PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2012, 09:10 AM #1
dyepaint17

dyepaint17 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dyepaint17 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm needing a replacement board for my DM and I'm stuck between these two boards. I have never used APE and therefore know nothing about them. Can y'all tell me the actual differences between them without telling me to go to virtue or hater or anything, I need an OLED and Virtue is out of my price and Tadao is what I'm trying to replace and I have no plans on giving them any money.

Also, are the boards the same design, as in if I order stinger grips for it set for the ape board, it would fit both boards right?

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 02-22-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Double post.
dyepaint17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 PM #2
Chuckasaurus
Giggity

Chuckasaurus plays in the APPA D4 division
First off, APE's "Rampage" board and 7th Element's "Pathfinder" board require different grips, as their OLED displays are different sizes, and in different places.

The APE board has a display that is bigger, and displays more information than the Pathfinder board. Compared to the APE OLED display, the 7th Element display seems small.

I believe that APE's programming is head and shoulders above everyone else's, and should be the deciding factor when looking at an aftermarket board. I think the APE "Rampage" board is truly an upgrade, whereas the "Pathfinder" board doesn't seem to do much more than the stock DM board from a programming standpoint (if someone thinks I'm wrong, please explain how).

The APE board will never become obsolete, because the tournament modes can be changed by simply turning on the board and going into your programming mode. Your Rampage board will never need to be sent in to be "reflashed" due to changes in the tournament modes.

Additionally, the APE board comes with acrylic grips made by Stinger Paintball Designs (SPD). You can buy your APE board with the "Rampage" grips, or you can buy your APE OLED board without grips for $10 less, and have custom grips made for your marker by SPD with a design of your choosing.

This is my opinion, and you made the right decision to ask around before making a purchase. It's best to be well informed before making a purchase like this.

Last edited by Chuckasaurus : 02-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Chuckasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM #3
FilipanicBaller

I bought an APE OLED board for my DM a few weeks ago and overall, I'm very pleased.

The display is big and delivers a lot of information. And I like having the battery meter on the grip. I wouldn't say the board is a necessary upgrade, but if you are set on buying a new board, I'd say the APE is probably the best choice.
FilipanicBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 PM #4
Mike838

I too have an APE OLED and really like it. it is fairly user friendly, super easy to navigate when you become familiar with it. Bright screen, easy to fine tune. I actually like not having the extra programs like the Virtues do. all i like is the trigger trainer (which the APE has), i dont need my board to beep at me at certain times to tell me what to do next, thats what practice and coaches are for.

I recommend the APE OLED, not sure if OLEDs are extremely necessary, but they are very nice to have when fine tuning your marker and/or would like to be able to change modes/settings/ets extremely easily
Mike838 is offline   Reply With Quote