Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 10:06 PM #1
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
Exclamation [Closed] Miscommunication with Nox13. questions..

Story: I traded my ACU uniform for a grip and what was supposed to be $40 but ended up sending $20. I shipped out my ACU's after receiving his end. there was a $20 Money order but decided not to make a big deal out of it. This past week I have been caught up on work as well as business with the national guard. He received the package on time yet claimed I lacked communication although I did tell him I had been busy. He gave me a negative feedback summary for: "lack of communication" (I havent been on PBN for 34 hours during this process) and that my uniform reeked of "stale cigarretes" yet no one nor do I smoke or bring smoke in my household.
My main argument is that he is avoiding my messages to resolve the issue and remove this feedback. The lack of communication is understandable although it was during a period of 34 hours not excluding sleeping hours.
What is there left to do?
Can I leave negative feedback as well. (two negatives DO make a positive!) ;D
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er

Last edited by Favoredbard : 02-04-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Favoredbard is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 10:08 PM #2
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
also, the "stale cigarettes" could have been confused with my closet, in which the ACUs have remained there the whole time..
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM #3
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
First, the rules require you to post screenshots, basically to proof that you did make a deal with Nox13, and the details of the deal. See the Theft Report rules, and how to post screenshots here. Also, screenshots of your PM's specifically where you informed him that you would be "out of touch" for 3 days due to your work. This would help your case. Consider posting a picture of the $20 MO (instead of $40) which also proof your claim of being short changed. Inform Nox13 about this thread, so he can present his side of the story.
__________________
hardpainball is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:31 PM #4
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready
 
L8r_H8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: *407*
L8r_H8r supports our troops
L8r_H8r supports DLX Technology
^^^ yes. I would post some screen shots to support your claim. If you left a negative rating for him, some may see it as a retaliatory feedback and it will get no where. If it's justified, however, it may not hurt.

The only issue I see is that you were fine with the $20 he sent you, even though you had agreed upon $40. That makes it seem like you were satisfied enough to send over your end. As for the communication, some people are just WAY too impatient and you may have been unfortunate if what you say is true.
__________________
SAMBROWN: He's a baller, a ladies man and most of all a stand up guy. I'd let him date my sister if I had one. So I guess my mother will do.
Auctionjunkie! : While most people consider ST to stand for Small Talk I feel it's more Septic Tank than anything else. It's where all the waste and refuge goes.


Shocker Owners
L8r_H8r is online now  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:51 PM #5
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8r_H8r View Post
^^^ yes. I would post some screen shots to support your claim. If you left a negative rating for him, some may see it as a retaliatory feedback and it will get no where. If it's justified, however, it may not hurt.

The only issue I see is that you were fine with the $20 he sent you, even though you had agreed upon $40. That makes it seem like you were satisfied enough to send over your end. As for the communication, some people are just WAY too impatient and you may have been unfortunate if what you say is true.
I agree. Some people is just trigger happy with the negative feedback. But it is still a trader's job to keep in touch during a deal. If something is to come up you either postpone the deal or cancel it completely, or make sure the other party knows that you will be out of touch for a pre-defined time period. So he's not worried. I can see the $40 - $20 difference also being a reason to give a negative feedback. So it's not completely a retaliatory.
It is a problem to prove or disprove the cigarette smoke smell. Can't show it on a unpacking video. Lol. But cigarette smell is an issue that does lower an item's value (specifically on clothing and mask) but hard to put an exact number on it. This is not something I would remember to ask before buying. The OP sounded honest when he said that he doesn't smoke, but the fact is any smoker would deny it if they're in the same situation. So this part would be hard to resolve.
__________________
hardpainball is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 PM #6
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
heres the thread of my ACUs


__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:00 PM #7
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
well idk what else to do about the smoke issue.
in no way shape or form do i smoke.
I have medical conditions that disspell the whole smoking issue.
as far as i can see, the only thing worthy of a negative feedback would be the lack of communication. HOWEVER, i have told him multiple times the cause and reasoning of this. Not once has he replied to them.
at MOST an honest feedback posting would be a neutral.
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:05 PM #8
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
not to mention, items that were sent were sent in EXACT condition as stated in thread. (un-used)
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:12 PM #9
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
The screenshots didn't show: 1) The deal involved $40 of payment. 2) You notified him of you were going to be unavailable to communicate for 3 days.
Nox13 also claimed you didn't give him a tracking number. I don't know if that was part of the deal or not.
__________________
hardpainball is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:19 PM #10
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
yeah. i cannot find the $40, we can just drop that.
as for the communication part, i sent him those messages but i cant review them due to the fact that he never replied to them....
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 PM #11
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
as you can see, there were no promises of a tracking number made to him....
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:30 PM #12
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
yeah. i cannot find the $40, we can just drop that.
as for the communication part, i sent him those messages but i cant review them due to the fact that he never replied to them....
So the bottom line is that nobody is scammed. He's not happy with your communication and the smell of the ACU's and gave you a negative feedback. Your only option here is to negotiate with him to either 1) return all items and the payment, or 2) see if you can come to an agreement of a $ amount to reimburse him for the ACU's being smelly; in return for him being satisfied with the whole deal and removing the negative feedback.
__________________
hardpainball is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 PM #13
Favoredbard
was a 2k6er :(
 
Favoredbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Favoredbard is playing at Living Legends V
Favoredbard owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Favoredbard is for the Gunfight
Favoredbard supports Pev's Paintball
ive offered both of those resolutions in messages.
I would be more than happy to take screen shots of those.
yet again, he never replied to them. he merely read them and continued on posting on other b/s/t threads.
__________________
<- reason for the -1

I was a 2k6er
Favoredbard is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:05 AM #14
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post



Story: I traded my ACU uniform for a grip and what was supposed to be $40 but ended up sending $20. I shipped out my ACU's after receiving his end. there was a $20 Money order but decided not to make a big deal out of it. This past week I have been caught up on work as well as business with the national guard. He received the package on time yet claimed I lacked communication although I did tell him I had been busy. He gave me a negative feedback summary for: "lack of communication" (I havent been on PBN for 34 hours during this process) and that my uniform reeked of "stale cigarretes" yet no one nor do I smoke or bring smoke in my household.
My main argument is that he is avoiding my messages to resolve the issue and remove this feedback. The lack of communication is understandable although it was during a period of 34 hours not excluding sleeping hours.
What is there left to do?
Can I leave negative feedback as well. (two negatives DO make a positive!) ;D
I wish I still had all the pms to prove this bs wrong..but since I dont Ill try to explain the best I can..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
Story: I traded my ACU uniform for a grip and what was supposed to be $40 but ended up sending $20. I shipped out my ACU's after receiving his end.
I call BULL$%!&..

here is his post in my thread for the Nikon grip stating exactly what he and I traded..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
mine.
traded ACU top/bottoms for grip +$20


You have no case to make any claims I stole from you or scammed you when YOU AGREED UPON THE AMOUNT BEFORE IT WAS SENT OUT,AND THEN ON TOP OF IT SENDING OUT YOUR END OF THE DEAL!!!!.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
This past week I have been caught up on work as well as business with the national guard. He received the package on time yet claimed I lacked communication although I did tell him I had been busy. He gave me a negative feedback summary for: "lack of communication" (I havent been on PBN for 34 hours during this process) and that my uniform reeked of "stale cigarretes" yet no one nor do I smoke or bring smoke in my household.

You pmed me once, to let me know my end was received and you were shipping monday.

I asked you to send tracking once it shipped..


You pmed me a second time monday to let me know when you got home the item was still sitting there and had not been shipped as you expected it to be..


I said thats ok.. just give me a tracking number once it shipped..

No reply..

I asked again for a tracking number..

I was asked for my phone number..

I asked why it couldnt be pmed to me..

No reply..

thursday I still had no reply to three requests for a tracking number..

Thursday package arrived..

I opened (even did video but since everything was there and you cant get smell on video I didnt need it)and it smelled like ****..not really like **** but ya get the point..

the Acus smelled horrible.. he claims "closet smell"
I no the difference between items sitting in a closet and smelling like an ash tray..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
My main argument is that he is avoiding my messages to resolve the issue and remove this feedback. The lack of communication is understandable although it was during a period of 34 hours not excluding sleeping hours.
What is there left to do?
Can I leave negative feedback as well. (two negatives DO make a positive!) ;D
Yes, I had been avoiding your msgs..

the deal was done..

You are pissed you got negative feedback for lack of communication and the way the items smelled...

Theres nothing more either of us can do..

im not sending them back to you so you can wash them..

you cant go back in time to correct the lack of communication ..

simply put you are mad you got in my eyes a justifiable negative ..

and now your trying to lie your way out of it by saying I didnt send you the proper amount although its posted up there clear as day in your word what the agreed terms were..

you have a negative.. Im not giving you a positive.. get over it..
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 02-05-2012 at 02:37 AM.
NoX13 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:13 AM #15
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8r_H8r View Post
^^^ yes. I would post some screen shots to support your claim. If you left a negative rating for him, some may see it as a retaliatory feedback and it will get no where. If it's justified, however, it may not hurt.

The only issue I see is that you were fine with the $20 he sent you, even though you had agreed upon $40. That makes it seem like you were satisfied enough to send over your end. As for the communication, some people are just WAY too impatient and you may have been unfortunate if what you say is true.
he was well aware the amount of the money order was to be $20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
mine.
traded ACU top/bottoms for grip +$20
and yes, I suppose I could have been a little more patient the firs pm telling me the item didnt ship due to someone else and not giving me a tracking number any of the three times I asked for one would make just about anyone wonder what was going to happen..

so in short.. communication would have been over looked had he offered a tracking number.. or replied to my third request (while he was still logged in) for a tracking number.. not just asking for my phone number, and not tellling me he was busy with gaurd..

when I make a deal with someone I do everything I can to keep them informed and updated the whole time.. I fail to see how im wrong for expecting anything less from someone else Im dealing with..
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:14 AM #16
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
yeah. i cannot find the $40, we can just drop that.
as for the communication part, i sent him those messages but i cant review them due to the fact that he never replied to them....
Youre dropping it because you know its a flat out lie..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
mine.
traded ACU top/bottoms for grip +$20
Your exact words in my sale thread for the nikon grip..second page.. second post from the bottom..

screen shot of him stating exactly what was being traded,posted in my thread for the targus brand nikon battery grip
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 02-05-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added screenshot
NoX13 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:31 AM #17
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
more proof of him knowing before he received my end of the deal and before he shipped his that he knew he was getting the grip +$20 money order..
post is less then halfway down the page...can screen shot it if really needed..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...476&highlight=
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
Posting for feedback when time comes... Tradded nikon grip+20 for pants and top.. Both items shipped earlier today.

Op please post on grip thread so feedback can be left when items arrive.
Oh wait.. there was a fourth time I asked for a tracking number..three via pm..once in his thread.. (all ignored)

post number 5 in his thread for the acus..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
pmd you today around 530/600 pmtrying to get the tracking number for the items you said you would send .. noticed you were on at 822pm and didnt bother to read the pm or bother letting me know about the tracking..

posting here to see whats going on..
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 AM #18
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
ive offered both of those resolutions in messages.
I would be more than happy to take screen shots of those.
yet again, he never replied to them. he merely read them and continued on posting on other b/s/t threads.
I wish I had taken screen shots, fact is I didnt..

but had you offered any of the above methods to take care of the issue I may have considered.. but you didnt..

and neither of us (least I cant ..if you can by all means please do) prove these claims..

all you said was you in so many words didnt feel the negative was warranted ..
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 01:01 AM #19
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
The way I see it is the op has lied several times and screen shots above prove it..

I ask the mods to close the threads as the op is only salty over the fact he got a negative feedback for what I honestly felt was justified reasoning and he merely wants to get even..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favoredbard View Post
Can I leave negative feedback as well. (two negatives DO make a positive!) ;D
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Last edited by NoX13 : 02-05-2012 at 01:03 AM.
NoX13 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 01:01 AM #20
USAFWD
Privates Investigator
 
USAFWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FL
Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
Honestly, negative feedback seems undeserved. He did send you a PM to let you know the item did not ship on time, and perhaps had some poor communication with the tracking number. But it seems the item did arrive shortly thereafter. As for the smell, is it not something a run through the washing machine couldn't fix?

Neutral feedback I could understand. But negative just seems overly harsh.
USAFWD is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 AM #21
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 18974
 has been a member for 10 years
NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD View Post
Honestly, negative feedback seems undeserved. He did send you a PM to let you know the item did not ship on time, and perhaps had some poor communication with the tracking number. But it seems the item did arrive shortly thereafter. As for the smell, is it not something a run through the washing machine couldn't fix?

Neutral feedback I could understand. But negative just seems overly harsh.
Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that..

BUT...

I shouldnt have to wash and item thats described as "new" and "unused"

there is proof he ignored multiple requests for a tracking number posted above.. in pms and in his thread..

im my eyes I gave what was earned..

as a seller and a buyer/trader on pbnation I do what I can to cover not only my *** in a deal but the other persons as well...

anyone Ive dealt with can tell you Im not quick to hand out negatives ..
My ebay feedback would show the same (I dont really count ebay feedback as credible proof of anything on pbn, just an example)

he claimes he couldnt reply due to being busy on duty yet his profile shows he was on and ignoring pms.. this was after I asked for tracking and after he told me the item didnt ship due to someone else.. or the claim "I expected there to be a reciept and change where I left the package when I got home"like the damn mail gnomes were gonna do it for him..

after that response and still having signed on and ignoring pms I figured it was going to be another scam/rippoff..

he was signed on..he ignored pms all after the fact of telling me the item didnt ship.

he didnt bother to reply untill feedback was left..
lack of communication is justified..
__________________
I shot the Sheriff,The Deputy And the Ref.. But we all knew the Ref had it coming.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump