Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 PM #1
ky7jg

The annoyances of the PbNation

So I've been on the nation for a while now and I've noticed a couple things that kinda piss me off. Idk if these are just stupid pet peeves, but i can't be the only one who is bothered by these. I might be exaggerating some of these but I hope you get the point.

1. When someone with high feedback thinks that their feedback=$$$
i.e. someone with 150/0/0 would try to sell a stock ego 8 for 500

2. When people rudely turn down offers. RUDELY
i.e.
potential buyer for a geo+: $300 shipped?
seller: gtfo lowballer, if that's really all you have, go offer on an ion. lowballers like you should be banned

3. When people make "rules" on their threads and try to enforce them like they are the law and whenever someone "breaks the rules", the seller treats that person as if they are of a lower intelligence level.
i.e.
*potential buyer offers a trade on an "f/s" only thread
seller: illiterate people like you shouldnt be on this site. READ THE RULES

4. When people say, "don't be afraid to offer" then would rip on someone when they offer
i.e.
refer to #2

5. When someone would get deep in a deal, then will back out while you are on your way to the post office.
i.e.
do i really need one?

6. People who go out of their way to give others negative feedback instead of actually trying to fix the problem.

7. When people (regardless of their feedback) act as if their gun always deserves "a trade heavily in my favor"
i.e.
geo+$50 for a dm7

Lmk some of your thoughts on this and if you have anything to add.
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 12:06 AM #2
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
For most of those points it comes down to professionalism. If your coming in to a deal to buy say a $800 gun and can not simply read rules and follow them it does get annoying.

For most people who offer a trade it is a lower end gun plus cash or a piece of gear. i.e. I am selling my 2012 g6r fs only for 950. Someone comes in and offers there 08 ego. To me I will more then likely take the ego and then in return to sell it. The time, effort, and loss in shipping and PP costs bumps the trade value of my marker up.

People who have high feedback that is all positive tend to get that by usually very nice and well maintained gear so they will demand high market value. Also most prices posted on here are or best offer so people will post one a tad higher as people will always offer below it so they get "a deal".
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 AM #3
Paper-Cut (Banned)
mentally unstable

Paper-Cut has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
People who want people to ship first then pay, anyone knows if there is a problem it is easier to get money back than it is an item.

People who post in your thread "PM me the lowest you'll go" like I'm going to go out of my way to satisfy the lowest bidder.

People who want me to pay all of their fees or gift the money. It's the sellers fees, either include it in the price or use the hundreds of dollars I am paying you.

Last edited by Paper-Cut : 02-08-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Paper-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:22 AM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky7jg View Post
3. When people make "rules" on their threads and try to enforce them like they are the law and whenever someone "breaks the rules", the seller treats that person as if they are of a lower intelligence level.
i.e.
*potential buyer offers a trade on an "f/s" only thread
seller: illiterate people like you shouldnt be on this site. READ THE RULES
People who repeatedly make trade offers on f/s only threads ARE of a lower intelligence level. And really, really annoying.

Say you're forced to sell off a precious piece of your collection in a monetary emergency (you NEED that $600, right NOW).

You get a useless trade offer. You kindly decline, "sorry, no thank you."

You get a few more unneeded trade offers. You flatly decline, "no."

You get yet more unwanted trade offers. You firmly decline, "no trades, cash only"

You continue to get the vile, despicable, time wasting, insulting (by just existing, even if the trade is theoretically sound), despised trade offers. You get angry... and there aren't enough asterisks on the internet to censor the stream of profanities you unleash.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 AM #5
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
^
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 AM #6
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
People who repeatedly make trade offers on f/s only threads ARE of a lower intelligence level. And really, really annoying.

Say you're forced to sell off a precious piece of your collection in a monetary emergency (you NEED that $600, right NOW).

You get yet more unwanted trade offers. You firmly decline, "no trades, cash only"

You continue to get the vile, despicable, time wasting, insulting (by just existing, even if the trade is theoretically sound), despised trade offers. You get angry... and there aren't enough asterisks on the internet to censor the stream of profanities you unleash.
This. Every ****ing time. I list all my gear on the Nation pretty much the day I receive it because I know it will be at least 12 months before I get a cash offer that isn't a horrible lowball/flaky buyer.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:30 AM #7
Paper-Cut (Banned)
mentally unstable

Quote:

How about the people who insist on writing 3 pages worth of random **** all in a bright red or green font, then wonder why people don't read what they wrote.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 AM #8
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
Every 3 months someone will make a thread in paintball talk with topic along the lines of "funniest paintball memory", "the sport is dying", "do you pay for your gear" etc. This has been happening for what seems like every 3 months since 2001.

I also like how everybody posts "not shipping first" in their for sale threads. Its a wonder any transactions ever get done on here.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 AM #9
Paper-Cut (Banned)
mentally unstable

Seems to me the b/s/t section's manners need some work.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 AM #10
ky7jg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbuddy12 View Post
For most of those points it comes down to professionalism. If your coming in to a deal to buy say a $800 gun and can not simply read rules and follow them it does get annoying.

For most people who offer a trade it is a lower end gun plus cash or a piece of gear. i.e. I am selling my 2012 g6r fs only for 950. Someone comes in and offers there 08 ego. To me I will more then likely take the ego and then in return to sell it. The time, effort, and loss in shipping and PP costs bumps the trade value of my marker up.

People who have high feedback that is all positive tend to get that by usually very nice and well maintained gear so they will demand high market value. Also most prices posted on here are or best offer so people will post one a tad higher as people will always offer below it so they get "a deal".
How does time and effort you put into a product increase trade value? So does that mean cancelling an appointment to ship something out would increase the value?
Quote:

So it's just a matter of anger and intolerance of maybe some who are new to the site and are not used to the "rules" in a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
Seems to me the b/s/t section's manners need some work.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 AM #11
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Gonna have to side with Fubarius...that **** does get annoying, yet also, Paper has a good point about all the annoying colors making a poster's "rules" so annoying nobody reads them.

What gets me is when people don't look to see that there are already 3 threads on a topic in the correct forum and decide to make a new topic in the wrong forum about the same thing...

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 PM #12
ballahamman32
BOOM!!

Annual Supporting Member
ballahamman32 is BST Legit
ballahamman32 is playing at Living Legends VII
ballahamman32 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ballahamman32 supports DLX Technology
ballahamman32 supports Empire
its bugs me when people selling things make the same thread over and over again the same exact thing doesn't need to be on the forum 84 times!

i also hate people who get on here who have been on the forum for 3 days and have 10 posts put in their threads i will NEVER ship first

I fix ions leaks not shooting tuning, I also fix broken ion boards pm me for prices on any ion instillations or prices for fixing/ maintenance!!

SMART PARTS ION PARTS STOCK/UPGRADED ------> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77505767
ballahamman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:28 PM #13
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:

capslock on.

beastmode engaged.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM #14
crippy02
Dat Coonass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
capslock on.

beastmode engaged.
WTF DO YOU MEAN? THIS IS HOW I TALK NORMALLY, BRO.

you mad, tho?

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
Old 02-08-2012, 01:12 PM #15
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippy02 View Post

What gets me is when people don't look to see that there are already 3 threads on a topic in the correct forum and decide to make a new topic in the wrong forum about the same thing...
Now imagine seeing that for the past 11 years...its beyond frustrating.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:14 PM #16
Paper-Cut (Banned)
mentally unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squattingdog View Post
Now imagine seeing that for the past 11 years...its beyond frustrating.
Subtle "I've been playing longer than everyone in this thread" post.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM #17
crippy02
Dat Coonass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
Subtle "I've been playing longer than everyone in this thread" post.
Since I've been playing since '98 but just got onto the nation last year, I guess one of my peeves is people thinking that just cause I've been on here a short time, I MUST be a noob to paintball. When in reality, I started playing before the nation exsisted...

/rant off

CK MAFIA
Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 PM #18
martin028
Acta Non Verba

martin028 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
martin028 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
martin028 plays in the APPA D4 division
martin028 supports DLX Technology
when i was selling my stuff i got a ton of "whats the lowest you will go?" pms and honestly it is the most annoying thing ever.
martin028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 PM #19
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
WTF DO YOU MEAN? THIS IS HOW I TALK NORMALLY, BRO.

you mad, tho?
its how you make a formal Internet reply.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:33 PM #20
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Since I've been playing since '98 but just got onto the nation last year, I guess one of my peeves is people thinking that just cause I've been on here a short time, I MUST be a noob to paintball. When in reality, I started playing before the nation exsisted...

/rant off
I certainly don't consider you a noob. I'm just pointing out that I've seen more repeated threads in my time here then one could imagine.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 PM #21
crippy02
Dat Coonass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squattingdog View Post
I certainly don't consider you a noob. I'm just pointing out that I've seen more repeated threads in my time here then one could imagine.
Nothing on you, dog. Just there's the stuck up ones out there, ya know?

CK MAFIA