paintballgeek
Working Cl*******

paintballgeek is a Supporting Member
paintballgeek is a founding member
paintballgeek plays in the APPA D3 division
paintballgeek supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWPaintball View Post
Yes, Sunday is build day. I am waiting to mow on Saturday.

Also, Goggle Lenses are in for those that ordered.

Remember Player Dues.
John can you PM me how much I owe you for the smoke and the chrome lenses? Any word on the black Eflexs?
Play at Xcape
old feedback +23/0
paintballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 PM #464
ruthless36
BRUSH YO TEEF

I won't be able to make it Sunday - I have to help the gf move to her new apt since she helped me out quite a bit moving to Akron.

However, there are a couple things I would like to mention as a follow up after Event 2 now that everyone has had a few days to chill out after the two matches.

I think our first priorities as a team moving forward should be collective attitude and communication on and off the field during matches. I think we can all agree that winning each match was certainly within our reach as we parked and put our gear on to play. We all put a significant amount of effort and time into preparing for the Event, but chose to let our discomfort in being down points distract our ability to adapt and win. Based on my observations, I think the team owes a big thank you to Sean, Noah, Gengles, Justin S, Joel K and Tony for keeping relatively constructive attitudes throughout both matches.

In my opinion, we did not win a match on Sunday because did not have the overall attitude of a winning team. The majority blamed each other and focused solely on the problems at hand. Whereas, motivating each other and focusing on solutions would have been the more constructive approach. Winners do not blame or get down on others for losing. They take accountability and do whatever it takes to win the next breakout, 30 secs on the field, point, game or whatever.

We have all put a lot of time in together this summer, and everyone has shown improvement in many, many areas throughout the summer and I am glad to be a part of this team. The collective experience and skill we have is not something to take for granted. Our focus for the following practices and for the next event should be to not let our desire to win distract us from what it takes to do so.

Thats about all I have for feedback regarding the last event. A kind of inspirational email forwarded from my boss recently is copied below. Feel free to read if you're interested - it can be somewhat traslated to our team.

"Just about a month ago, after watching the LA Kings win the Stanley Cup, I wrote a piece on lessons to be learned about teamwork from the world of sports. This week, after being glued to my TV for 8 days watching the Tour de France, itís time to go that route again. By the way, whether youíre a bicycle enthusiast or not, watching the Tour is truly an exciting experience.

The race consists of 22 teams of 9 riders who race over 2000 miles divided into 21 stages. The race started in Belgium, went into France, Sunday they spent some time in Switzerland, and now the rest of the race will be back in France. There are flat stages, horrific mountain stages in the Alps and Pyrenees and individual time trails where each rider races against the clock.

Hereís the point I want to make. After a week of racing, 20 riders have already had to drop out of the race because of serious injuries. There have been many crashes, many broken bones, and several riders ended up in the hospital. Itís really a very dangerous event. Riders are traveling at over 25 miles an hour and when you crash and hit the ground at that speed, youíre lucky if you arenít seriously injured and in fact, many are.

Why does this happen? Because every one of the 198 riders is there to win, or assist a teammate in winning. The Tour is the biggest bicycle race in the world and winning is everything. But if youíre a rider, itís not enough that you want to win or your team to win. Every other rider has the same intention and after 21 stages, thereís only going to be one winner, and one stage winner each day. So each rider knows that he must take risks. This is not a race for the faint of heart. You have to get on your bike each day, ride full out, do everything in your power to win, and take the risks associated with that.

Can you already see the analogy to business? If you have a company, you too want to win. And youíre clear, or should be, that there are others playing the same game that you are and they too want to win. Sometimes, one winning means others losing. I have many clients that bid on projects against many others and only one bidder gets the job. Often, the game of business is not for the faint of heart. Those that win, and win consistently, are often the ones that approach the game the same way a rider in the Tour de France approaches each day on the bike. Meaning, Ö

They play full out, all the time, every day. They donít hold anything back. They donít allow fear to influence their decisions. They donít try and cut corners and get away with shortcuts. And the biggie: theyíre willing to take risks.

If you havenít yet figured this out, here are some basic facts of life and business. Life doesnít come with any guarantees. Life isnít fair. Good guys do finish last. Bad things do happen to good people. Thatís just the way it is. So if youíre complaining about any of those realities, itís time to stop. It will get you nowhere and just have you feel like a victim. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Often you have little control of that. But what you do have control over is how you play the game. So spend some time watching the Tour and learn a lesson from those amazing athletes. Youíll see what it takes to be a winner.

Have a great week.Ē
Old 07-19-2012, 08:49 PM #465
JStew
The Fight!!!

