Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-11-2012, 07:03 AM #22
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJYourk View Post
Viking. Durability and maintenance-free factors are unmatched.

But as some have said, try the ones you're interested in(spool or poppet) then make a decision.
maintenance
If you think a spool valve is complicated you shouldn't be allowed access to firearms. 99% of marker breaks are user error, and an idiot who can break a spool will find a way to break a viking.
If you're going for ease of maintenance an ego would be it. Just take the bolt out, put a drop of oil on the ram, put the bolt back in, and you're done.

If you're looking for efficiency then that would be the cyborg, and it's half the weight.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2012, 07:21 AM #23
BJYourk
The rippin' and tearin'

I said nothing about a spoolie being complicated. And if you(rhetorical) can't handle the weight, hit the gym.

IMO, a solid marker thats well -suited for scenario play. But I did switch to a Clone and have no plans of going back.
BJYourk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 AM #24
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
maintenance
If you think a spool valve is complicated you shouldn't be allowed access to firearms. 99% of marker breaks are user error, and an idiot who can break a spool will find a way to break a viking.
If you're going for ease of maintenance an ego would be it. Just take the bolt out, put a drop of oil on the ram, put the bolt back in, and you're done.

If you're looking for efficiency then that would be the cyborg, and it's half the weight.
and 90% of in your face posts incorporate the "runaway smiley"
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 AM #25
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
and 90% of in your face posts incorporate the "runaway smiley"
It's the only smilie that is useful.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:03 PM #26
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Pump: for the scenario player who would rather save a dime than help his team.
i lol'ed. the $$ definately matters to me, though it isn't "a" dime, its usually closer to 300 dimes per day pf paintball, and i shoot as many people as i do when i use semi. i don't need accuracy by volume anymore.

oh,
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:15 PM #27
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
i lol'ed. the $$ definately matters to me, though it isn't "a" dime, its usually closer to 300 dimes per day pf paintball, and i shoot as many people as i do when i use semi. i don't need accuracy by volume anymore.

oh,
I've definitely had days where I've shot half a case with a pistol (or pistols, as you will) and gotten more eliminations and had a hand in scoring more points than when I was toting around a crank-fired double SP1 rig and shot 6 cases. But I wasn't going to feed the troll... Oops
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:43 PM #28
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
I've definitely had days where I've shot half a case with a pistol (or pistols, as you will) and gotten more eliminations and had a hand in scoring more points than when I was toting around a crank-fired double SP1 rig and shot 6 cases. But I wasn't going to feed the troll... Oops
Didn't realize "teamwork" was synonymous with self-glorification.

"I scored a bunch of points" because you had a bunch of people willing to cover you or keep them occupied.
"I eliminated a bunch of people" since when is a scenario game a team elimination?

However, a crank firing double SP1 is a bit much, maybe you should find a middle ground?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:31 PM #29
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I wasn't feeding the troll, I literally laughed out loud. While I disagree with his opinion, I thought it was a pretty funny idea.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:51 PM #30
RogueShooter

Quote:
Didn't realize "teamwork" was synonymous with self-glorification.

"I scored a bunch of points" because you had a bunch of people willing to cover you or keep them occupied.
"I eliminated a bunch of people" since when is a scenario game a team elimination?

However, a crank firing double SP1 is a bit much, maybe you should find a middle ground?
So tell me then, if you say a pump player isn't "helping his team", then what grounds are you basing that on if not the (false)_perception that pump players can't sling as much paint and therefore get as many opposing players out?

And if eliminations aren't an important part of scenario paintball, then why do we bother shooting paint at all? Might as well just LARP at that point, no? Can't hold down objectives without eliminating players, can we? Can't get to mission areas without eliminating players, can we?

Regardless of if they're being covered by teammates or not, if a pump/pistol player manages to get to a flag and hang it, or accomplish a mission, how have they not helped their team? Would the team not have also helped to cover a player with an Ego if he were trying to do the same thing?

So if eliminating players on the opposing team, and scoring points that count toward the team's victory don't count, what, praytell, DOES "Help" the team? You have no valid point with any of the above statements. Try again.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups