has been a member for 10 years
Eldaer is playing at Living Legends VI
Eldaer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Eldaer supports Team VICIOUS
Eldaer posts videos on PbNation
Eldaer has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGPKnight View Post
First time buy should be local for every player if possible. Unparalleled service and a better chance that you'll actually stick around in the sport.
I agree with this. Even if you pay slightly more for the marker, if you are truly green your local store/community will be able to give you so much help and offer valuable resources.
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 AM #23
guinnessfc
Stay Focused Stay Alive

guinnessfc is playing at Living Legends VI
guinnessfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
guinnessfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I went local to get a chance to feel how the gun fit. One of our local store/field offers one year pass to the field 10 % discount on paint and 50% off or labor after I year warranty. Since alot of marker manufactures have MAP for their markers the prices are just about all the same. Additonally the store owner threw in a few low priced items for free since I was buying a complete new system tank, hopper and mask. The only downside is I wanted a LE marker that he did not have instore. He had the one I wanted ina different color. So I have to wait a few days to get it.. It was worth the wait I think...
guinnessfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 AM #24
roth_GBA
You lookin at me?

roth_GBA has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
roth_GBA is Legendary
yea, with our local store you get unlimited gun fixs/repairs. so its deffinetely worth buying from there.

usually the owner of the store has alot of knowledge on alot of guns and can help you with anything you need.
roth_GBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM #25
brentwickliffe

amazon can be good. just compare prices to many different sites to make sure your getting the best deal.
brentwickliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:54 PM #26
peachesarenottasty

peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've always been a little worried buying from the amazon resellers since i don't know if I'm going to get it, when I'm going to get it, condition, things like that. If i buy online its usually from an actual site
Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM #27
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC

Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinjosh View Post
Hey guys,

Have any of you all ever gotten your starter or first paintball guns from Amazon? It seems like they have a good selection (see here) but I have nothing to compare it to without knowing what else is a good store option.

Any sense of if their products and prices would be comparable to either other online shops or a brick-and-mortar store?

Thanks,

Josh

i bought an apex 2 off amazon, it worked great!

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:54 PM #28
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if you have a local store, feel lucky and buy there. If not, buy online and learn to fix it yourself. I bought my first marker from Walmart cause i didn't know there was a local shop. This was before Pbnation and their locator. I learned to fix stuff myself that way and now I don't worry about buying online, I can probably diagnose and fix it. Sure free repairs from a local field is nice, but if there's not one close, fear not, just learn to fix stuff.

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 PM #29
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_STGDT_2 View Post
Take a look at the gun you're interested at your local shop and buy it online for cheaper if you want.

I suggest always seeing the gun/equipment in person before purchasing anything online.
This is what kills paintball at the local level... using the local facility's resources and spending your money somewhere else. 1 hour of repair work, which could be a fee for something as little as routine cleaning, can easily cost more than you save in buying online. You can and will have problems with lower tier markers no matter what you do. Make the right choice and support your local store. They'll return the favor.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 PM #30
pbcustom98
Goldmember

pbcustom98 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pbcustom98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbcustom98 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
This is what kills paintball at the local level... using the local facility's resources and spending your money somewhere else. 1 hour of repair work, which could be a fee for something as little as routine cleaning, can easily cost more than you save in buying online. You can and will have problems with lower tier markers no matter what you do. Make the right choice and support your local store. They'll return the favor.
I can't say that enough. +1
pbcustom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 PM #31
wickyman
( o )( o )

wickyman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wickyman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I buy a quite a bit through the forums here, and through ebay, and other retailers. I only do this as a necessity, as our closest shop is almost 50 miles away! I can't afford to drive down to the city every few days to see if they have what I need. And usually they don't. Special circumstance in my position.

Dude of course I don't carry cash! I am married, so therefore I have no cash!
wickyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:26 PM #32
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
It's better to buy local, but if you need to buy online, Amazon is probably the safest approach.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:20 PM #33
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you can't buy local, ansgear.com is great. Never bought pb from amazon, but most things there are good.
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:12 PM #34
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

I've worked in an aquatics store where our biggest competition was online. I don't know how many times I've helped someone for an hour or two, when I could have been helping someone else who would actually buy something, for them to come back a few weeks later after buying something online for us to help them out with it. We'd charge for the maintenance on it since it wasn't our product.

Those, however, who listened to our advise AND bought from us got MUCH better treatment. We'd even do stuff slightly out of warranty.

If money is REALLY an issue, just print off the price and see if they can match it. It is usually a win-win. You get the deal, and they get a sale. Just be polite about it, being rude does not win you any brownie points.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 AM #35
Macdman11
HVF~Honor Valor Fidelity

Macdman11 is playing at Living Legends VI
Macdman11 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Amazon is just another way paintball sites reach out to buyers. If you look it says where the item is shipping from or sold from, it'll say a some paintball store. I know Dorosports is a big name there and thats who I usually look for on Amazon or Ultimate Paintball, Paintball Discounters, & Zephyr Sports. Amazon is kinda of like a moderator for the sale, they make sure you get a tracking number and make filing a claim and returns easier. I use Amazon a lot but mainly because I have Amazon Prime and get free 2 day shipping BUT if you do have a local store then go to it! In Greenville, PA the closest store is an hour away in my hometown but he specializes in Smart Parts and rarely has Invert Mini parts in stock.

PAYPAL VERIFIED!

Proverbs 24:10

Last edited by Macdman11 : 02-12-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Macdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:16 PM #36
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickyman View Post
I buy a quite a bit through the forums here, and through ebay, and other retailers. I only do this as a necessity, as our closest shop is almost 50 miles away! I can't afford to drive down to the city every few days to see if they have what I need. And usually they don't. Special circumstance in my position.
This. Buy local if local = really local. If you can't justify the drive, buy here, sometimes the guy you're buying from may be a shop owner and you may end up inadvertantly helping local business.

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:38 PM #37
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
If money is REALLY an issue, just print off the price and see if they can match it. It is usually a win-win. You get the deal, and they get a sale. Just be polite about it, being rude does not win you any brownie points.
Our local store matches online prices. At first, buying locally may seem intimidating. And there are local stores that can be less than helpful. If in doubt, though, give them a try.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM #38
rockinjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenRandy View Post
Our local store matches online prices. At first, buying locally may seem intimidating. And there are local stores that can be less than helpful. If in doubt, though, give them a try.
Nice yeah I think the price match idea is an interesting one. Even still, it seems convincing throughout the thread that local is better.
rockinjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 PM #39
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
definatly go local, my shop is over 2 hours away and i almost always go there; the return policy is always much less strict and the knowledge is easier to get. if you absolutly need to go online i would suggest ansgear, all my dealings with them have been superb and their cs is the best in the buisness
Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 PM #40
boobie817

boobie817 is playing at Living Legends V
boobie817 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Local shops someones match online prices. the knowledge the workers can give you about the guns and parts available is invaluable. Make sure they carry parts for the gun you want to buy. my local ship didn't and I had to wait 3 Weeks for orings. That gun was just traded. Lol
boobie817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM #41
Acarrillo

i wouldnt buy off amazon but i would go to a local shop and find out what you like. If your looking for a mini invert pm
Acarrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM #42
mmgilbert

I bought from a retailer that sold through amazon. After I purchased the item, I got a call saying they didn't have the item in stock. I never got my item even though amazon said it was "shipped", so I asked amazon for a refund. I the refund instantly, no questions asked. Never using Amazon for 3rd part retailers again. Go with ansgear or actionvillage.
mmgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote