Originally Posted by Kyle
We've had thousands of people complete Facebook and YouTube objectives in Pursuit, but it's clear that some of you are running into some issues completing them. In order to help me debug the problem and get this fixed up, I need your help.
If you're having trouble with the YouTube objective, please provide me with the following information:
- What browser(s) you tried with (including version).
- What operating system you are running (Windows, OS X, etc).
- What kind of account you are logging into YouTube with. Is it a normal Youtube account? Is it a Google account? Is it a Google apps account? Is it a Google account you have linked with an existing Youtube account at some point in the past?
- Describe the problem you are having. Be specific. Tell me exactly what you did, and where it broke. Screenshots (where I can see the URL) help a lot.
- Were you already following us on YouTube?
1. newest version of chrome
2. chrome os
3. regular youtube account
4. it is redirecting me to a page that says this:
"Changes to the 'AuthSub' authorization method for web applications
The AuthSub authentication proxy service has been permanently shut down. Please read on for more information.
I am not a software developer. What does any of this mean for me?
When you enter your Google username and password to use an application developed by a third-party service, we take serious measures to maintain your account's security using Google's Authorization Proxy Service, otherwise known as AuthSub. You'll enter your username and password, and the third-party application will neither see nor store your login credentials.
Why am I being redirected to this article?
The application I'm using seems to be affected by the AuthSub shutdown. What can I do to get back to work?
I am a software developer. How should I upgrade my applications?
If your application is still using the AuthSub authentication protocol, please update it to use OAuth 2.0 instead."
5. yes i was