Community Focus

Old 10-24-2012, 05:17 PM #421
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I'm hoping this was just a joke and that you didn't mean that seriously
I tell my parents that as long as long as I am playing paintball I won't be able to afford drugs. They are starting to like paintball.

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 06:05 PM #422
prologix
Now:running with scissors

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yuck with the drug talk but I am a parent who buys some nicer stuff for my kids to play with. In fact I paid more for their setups then my own, in order to encourage them playing paintball. (I figure it is something we can do together) That said as you can see from my sig, neither has a CSL or anything close. But my youngest does have a shocker for his first marker and he did save up for half. I covered the rest and some adjustments. He may even get an eigan bolt for Christmas. As far as an Ion, seems like a fine first marker, that son likes it very much. I have even switched to a Phantom to cut my paint costs so we can get out and play more, don't hate life is to short. Do try and get all those newbees playing because the more who play the more fun it will be.
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 PM #423
Nugg014

The family that play together stay together. And get to shoot each other LOL.
Nugg014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM #424
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Why are we upset at the kid with new gear that we either can't afford ourselves or worked hard to get the money. There is a kid at by local field whose parents have made a gun whore. He is always walling around trying to sell a gun that he is tired of for full retail price. I have seen him pocket that cash right after a deal. The last time he asked me to buy his spire with no speed feed for $200 right after It's release, I told him to get away from me. The next time he was hocking his crap in between rec ball all day. I made a point to inform his mom who didn't have a clue. To into tattling but selling gear you didn't buy and keeping the cash....wow what a douche.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM #425
kaleclay2

kaleclay2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit

Last edited by kaleclay2 : 11-15-2012 at 06:32 PM.
kaleclay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 PM #426
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Honestly I have come across more of the kids with all the newest gear who were really good, so I understood why they had all the nice stuff. But I have meet a kid who it was his first day wearing all the nicest stuff and he couldn't lane worth ****, he just stayed at home and did nothing, so I hate it when parents spoil their little kids, and make them think they are already a member of dynasty and act like the greatest and blame me for our team loosing. So in short they have terrible attitudes.
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 PM #427
IrishNinja6
US Air Force

Annual Supporting Member
IrishNinja6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IrishNinja6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleclay2 View Post
Ok I cant help but post this.

I am 12 and I have been playing for two years for the first half of a year I used rentals and I got pretty good. Then when my birthday came around my parents said I could get a paintball gun hopper and a cheap air tank. So I am all like SWEET and I have been using a GOG Extcy for a year and a half and have been tearing up retards that suck with Geos and dm12s. Now its been a year and a half I am pretty good and I can take people with good guns. Now that my birthday is coming around again and Christmas is right by my birthday I am getting a Axe, rotor, new I4s, and new clothes. But I know alot of retards at my local field that suck and go out with 5k wtih of gear for their first time.
YOU are the reason I hate noob kids. Retards? expand your vocabulary. You arent tearing anyone up, youre just trying to sound cool on the internet.

My WTB list: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3806383
Pay my bills gearbag sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4029265
IrishNinja6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 AM #428
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I am 12 and I have been playing for two years for the first half of a year I used rentals and I got pretty good. Then when my birthday came around my parents said I could get a paintball gun hopper and a cheap air tank. So I am all like SWEET and I have been using a GOG Extcy for a year and a half and have been tearing up retards that suck with Geos and dm12s. Now its been a year and a half I am pretty good and I can take people with good guns. Now that my birthday is coming around again and Christmas is right by my birthday I am getting a Axe, rotor, new I4s, and new clothes. But I know alot of retards at my local field that suck and go out with 5k wtih of gear for their first time.
Seriously? Cool story bro.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM #429
EpikYummeh
Doodlebug Sportz!

EpikYummeh plays in the APPA beginner division
EpikYummeh supports Empire
I'm a little jealous, but I usually don't mind unless they are absolutely terrible and make no effort to get better.

One such kid was at the field I go to a a couple months ago. All he would do was sit either at home or when there were only 2 or so people left on either team, he MIGHT get bold and move to a back corner. One game I was yelling at him to move up to get a guy in the snake, and I ended up running halfway around the field to win the round.

In brief, if they know the game, aren't cocky or annoying, and don't play like absolute **** -- I played better than the kid with my ****ty 8 year old Kingman Spyder Sonix mech -- then I don't mind them.

It's just the general stereotype that all kids with nice gear are *******s.
EpikYummeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 PM #430
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:

wait so you have been using an extcy that your parents bought you, and now your getting an axe that your parents or some other family member will buy you after just a year and a half? YOU are in fact the spoiled kid that this very thread was created to talk about. Congrats
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM #431
EpikYummeh
Doodlebug Sportz!

EpikYummeh plays in the APPA beginner division
EpikYummeh supports Empire
Quote:

You're one of those kids. It doesn't matter how good your gear is; it's your attitude that separates you from us and "those kids."
EpikYummeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 PM #432
Dudeindump

Jealousy. Plain and simple. I'm guilty of it.

edit: Although, when the kid that is actually appreciative about his parents spending the money. I give him my respect.
Dudeindump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 PM #433
Absently (Banned)
Gun Stands in Sig $13

Absently has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Absently is attending Decay of Nations VI
Because they take advantage of their mommy and daddy and don't know how to use it.
Absently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 PM #434
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
It's Because people mistake skill for good gear. And if there is something everyone loathes it's a poser.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM #435
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Christian's rec ball rules...

1) only shot rental players if you have to. They are civilians in my world.

2) Target the pump players first. If you play pump, you have some skill and its an accurate marker.

3) Electrics are king. If a kid can lane, shoot a long shot, or take a bunker out of play, HE (or she) is the focal point to watch while running to a point. Change you target accordingly and take cover as far forward in the break.

4) Kids that don't deserve their markers hide behind home and blind fire. I've been shot by my own teammate in the back 3 different weekends this year because someone doesn't know they have to AIM a gun or how to.

That's it, don't shot me when I'm on your team and we are good. I like kids that have Empire markers. I do like the custom guns and admire the pump players. I don't hate the players or the new gear. I usually check put the Spire this way but still keep my rotor.

Keep coming out kids.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM #436
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
1) only shot rental players if you have to. They are civilians in my world.
The point is to shoot everyone on the opposing team. I'm not going to prolong a game so that a renter can feel better about him/herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
2) Target the pump players first. If you play pump, you have some skill and its an accurate marker.
A pump is no more accurate that any other gun, and people are not magically more skilled just because they have a pump.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 AM #437
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you for posting what I was too lazy to. All dat quoting nd stuf. Aint nobuddy got fo dat.
Also, that whole post didn't really pertain to the rest of the thread.
Also, I think we've covered all the bases in this thread. Let's cast into Mordor now.
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

If you can't beat 'em, might as well eat 'em, cause no one's getting out alive!

-Sick Puppies
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 AM #438
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman

The point is to shoot everyone on the opposing team. I'm not going to prolong a game so that a renter can feel better about him/herself.

A pump is no more accurate that any other gun, and people are not magically more skilled just because they have a pump.
We don't always agree but on these two things we do

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM #439
savage24x

savage24x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
savage24x has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
savage24x has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
savage24x has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You know, I think it comes down to the fact, that we don't think they have the skill nor deserve to own a marker like they do. Those kids think it comes down to which gun they have, but I think it comes down to skill. I can take a Spyder Pilot ACS and go own some 12/13 year old kid with a DM12 or DM13 or Luxe or Ego. I've been playing recreationally for about 4/5 years, and a lot of people think, just because I have a beginner's gun, that I'm a bad player. It does not come down to the gun/marker. It comes down to the player. One of those higher end guns, are practically useless for those spoiled 12/13 year old kids.

At the rec fields, I keep my mouth shut. Anybody who talks smack due to having a good gun, or is dressed like they've played for a long time, I'm not going easy on them.
savage24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM #440
fox5100

Annual Supporting Member
fox5100 plays in the PSP
fox5100 supports Cereal Killerz 2
fox5100 is playing at Living Legends III
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I never had good gear when i was a kid. If i become a dad i will buy them good gear because i dont want them having the experience i had. I look back and wonder why i stuck with the sport.
Team Method #16
Owner of Paintball Event Calendar.com
http://www.paintballec.com
http://www.paintballeventcalendar.com
fox5100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 PM #441
bace a flunt

I think the problem is that people are quick to judge any young kid with a nice gun.

Whether the kid bought it himself or his parents bought it for him, you shouldn't hate on him for being fortunate enough to have it. A lot of these kids as y'all have said are spoiled brats but not all of them are. I'm just saying don't hate until the kid gives you a reason to hate. If the kid turns out to be a spoiled brat that looks down on everyone and doesn't respect his gear, hate away.
bace a flunt is offline   Reply With Quote