt and poppet in both an axe and a mini. in the mini i think im at 4 dwell 140-150 psi and maybe 1-1.25 turns out the back and it shoots pure sex! its quiet, efficient and smooth. Now in my axe, this was the first gun i tried the poppet in and im pretty sure i may of screwed it up. i ended up with it going into the guide and shavings everywhere. i did however end up with it shooting great for awhile. then it was just crap all the time. ordered a new bolt guide and that helped. was still inconsistent and was breaking balls. messed with the oring a bit and got it to barely seal (also my bolt just barely seals as well. pretty sure ive got all my orings where they need to be), everything slides super easy. to get it to shoot 290 i have dwell at 6 backcap around .75-1 and pressure at 200. gun shoots really smooth and is very consistent. so with that said should i leave it alone or order a new poppet (since earlier i said it went into the old guide and had shavings) or is there something else to look at? to lower the pressure?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 PM #1206
tjboston5676

just ordered another poppet anyways. will see if that helps anything, also ordered some lurker juiced lube. cant wait to see how that works
Old 08-20-2014, 11:29 PM #1207
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
We'll replace that free
Old 08-20-2014, 11:41 PM #1208
tjboston5676

oh, i didnt know that. you can refund me $30 then if not its ok. should be under tj boston
Old 08-29-2014, 03:20 AM #1209
Koa012591

Sooo what I'm reading is that the poppet is not as great as it should be out the box.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:06 AM #1210
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
Got mine working for about half a case, been pretty useless ever since, I finally just gave up on it after about 5 tanks of air, 20 or 30 orings , and way to many hours.
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:52 AM #1211
tjboston5676

Got new poppet and bolt guide in the axe and still same thing. Shoots great and very consistent but running at 200psi. I think I'm just gonna leave it at that for awhile. And for the guys saying it's not a great product out of the box it actually is. The one in my mini dropped right in lowered dwell to 4ms and 140psi shoots amazing. The problem is the bolt guides aren't very consistent from gun to gun. That's why every single person and gun had a completely different result. I'll eventually play with the axe more or send it in. But it is a great product. (If you don't want to spend the time on it for the added efficiency smoothness and more quiet sound then don't buy it)
Old 08-29-2014, 01:57 PM #1212
cheater13
I know, my name sucks.

cheater13 helped look for balloons
cheater13 supports Sherwood Forest
cheater13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cheater13 supports Empire
I would like to read all of this but you all that got the Lurker bolt/poppet, how is it working? I don't know how to adjust dwell or anything yet. My v1 is shooting pretty good all stock internals but would like to go this route.
cheater13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:31 PM #1213
AndrewTheWookie
Disciple of the dark side

AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends V
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VI
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VII
In the Axe I tuned, I had the poppet/bolt combo working smoothly at 4ms dwell, 150ish psi, and I forget where the back cap was but it was around the standard turns out.

I found that the dwell had the biggest effect on everything for the gun. Once I had a fairly good seal on the poppet o-ring, lowering the dwell as much as possible sort of brought everything together.

WTB Kodachi Marq trigger and dust clear UL tip
Random parts/frames sale
AndrewTheWookie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:32 PM #1214
creyes

Annual Supporting Member
creyes plays in the APPA beginner division
creyes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have just the bolt - not the poppet.

Put it together properly. Fire and I can't get the gun to shoot over 200fps. My guess is the oring on the back of the spacer. I used the stock one as the instructions said but the seal is incredibly loose, I'll post a short video later. Could the spacer not sealing cause the low fps issues? Should I just use a bigger oring
creyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:23 AM #1215
ironyusa

Not sealing on the spacer shouldn't cause low fps... It'll just keep you from being able to pinch paint. I'd suggest you relube your poppet and change the bolt guide orings.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:02 AM #1216
cheater13
I know, my name sucks.

cheater13 helped look for balloons
cheater13 supports Sherwood Forest
cheater13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cheater13 supports Empire
I think I'll just stick to the stock bolt for now. I'll do some more research on this stuff for future upgrades.
cheater13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:38 AM #1217
creyes

Annual Supporting Member
creyes plays in the APPA beginner division
creyes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Not sealing on the spacer shouldn't cause low fps... It'll just keep you from being able to pinch paint. I'd suggest you relube your poppet and change the bolt guide orings.
The thing is that when just swap out the bolts (remove the lurker spacer/bolt) and put the stock one in, no other changes, the gun shoots fine. Does the lurker bolt interact with the guide differently?
creyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 AM #1218
tjboston5676

Ok so after comparing my mini setup to the axe (both hVe lurker bolt and poppet) to find out why the mini shoots great compared to axe I finally figured it out. My bolt guide orings weren't sealing enough. The bolt over the guide had a very small bit of resistance when sliding over the guide in the mini, whereas the axe had absolutely no resistance. So I played with guide orings (not the spacer) and finally reached about the same resistance As on the mini. Aired it up and chronoed was about 315-320. At the 180psi I had finally dropped to from 200. I had to bring pressure down to about 160 to get 285-290fps. and I believe dwell is at 5ms. Shot with ball on ball accuracy and super quiet, has just a tiny bit of kick but overall I'm finally happy with the axe now.