Annual Supporting Member
JStew posts videos on PbNation
JStew plays in the APPA D4 division
JStew supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless36 View Post
I won't be able to make it Sunday - I have to help the gf move to her new apt since she helped me out quite a bit moving to Akron.

However, there are a couple things I would like to mention as a follow up after Event 2 now that everyone has had a few days to chill out after the two matches.

I think our first priorities as a team moving forward should be collective attitude and communication on and off the field during matches. I think we can all agree that winning each match was certainly within our reach as we parked and put our gear on to play. We all put a significant amount of effort and time into preparing for the Event, but chose to let our discomfort in being down points distract our ability to adapt and win. Based on my observations, I think the team owes a big thank you to Sean, Noah, Gengles, Justin S, Joel K and Tony for keeping relatively constructive attitudes throughout both matches.

In my opinion, we did not win a match on Sunday because did not have the overall attitude of a winning team. The majority blamed each other and focused solely on the problems at hand. Whereas, motivating each other and focusing on solutions would have been the more constructive approach. Winners do not blame or get down on others for losing. They take accountability and do whatever it takes to win the next breakout, 30 secs on the field, point, game or whatever.

We have all put a lot of time in together this summer, and everyone has shown improvement in many, many areas throughout the summer and I am glad to be a part of this team. The collective experience and skill we have is not something to take for granted. Our focus for the following practices and for the next event should be to not let our desire to win distract us from what it takes to do so.

Thats about all I have for feedback regarding the last event. A kind of inspirational email forwarded from my boss recently is copied below. Feel free to read if you're interested - it can be somewhat traslated to our team.

"Just about a month ago, after watching the LA Kings win the Stanley Cup, I wrote a piece on lessons to be learned about teamwork from the world of sports. This week, after being glued to my TV for 8 days watching the Tour de France, itís time to go that route again. By the way, whether youíre a bicycle enthusiast or not, watching the Tour is truly an exciting experience.

The race consists of 22 teams of 9 riders who race over 2000 miles divided into 21 stages. The race started in Belgium, went into France, Sunday they spent some time in Switzerland, and now the rest of the race will be back in France. There are flat stages, horrific mountain stages in the Alps and Pyrenees and individual time trails where each rider races against the clock.

Hereís the point I want to make. After a week of racing, 20 riders have already had to drop out of the race because of serious injuries. There have been many crashes, many broken bones, and several riders ended up in the hospital. Itís really a very dangerous event. Riders are traveling at over 25 miles an hour and when you crash and hit the ground at that speed, youíre lucky if you arenít seriously injured and in fact, many are.

Why does this happen? Because every one of the 198 riders is there to win, or assist a teammate in winning. The Tour is the biggest bicycle race in the world and winning is everything. But if youíre a rider, itís not enough that you want to win or your team to win. Every other rider has the same intention and after 21 stages, thereís only going to be one winner, and one stage winner each day. So each rider knows that he must take risks. This is not a race for the faint of heart. You have to get on your bike each day, ride full out, do everything in your power to win, and take the risks associated with that.

Can you already see the analogy to business? If you have a company, you too want to win. And youíre clear, or should be, that there are others playing the same game that you are and they too want to win. Sometimes, one winning means others losing. I have many clients that bid on projects against many others and only one bidder gets the job. Often, the game of business is not for the faint of heart. Those that win, and win consistently, are often the ones that approach the game the same way a rider in the Tour de France approaches each day on the bike. Meaning, Ö

They play full out, all the time, every day. They donít hold anything back. They donít allow fear to influence their decisions. They donít try and cut corners and get away with shortcuts. And the biggie: theyíre willing to take risks.

If you havenít yet figured this out, here are some basic facts of life and business. Life doesnít come with any guarantees. Life isnít fair. Good guys do finish last. Bad things do happen to good people. Thatís just the way it is. So if youíre complaining about any of those realities, itís time to stop. It will get you nowhere and just have you feel like a victim. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Often you have little control of that. But what you do have control over is how you play the game. So spend some time watching the Tour and learn a lesson from those amazing athletes. Youíll see what it takes to be a winner.

Have a great week.Ē
Greatly said.

JStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:53 AM #466
MrAnderson

MrAnderson plays in the APPA D5 division
MrAnderson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MrAnderson supports DLX Technology
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

Joel very nice message. thx for posting.
www.jawpaintball.com

MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:01 AM #467
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u32-...layer_embedded
OGD#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:51 AM #468
nightkast1111
Give All Take Lives

nightkast1111 supports Team VICIOUS
nightkast1111 supports DLX Technology
lehman beat me to the punch at posting my own video to my own thread .... for shameeeeee

BAD COMPANY FAN CLUB #45
nightkast1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 PM #469
ishootuoffbreak

whats goin on tomorrow?

Slippery Rock University
ishootuoffbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 PM #470
JStew
The Fight!!!

Annual Supporting Member
JStew supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootuoffbreak
whats goin on tomorrow?
This!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 AM #471
JAWPaintball
ERIE LAND SHARKS

JAWPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
Evidently I said at the Event that there was no practice. Don't remember but only had 3-4 that would be here. I am still going to get the layout up today so any help would be appreciated.
Erie Land Sharks, AXBL 07, 08, 09 NYPL 2010 4th Place, USPA 2011 Champions, USPA 2nd Place 2012, USPA 2013,
JAWPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM #472
JAWPaintball
ERIE LAND SHARKS

LAYOUT 3 IS UP.

Heros are coming next Sunday. Try to be here getting ready by 10am. This may be a 3 case scrimmage 2 for sure.

Justin S I got your receipt you are Paid in Full.
Erie Land Sharks, AXBL 07, 08, 09 NYPL 2010 4th Place, USPA 2011 Champions, USPA 2nd Place 2012, USPA 2013,
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM #473
JStew
The Fight!!!

Annual Supporting Member
JStew supports Empire
Layout 3 has some really well lanes! And some good drop shots

Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM #474
Splat2245

Splat2245 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Splat2245 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Splat2245 supports DLX Technology
Well said Joel!

Thanks for getting the new layout up guys!

Good vid Justin!

Let's have some fun when we scrimmage the Heros...great opportunity for both teams!
Splat2245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:17 PM #475
JAWPaintball
ERIE LAND SHARKS

4 Flex Goggles are on the way I emailed everyone. These are for the ones that have preordered.

Shipping update these are coming out of MO so 3 business days. Monday is the day of arrival.

Max - Black

Player Dues:

Joel C. Paid in Full
Justin S. Paid in Full
Tony B Paid in Full
Joel K Paid in Full
Noah H Paid in Full

Last edited by JAWPaintball : 07-27-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 PM #476
nightkast1111
Give All Take Lives

nightkast1111 supports DLX Technology
You mother ****ers better be ready to grind tomorrow

BAD COMPANY FAN CLUB #45
nightkast1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 PM #477
dragonguy
#3 Senior Dragon

Hey guys thanks a lot for having us down to scrim. It was a good day, I know our guys learned a lot about the layout. Thanks for the help, if u guys need any help at E3 let us know.
Lockport Dragons USPA 2011, 2012 #3
Lockport Dragons NYPL 2010 #3
Ithaca Marauders MXL 2008, 2009 #3
dragonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM #478
T-broc

Sorry I didn't make the last practice. I tried to get out of work, but they just couldn't live without me. I wanted you guys to know I can't make the next event. If anyone didn't know my wife is pregnant and will be having the baby any day around this event. I'll keep practicing with the team and will send my maker up if you guys want it as a back up. Make sure to crush them. I don't want my season to be over!
T-broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 PM #479
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
Great day of paintball guys, looking forward to many more!

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:21 AM #480
JAWPaintball
ERIE LAND SHARKS

Just to make sure you all know there is practice here Sunday.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM #481
evilImpulse06

evilImpulse06 supports Cereal Killerz 2
evilImpulse06 donated to help Peyton Trent
evilImpulse06 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
evilImpulse06 supports Team VICIOUS
I have to work this Sunday but I will be up next week sorry schedules been super crazy we just hired a new guy and had to change a bunch of stuff miss u fellas
KATSPIX
LANDSHARKS
evilImpulse06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM #482
JAWPaintball
ERIE LAND SHARKS

Heck of a thing to have a real job isn't it?

Player Dues update:

Joel C. Paid in Full
Justin S. Paid in Full
Tony B Paid in Full
Joel K Paid in Full
Noah H Paid in Full
Max E Paid in Full
Old 08-04-2012, 06:57 PM #483
stmac15

stmac15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stmac15 plays in the APPA D4 division
stmac15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stmac15 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A friend and I are starting up a new small business. We will be providing various things such as t-shirts, posters, mugs, key chains, and much more! What makes us special is we can do CUSTOM TEAM GEAR. Want to show some extra support for your team off the field? Need a banner to let people know who you are at a tournament? Let us know and we can get you looking great! Our products are cheap! Just send me a private message and we can talk about your needs. We aim to please the Customer!

"If you're not first, you're last" - George Washington while crossing the Deleware
stmac15 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups