Community Focus

Old 07-04-2012, 09:16 AM #253
DocDriza

DocDriza is playing at Living Legends VI
DocDriza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
To me, its not that young kids have the gear, its their attitude.

ples exuse ny typos
DocDriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2012, 01:22 AM #254
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
I hate them because when I first started playing, I played with rentals for awhile,, then I had to buy my own piece-of-crap Spyder (which I love). I have a friend whose parents bought him a $350 gun but who never plays. Just my $.02.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:09 AM #255
BobbyDanger
Hold my beer watch this

BobbyDanger is BST Trusted
BobbyDanger is attending Decay of Nations VII
I personally do not care what the other players are using. I also do not care how old the other players are. If someone's parents bought them a brand new Luxe, good for them, DLX just made a little money. Honestly I think its just shows how immature you are when you are jealous of how someone else got their gear.
BobbyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 AM #256
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDanger View Post
I personally do not care what the other players are using. I also do not care how old the other players are. If someone's parents bought them a brand new Luxe, good for them, DLX just made a little money. Honestly I think its just shows how immature you are when you are jealous of how someone else got their gear.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:05 AM #257
IcyKoolAid
sugar water+purple=grape

cause your a player hater! slap your parents for not making the decisions in life to be able to hook you up like that.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:21 PM #258
LeperLord

LeperLord owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LeperLord supports Empire
IMO kids with good stuff is ok. If they play and use it and have fun and are being good little guys im happy to see them out and having fun playing paintball. It's when they look down on others that gets to me. I saw a kid all decked out with all new PE stuff and an empire AXE he was probably like 12. He REFUSED to play in any open matches with myself and a say 7 other experienced guys he instead insisted on playing with the "intermediate" non rental guys.

My little 13 year old brother who earned his set up by getting good grades and doing a lot of landscaping work around the neighborhood walked up to him and started talking to him about his stuff. The kid was looking down on my bro like he was not even worth his time. My bro has a gog envy which IMO is a fantastic gun for the price. Mind you I saw this whole thing go down.

The game starts and said "Ollie Lang 12 Year Old" sits at home dumping pod after pod after pod. It came down to a 2v1 between this kid my brother and a renter and my little brother ran up and bunkered him. I was never so proud of my brother in my life.

Humility some people should learn it, you could have all the coolest and newest and greatest stuff in the world but it wont help you if you suck.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:03 PM #259
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeperLord View Post
IMO kids with good stuff is ok. If they play and use it and have fun and are being good little guys im happy to see them out and having fun playing paintball. It's when they look down on others that gets to me. I saw a kid all decked out with all new PE stuff and an empire AXE he was probably like 12. He REFUSED to play in any open matches with myself and a say 7 other experienced guys he instead insisted on playing with the "intermediate" non rental guys.

My little 13 year old brother who earned his set up by getting good grades and doing a lot of landscaping work around the neighborhood walked up to him and started talking to him about his stuff. The kid was looking down on my bro like he was not even worth his time. My bro has a gog envy which IMO is a fantastic gun for the price. Mind you I saw this whole thing go down.

The game starts and said "Ollie Lang 12 Year Old" sits at home dumping pod after pod after pod. It came down to a 2v1 between this kid my brother and a renter and my little brother ran up and bunkered him. I was never so proud of my brother in my life.

Humility some people should learn it, you could have all the coolest and newest and greatest stuff in the world but it wont help you if you suck.
I'd be proud too!
I have a teammate. He's about 15. Pretty cool kid, but he doesn't know anything about paintball, however he wants to learn EVERYTHING! Before games and stuff I'll teach him about snap shooting and leaning out of cover and stuff. He owns his own stuff, a present from his parents, but he respects it and is always asking me something about it.

Another kid at the field today came up and asked me to fix his gun. He had no idea how much that told me about him! He was about 13 with a leaking Proto SLG and he somehow knew that I knew something about fixing guns. As I was checking over his bolt and cap, I was talking a bit to him. He got his gun for Christmas this year and just started playing. He knew a fair bit about his marker and loader and was happy to hear about my AutoCocker and Revvy. He was far from the spoiled newbies that I see a lot at the field, humble and willing to learn and be constructively criticized!

Also today, a group of the spoiled newbie kids with their Dangerous Power Fusion FX's and DM10s refused to chrono their markers. Flat-out. There are no refs at my field, so we couldn't talk to anyone of authority to get them to chrony them. I didn't want to play with them, but they ended up on the opposite team in a massive 30v30 game. Of course, I got bunkered with a (very) hot gun. Left me bloody, and it still hurts like a mother here 8 hours later! Turns out they finally did chrono. First three shots: 375, 380, 377. About 100fps too fast!

People like your brother need to dominate this sport. The other guy needs to get bunkered until he learns that you're here to have fun and not to feel superior to everyone else.
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 PM #260
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
Its not about what gear they have its about their attitude. A jerks a jerk no matter what gun he is shooting. I think its just the jerks with nice gear stand out more.

I don't mind spoiled kids at all. Its the kids that are spoiled rotten that get to me.

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:18 PM #261
Impose.Fate

Impose.Fate is BST Trusted
Impose.Fate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Impose.Fate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Impose.Fate has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Impose.Fate is attending Decay of Nations VI
i dont really care what age people have what, only thing that bothers me is when they think they are instant professionals because they own it. I had a dm6 when i was younger ( when they came out ) and I had worked hard, never once did I believe i was the best on the planet...
Impose.Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:24 AM #262
LeperLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
I'd be proud too!
I have a teammate. He's about 15. Pretty cool kid, but he doesn't know anything about paintball, however he wants to learn EVERYTHING! Before games and stuff I'll teach him about snap shooting and leaning out of cover and stuff. He owns his own stuff, a present from his parents, but he respects it and is always asking me something about it.

Another kid at the field today came up and asked me to fix his gun. He had no idea how much that told me about him! He was about 13 with a leaking Proto SLG and he somehow knew that I knew something about fixing guns. As I was checking over his bolt and cap, I was talking a bit to him. He got his gun for Christmas this year and just started playing. He knew a fair bit about his marker and loader and was happy to hear about my AutoCocker and Revvy. He was far from the spoiled newbies that I see a lot at the field, humble and willing to learn and be constructively criticized!

Also today, a group of the spoiled newbie kids with their Dangerous Power Fusion FX's and DM10s refused to chrono their markers. Flat-out. There are no refs at my field, so we couldn't talk to anyone of authority to get them to chrony them. I didn't want to play with them, but they ended up on the opposite team in a massive 30v30 game. Of course, I got bunkered with a (very) hot gun. Left me bloody, and it still hurts like a mother here 8 hours later! Turns out they finally did chrono. First three shots: 375, 380, 377. About 100fps too fast!

People like your brother need to dominate this sport. The other guy needs to get bunkered until he learns that you're here to have fun and not to feel superior to everyone else.
Noah
My little brother has always been a good kid. works hard in school and listens when people who know what they are talking about try to teach him new things. My bro has probs put 10 cases through his envy and it still looks BRAND NEW!!! I instilled the same respect for equipment that I have the equipment I buy for myself. He babies his gear just as I do and it pays off. He never had any malfunctions. He's also the kid you hate because he will never leave you alone he's always asking questions about how to play bunkers where to lane what to look for how to get better.

IM0 the kid loves it. He just wants to go out and have a good time and if he dominates some stuck up 12 year old with rich parents then hell all the more to him.

As for your kids shooting 350 + Might I recommend dumping a hopper on them at those kinds of speeds. Thats a pretty quick way to learn the error in their ways. There is no way that is safe and if they were shooting that hot they must have been shooting crap paint for it not to be breaking in their guns.

Last edited by LeperLord : 07-08-2012 at 01:26 AM.
LeperLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 PM #263
jpballer27 (Banned)

The Best Part is when a first time rental gets one of those kids out!!! PRICELESS
jpballer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM #264
Bradensback
Annual supporting member

Bradensback posts videos on PbNation
Bradensback supports Pev's Paintball
Bradensback has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bradensback has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bradensback has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDanger View Post
Second this

Previous guns: dlx luxe, victory, geo, closer, csl, ego6, mini, demon, ion, epiphany, autocockers, droid, g4, alias timmy, g6r, geo2, demon, ego11, ripper,
Bradensback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM #265
diabolicpiggies

diabolicpiggies owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
diabolicpiggies has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm 20, live with my parents and bought my first gun, a 2011 Proto Rail. My dad seems to get fanatically into new hobbies and recently purchased a DM12 and an Ego 11.

That fact aside, it won't stop me from using the Rail for at least a few time more going out, until I get a better understanding for the game. It is part a respect for the game and also because walk-ons with shiny near gear in my area seem to get bonus balled a bit, and probably would be something better avoided .

I think it is more disrespect that bugs the majority of more experienced and more skilled players than the gear itself. The reason behind the disrespect is mostly beyond me though because it seems that paintball, especially on walk-on days, is a social sport where you meet tons of great people.
diabolicpiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 PM #266
Bradensback
Annual supporting member

Bradensback posts videos on PbNation
Bradensback supports Pev's Paintball
Bradensback has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bradensback has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bradensback has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ya haha thats a good point too because a few months into the game i walked on with a csl and people were a little jealous

Previous guns: dlx luxe, victory, geo, closer, csl, ego6, mini, demon, ion, epiphany, autocockers, droid, g4, alias timmy, g6r, geo2, demon, ego11, ripper,
Bradensback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM #267
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
My little brother has always been a good kid. works hard in school and listens when people who know what they are talking about try to teach him new things. My bro has probs put 10 cases through his envy and it still looks BRAND NEW!!! I instilled the same respect for equipment that I have the equipment I buy for myself. He babies his gear just as I do and it pays off. He never had any malfunctions. He's also the kid you hate because he will never leave you alone he's always asking questions about how to play bunkers where to lane what to look for how to get better.

IM0 the kid loves it. He just wants to go out and have a good time and if he dominates some stuck up 12 year old with rich parents then hell all the more to him.

As for your kids shooting 350 + Might I recommend dumping a hopper on them at those kinds of speeds. Thats a pretty quick way to learn the error in their ways. There is no way that is safe and if they were shooting that hot they must have been shooting crap paint for it not to be breaking in their guns.
Yeah, they were shooting Midnight, I believe...no idea how it wasn't breaking in the marker...sure broke on me, though! Unless the chrony was broken, they were shooting whatever it said, which was 380 or so...
I did make sure to give 'em a little extra lovin'...they were wiping, too, which didn't help things. Also shooting 12.5 ramping...which at point-blank equals a lot of shots on you! My 'Cocker was shooting nicely around 290+/-4 at around 10bps. I didn't overshoot anyone all day! Excepting those jokers with the unsafe guns...
Your brother is the perfect paintballer, like my teammate. Always wanting to learn something new, and always takes care of his stuff!
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 PM #268
LeperLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
Yeah, they were shooting Midnight, I believe...no idea how it wasn't breaking in the marker...sure broke on me, though! Unless the chrony was broken, they were shooting whatever it said, which was 380 or so...
I did make sure to give 'em a little extra lovin'...they were wiping, too, which didn't help things. Also shooting 12.5 ramping...which at point-blank equals a lot of shots on you! My 'Cocker was shooting nicely around 290+/-4 at around 10bps. I didn't overshoot anyone all day! Excepting those jokers with the unsafe guns...
Your brother is the perfect paintballer, like my teammate. Always wanting to learn something new, and always takes care of his stuff!
Noah
In recball I always play semi, however on certain occasions I have been known to put my EGO5 into omfg super ramping mode of 20 bps death to prove a point or two. Some people never learn, so you have to show them the error of their ways by power washing them.

As for my brother he is out of paintball for a few weeks with a concussion, great in school, great at paintball. Not so great when it comes to walking down stairs at night... he will be ok though
Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM #269
CookieCrumble

CookieCrumble is playing at Living Legends VI
CookieCrumble owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CookieCrumble supports Team VICIOUS
CookieCrumble has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What I hate is new older players who talk **** to me because I am wearing a jersey and such and call me spoiled yet I own all of my own gear that I paid for by delivering newspapers and I play pump! That's what really pisses me off,ignorant *******s who make assumptions. Keep in mind I'm 14.

Last edited by CookieCrumble : 07-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.
CookieCrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 AM #270
sir bonusball

sir bonusball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sir bonusball supports Team VICIOUS
sir bonusball supports Team VICIOUS
sir bonusball has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sir bonusball is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly I don't mind them, but I do if they talk **** to me about my playing and gear... For example a 18 year old guy ( my guess ) was making fun of my bob long vice when I had it, so I went out there and bunkered the **** out of him to let him know that I may have what you think is a **** gun, but I'm going to be better than you
Old 07-12-2012, 01:36 PM #271
drmiller

drmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
drmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
drmiller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lightbulb

I'm pretty surprised by a lot of peoples comments.

One should realize that the majority of folks you are referring to are pre-teens, or young teens. Regardless of the gear they use, most 5th grade to 10th grade kids are annoying, arrogant know-it-allls. I have a few friends who are middle school and high school teachers. Trust me, that's just part of being that age. I'm not saying it's Ok, or that it's a lack of parenting; the bottom line is that it's a fact. I'm sure I was cockier when I was 12 too lol.

With a more expensive sport like paintball, golf, etc, there will be a higher percentage of "privileged" kids. Those kids can have an even higher propensity to be "entitled". Again, this is typical behavior from boys this age. Knowing that paintball attracts kids this age, you just need to be the bigger man and deal with it.

May I suggest a bit of refocusing:
Pay less attention to the bratty kids, and pay more attention to the younger kids who are interested in learning more. They typically are more engaged, knowledgeable, and fun to be around. Sure you run the risk of them pulling on your shirt asking question after question, but what's wrong with being a good mentor?

I haven't played since highschool and am now 27. I just bought all new (to me) higher-end gear to start playing again starting this weekend. People could call me a poser if they want, but I bought what I did because I can and because I wanted quality stuff that will have a minimal amount of issues. I started in the later '90s/early '00s with Tippman's and Spyder's, and eventually an Autococker before going to college. Regardless if people knew that or not, I still wouldn't care if people wanted to judge... that type of person is not who I prefer to associate with.

I'll be looking for people to get me back up to speed again, young and old. It's been so long, I don't even know how to tune a modern electronic gun haha. Heck, I may even approach some of the more respectful kids to give me some pointers. I know the game has changed substantially since the early 2000's as airball was practically mythical back then and our speedball courses were crates, tires, emppty water jugs, and plywood. I'm also pretty confident it'll come back quickly as I like to learn

Seriously, though; give the kids a break.. they're kids. The gear they wear should not make a difference to you. If you don't want to associate with them, don't. If you want to help them, all the better.

Last edited by drmiller : 07-12-2012 at 01:41 PM.
drmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 PM #272
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
The cost of gear pales in comparison to field and paint fees.. come on guys stop being jealous!
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM #273
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
Quote:

Your bro sounds a lot like my bro haha! Same age and everything, except my brother has a mini. I'm fortunate to come from a wealthy family, but because of that, everyone assumes that my parents pay for everything, which isn't true. They paid to get me started and give me birthday presents that are paintball related, but because my brother got into the sport at a young age (11), they got him a full setup on the condition that he get straight A's, which he did easily.

My favorite story is when me and my brother were playing with a team of D4/5 players, who were all really cool guys. About halfway through the day, a car full of kids who my bro knew from middle school pull up and start talking **** about how my bro is spoiled and probably sucks at paintball. I had to hold in laughter because I watched the little **** who started it annoy his mom into buying him an epiphany from the pro shot 20 minutes early.

Long story short, we line up for a 7v7 on a typical speedball field. I make it to snake 50 with my bro backing me up and take out 2 before trading out with their snake player. My bro fills perfectly, takes out their D corner before destroying the epiphany douche and his friend. The field owner complemented my brother for closing the game like a boss, and he used to play for the All-Americans back in the day, so it meant a lot to my brother. I took it as a complement for me as well, because I've taught him 90% of what he knows about paintball

The other thing that sets my bro apart from the spoiled kid is the fact that his gear is always in amazing shape. He doesn't play as often as I do (maybe 6-8 times a year), but I'm looking at his mini now and I can't find a scratch on it. There's barely even any barrel wear and he's put about 20-30 cases through it!

tl;dr: My brother bunkered some ******* kid. I **** my pants I was so proud.
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote