Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 PM #1
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Etha, What does it shoot like?

The drive systems seems like an Automag or Mini/Axe kinda system. Blow forward, spring assisted return.

I personally think that Axe shoots like an Automag in terms of flight path of the ball.

What do you think Etha owners?
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 07:15 AM #2
95saturn

Got a little more kick than an axe, but again, my etha is brand new. Kick is similar to an ego imo.
95saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 AM #3
Invert O.G
Total Eclipse

Annual Supporting Member
Invert O.G plays in the PSP
Invert O.G supports Team VICIOUS
Invert O.G plays in the APPA D4 division
Invert O.G supports Empire
i think my etha has less kick then my old axe and feels better in my hands

LUXEMOB
Invert O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:15 PM #4
paintballinthesnow
leapord boy

Its for sure a great gun buy one for sure its so much better than my axe or mini
paintballinthesnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:45 AM #5
SageScout
R.E.D

Feels better in the hands then the axe. The Etha is a little louder but it may be due to it not being broke in all the way. Kick to me, is around the same as the axe or mini but I dont really care about it.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:35 AM #6
rlake55

rlake55 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rlake55 is for the Gunfight
rlake55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etha isnt the smoothest but I would bet its the straightest shooter out of the box..... PE did a great job making a marker that feels and shoots like a more expensive unit....
rlake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM #7
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
I know the comments below are gonna be taken as "hater" type talk but, I have shot multiple Ethas at our shop. I was very excited about the Etha's release and have owned other Planet Eclipse guns. I have owned and/or shot (PE guns): Etek3 LT/AM, SL94, Ego9, Ego10, Ego11, Geo+, Geo2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95saturn View Post
Got a little more kick than an axe, but again, my etha is brand new. Kick is similar to an ego imo.
The Etha not only has more kick than the Axe, it is louder and the loudness isn't "Ego" type loud it's cheap sounding. When I shoot the Etha it isn't kick that I notice, it's the feeling/sound. It just isn't good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
If the Etha feels better in your hands thats your opinion, I get that, but to me it feels cheap and plasticy. When I say that I don't just mean the composite parts, I mean shot quality as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballinthesnow View Post
Its for sure a great gun buy one for sure its so much better than my axe or mini
So much better in what way? It's made by Planet Eclipse, so it has great packaging and isn't gonig to fall apart. The Axe shoots smoother, shoots quieter, easier to maintain and doesn't feel cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageScout View Post
Feels better in the hands then the axe. The Etha is a little louder but it may be due to it not being broke in all the way. Kick to me, is around the same as the axe or mini but I dont really care about it.
Again, feel is opinion. The only bad "feel" thing I would say about the Axe is that it is heavy, compared to other mid/high end guns. I honestly don't know what the weight is of the Etha, but it is not a "feels good in your hands" type of gun, at least to me or others at my local field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake55 View Post
Etha isnt the smoothest but I would bet its the straightest shooter out of the box..... PE did a great job making a marker that feels and shoots like a more expensive unit....
The Etha doesn't do a very good job of feeling like a more expensive unit with the grips it has. It feels and shoots poorly in my opinion.

If you play woodsball, bounce your gun off trees and buildings, play in the rain, are a fan of Planet Eclipse brand and are on a budget...buy the Etha. It is tough, inexpensive and made by a good company.

However, the shot feels very springy and cheap. It makes a very unpleasant sound when it shoots also. It isn't a spooly sound or a poppet sound. The grips and the entire gun in general feel plasticy and low end.

One last note, the Etha does not shoot reballs. I hope PE release parts/upgrades that allow it to work with reballs, but as of now, it does not.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:08 AM #8
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
The drive systems seems like an Automag or Mini/Axe kinda system. Blow forward, spring assisted return.

I personally think that Axe shoots like an Automag in terms of flight path of the ball.

What do you think Etha owners?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlake55 View Post
wat

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:11 PM #9
jptothetree
OVER THE LINE

jptothetree plays in the PSP
jptothetree posts videos on PbNation
jptothetree plays in the APPA D2 division
i owned one for a weekend just to see... man it shoots clunky!! and it's got a fairly flat shot as well.
DMG:Dedication Makes Greatness
jptothetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:59 PM #10
TST Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Who cares about reballs honestly? Get over it.
TST Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:44 AM #11
Wholf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Paintball View Post
Who cares about reballs honestly? Get over it.
Scandinavia and Europe for example. Cold as hell and a lot of snow so we all play indoors.
Wholf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:02 PM #12
TST Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Whoever said you needed reballs to play indoors?(I understand if its field policy) Shoot paint the way the sport was meant to be played, don't judge the gun. Its called Paintball not Reball.
TST Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM #13
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
I know the comments below are gonna be taken as "hater" type talk but, I have shot multiple Ethas at our shop. I was very excited about the Etha's release and have owned other Planet Eclipse guns. I have owned and/or shot (PE guns): Etek3 LT/AM, SL94, Ego9, Ego10, Ego11, Geo+, Geo2.

The Etha not only has more kick than the Axe, it is louder and the loudness isn't "Ego" type loud it's cheap sounding. When I shoot the Etha it isn't kick that I notice, it's the feeling/sound. It just isn't good.

If the Etha feels better in your hands thats your opinion, I get that, but to me it feels cheap and plasticy. When I say that I don't just mean the composite parts, I mean shot quality as well.

So much better in what way? It's made by Planet Eclipse, so it has great packaging and isn't gonig to fall apart. The Axe shoots smoother, shoots quieter, easier to maintain and doesn't feel cheap.

Again, feel is opinion. The only bad "feel" thing I would say about the Axe is that it is heavy, compared to other mid/high end guns. I honestly don't know what the weight is of the Etha, but it is not a "feels good in your hands" type of gun, at least to me or others at my local field.

The Etha doesn't do a very good job of feeling like a more expensive unit with the grips it has. It feels and shoots poorly in my opinion.

If you play woodsball, bounce your gun off trees and buildings, play in the rain, are a fan of Planet Eclipse brand and are on a budget...buy the Etha. It is tough, inexpensive and made by a good company.

However, the shot feels very springy and cheap. It makes a very unpleasant sound when it shoots also. It isn't a spooly sound or a poppet sound. The grips and the entire gun in general feel plasticy and low end.

One last note, the Etha does not shoot reballs. I hope PE release parts/upgrades that allow it to work with reballs, but as of now, it does not.
Thanks for an honest and detailed opinion. Glad someone found attributes that Planet Eclipse could possibly improve on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx18 View Post
wat
Thanks for playing, your contribution went so very far in this thread. Play again some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TST Paintball View Post
Whoever said you needed reballs to play indoors?(I understand if its field policy) Shoot paint the way the sport was meant to be played, don't judge the gun. Its called Paintball not Reball.
A marker should be versatile enough to be able to shoot reballs. That's part of a reliability factor.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:25 AM #14
Phil00r

Phil00r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phil00r posts videos on PbNation
Who says that it doesn't shoot reballs? Works at 5C with dirty reballs. Next time u should try it before u post it..

Last edited by Phil00r : 02-13-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Phil00r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:28 AM #15
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil00r View Post
Who says that it doesn't shoot reballs? Works at 5C with dirty reballs. Next time u should try it before u post it..
This video needs a chrono, are you shooting 220? I can see they are reballs, so not calling shens, just would be nice. However, chronograph or not, we have four Ethas at our local field and none of them shoot anything like that, at any velocity, with reballs. I wonder if we have different versions of parts or something for that drastic a difference.

The Etha is at a great price point, made by a great company. It's a gun lots of people want to use at the local field, the four we have seen just don't shoot reballs. I have asked in other threads for any information anyone had for reballs, so please let me know.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com

Last edited by blklight : 02-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM #16
Phil00r

Phil00r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phil00r posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
This video needs a chrono, are you shooting 220? ...
Less. More than 214fps is illegal in germany
Phil00r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM #17
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
This video needs a chrono, are you shooting 220? I can see they are reballs, so not calling shens, just would be nice. However, chronograph or not, we have four Ethas at our local field and none of them shoot anything like that, at any velocity, with reballs. I wonder if we have different versions of parts or something for that drastic a difference.

The Etha is at a great price point, made by a great company. It's a gun lots of people want to use at the local field, the four we have seen just don't shoot reballs. I have asked in other threads for any information anyone had for reballs, so please let me know.
Aren't you supposed to shoot reballs at 240fps and under?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM #18
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Now that I think about it, PE has never really produced a product that is horrible. Well that's my opinion anyways.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM #19
someasianballer
The panda with a gun

someasianballer plays in the PSP
someasianballer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
Now that I think about it, PE has never really produced a product that is horrible. Well that's my opinion anyways.
+1 .
someasianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 PM #20
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert O.G View Post
That's how I feel about them and how many of our customers feel.

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 PM #21
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Glad I'm getting a decent amount of responses in this thread. Hopefully more to come.